kfm with 250ms ping

shin19

Anyone from the SEA are experiencing kfm with such high ping like me ? despite kfm is the most ping reliant class in the game, i would still like to try it out as i have never played kfm before.

as i been practicing 3rf combo recently, but the main problem is, i can't even get the 3rf execute in a correct way. is that due to ping ? or simply the melodic rhythm isn't right. anyone who could manage to hit out 3rf combo in 200ms here to lend me a hand ?

With 250 ms I can hardly imagine you able to ani-cancel anything. There is a precise rythm to press your buttons which varies with your ping - but with THAT ping, I don't think anything is achievable. I've seen Jaesung playing KFM in NA with ~200 ping and his 3rf is really terribly slow, he barely cancels the very end of each animation.

3 already recovers chi, Searing Blow is a big damage loss because of its long animation + inferior damage compared to Cyclone Kick, I think that 33F or even 3RF with 250ms would do more damage than 3F with Searing Blow really. Cyclone Kick is the biggest part of 3RF's damage so you don't want to sacrifice it.

3 hours ago, Shuchin said:

does the animation length matter if you cancel it anyway?

bnstree says the total damage of one 3RF cycle goes down by 7% from cyclone to searing, I can imagine that this can decide win or lose sometimes.

Cancelling Searing Blow makes you lose a lot of its damage since it's divided between all the little hits. You have to go through the full animation if you want the full damage, and even with the full damage it does less damage than a Cyclone Kick, so Searing Blow is a loss of damage in two ways : loss of speed, AND deals less damage. By the time you go through the full Searing Blow animation, you'd have the time to do another 3RF.

Edit : I'll also add that if you wanna do 3F with Searing Blow instead of 3RF, you also lose the damage from your Straight Jab on top of that.

Well if his ping is long, the animation might play through anyway, and I thought we should omit the jab for 250 ms because it would take even longer to get the next signal for 3 through. Thanks for the information about the divided hits though - I assumed that like with other games (Aion), multiple hits would still register even if the animation was cancelled.

I might test that tonight just to get a feel of it, though of course I believe you.

Archived