Lv 50 patch: THE class for worldbosses?

OnlyRyan

So, i heard that with the level 50 patch, in order to farm efficiently, its kind of necessary to farm world bosses which function like Blackwyrm.

Because they function like that i heard that you struggle as melee class as it is now and be better of using a ranged class. I main a KFM. Do i really need a ranged alt to do the WBs?

If so, what would be the best ranged class for this FM or Sum?

And a slight Off topic question as well: Will summoners still be that good PVE wise like they are now when the lv 50 patch comes?

(Would it still be THAT effective to kill mobs like Terror with a whole zerg of summoners or could other classes be good for this stuff aswell?)

I really dont feel like making a class i dont like to play which then even need the same gear my KFM has now or more...

Or do they ever consider changing how such bosses function to make it better for melee classes vs ranged ones?

Nothing will change pve wise for summoners. Any class can solo the bosses. Even if you would make a summoner it would take you longer to solo it than with a party of 2-3 people. Lucky I will be mostly duoing it with my bf so…I am not worried at all.

Find a friend / buddy to play with and kill them efficiently.

a common way to farm MOONSTONE (which is one of the main materials for lvl50 weapn/accessory upgrade) is to join Faction Boss Farming in Soulstone Meadow (the new faction map)

this is done during the MINING Phase of the faction map (if your faction defeated the boss in First Phase - he is easy and drops Box that has chance to give you Meadow Key - this key is used to Open Meadow Boxes which will have a chance for you to get 1 or 5pcs  Moonstone)

MINING PHASE:

There are 3 waves - each wave consist of 2 Pigsty Boss + 1 Terror (between waves theres a chance to spwn a random boss not gonna go in detail on it)

- Pigsty Boss mostly Drops Faction Insignia - easy boss for Melees and Ranged alike - can sometimes drop Scroll that gives 15soulstone quest

- Terror drops Meadow Box (which contains Moonstone 1 or 5pcs) - this boss is like the Vermillion Terror... it can 2 Hit anyone with 50k HP from its RED AOE) - this boss is harder for melees... (can sometimes drop scroll too like the Pigsty Boss)

4th wave = BOAR BOSS

- this boss Drops Box which contains Meadow Keys (1 or 5pcs keys or nothing at all)

- not deadly as the Terror... but this boss Charges alot!!!!!! moves around (so melees will have harder time to deal dmg than ranged)

note: 1% dmg done is needed for you to get drops.... bosses has like 10million (forgot exact HP) HP but they die in Like 20-30sec if too many players atking them.... in short you need to do 100-150k dmg within 15-30sec so you get loot

P.S. you see many Warlocks (especially those with Dragoncall Book) farming this map hehehe....

2 minutes ago, Laoshottie said:

That's when you know the world boss design is just a pure mess. Melee has a harder time in general to deal with small nuisances, more so if you get low fps. Doable, but if there is a huge zerg, gl getting brilliant drops.

It makes sense to me that melee classes are more exposed to the attacks of bosses in groups. FPS is an issue, but so long as melees have a way to keep aggro it seems reasonable.

12 hours ago, Enlainzer said:

a common way to farm MOONSTONE (which is one of the main materials for lvl50 weapn/accessory upgrade) is to join Faction Boss Farming in Soulstone Meadow (the new faction map)

this is done during the MINING Phase of the faction map (if your faction defeated the boss in First Phase - he is easy and drops Box that has chance to give you Meadow Key - this key is used to Open Meadow Boxes which will have a chance for you to get 1 or 5pcs  Moonstone)

MINING PHASE:

There are 3 waves - each wave consist of 2 Pigsty Boss + 1 Terror (between waves theres a chance to spwn a random boss not gonna go in detail on it)

- Pigsty Boss mostly Drops Faction Insignia - easy boss for Melees and Ranged alike - can sometimes drop Scroll that gives 15soulstone quest

- Terror drops Meadow Box (which contains Moonstone 1 or 5pcs) - this boss is like the Vermillion Terror... it can 2 Hit anyone with 50k HP from its RED AOE) - this boss is harder for melees... (can sometimes drop scroll too like the Pigsty Boss)

4th wave = BOAR BOSS

- this boss Drops Box which contains Meadow Keys (1 or 5pcs keys or nothing at all)

- not deadly as the Terror... but this boss Charges alot!!!!!! moves around (so melees will have harder time to deal dmg than ranged)

note: 1% dmg done is needed for you to get drops.... bosses has like 10million (forgot exact HP) HP but they die in Like 20-30sec if too many players atking them.... in short you need to do 100-150k dmg within 15-30sec so you get loot

P.S. you see many Warlocks (especially those with Dragoncall Book) farming this map hehehe....

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

15 hours ago, Enhance said:

It makes sense to me that melee classes are more exposed to the attacks of bosses in groups. FPS is an issue, but so long as melees have a way to keep aggro it seems reasonable.

This is pretty much the case with any game that has both melee and ranged. Theoretical dps is the same, but because of movement and mechanics melee is at a disadvantage and they don't have increased dps output to offset it. I can't for the life of me figure out why Devs never balance this out. I said fk it, though, and rolled FMs and WLs to farm with. I'll have to actually run with my melee toons for outfits or whatever, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have my progress slowed because I'm playing the wrong class.

Archived