Silverfrost = So how about those who are behind?

OtakuPandaCX

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know where you need to leave off before you weapon path gets reset before the update? I'm not about to do the new weapon path on my main because i've heard its so much longer AND expensive. Like no. I don't have time or patience for that thankyou, i don't see why we need the updated weapon path in the first place it's annoying //:

You should be safe as long as you get to at least Awakened Pirate. You'll supposedly save some gold worth of extra mats by doing this. You should have at least 3 weeks from now to get it done at worst, since the earliest expected date for the update is after current Daily Dash event ends (April 6th).

Just now, 895113_1452550608 said:

Does anyone know when "spring" is ;P I need a goal to set for myself to get the weapon and everything.

Some say it's in early to mid April. I expect not to be any earlier like some do. I mean right after the lvl a new char to 45 event? Nah, too early for such a big update if you ask me, so I'm using April 6th as my baseline.

Matter of minmaxing effort required to get mats for new weapon path. Many expect it to be worse than the current one, which is why you have many keen on getting to at least Awakened Pirate before update arrives. In any case, we'll all get to the same new 'final' weapon path, it's just the requirements will differ depending on which weapon you're at by the time of the update.

As long as I'm not forced into a long grind just to see story mode, I'm ok if these patches separate casuals from hardcore players even more. It only means more bonus dungeons I'll never be seeing but are not really needed for story mode to make sense.

2 hours ago, SirRay said:

i believe that this is to early half the players in this game have barely stepped into the current content why release something new? i play just about everyday doing dailies on multiple chars and i have yet to reach the full potential of this cap. so causal players are no where close to being done. we dont need to catch up to the other versions that fast

They  need release the content because NCsoft west still want to compete this year in the world championship =)

point is updates are too fast. i dont know the ratio of who is an average player and hardcore players. but i think the game is unfriendly with newbies or those who are playing 2hrs per day max.

why is my font color white on the comment box as i type?? :3

Don't worries to much about weapon upgrade
ppl with max gear right now can't upgrade further until they can craft silverfrost trans stone which require alot of material especially premium silverfrost refiner ppl with true profane and true siren will got stuck at awakened breeze too due to same problem
you can get much more gold from silverfrost daily quest should be around 20G without doing heroic dungeon
you get around 15G for all heroic dungeon daily so total 30-35G without vip.
Don't be hurry this update contains only basic dungeon daily quest routine real end game content will come later.

ps. wtf happen to my browser I can't see any thing I type into forum -0- I type in other program and copy paste to here.

1 hour ago, Fatalito said:

Hello. So I've read in the silverfrost update description this line:

" Enjoy a seamless transition from the current weapon and accessory upgrade paths to a new Silverfrost endgame upgrade track. Those who have already upgraded their weapons with endgame materials will skip ahead, while those who have yet to begin progressing at endgame will jump directly to the new system. "

Anybody knows what exactly does this mean? Will those still stuck on Lv 36 infernal (because moonwater stones and soulstones are still not so openly available) have to pause story mode progress in order to upgrade? What will this new system be if anyone knows? Thanks for answer in advance.

If you're stuck at 36 infernal, then you rushed levelling and don't know anything about how to make gold in this game.

I finished a character today, hitting level 45 with +10 awakened profane. It is just knowing what you're doing. Sell the moonwater pickaxes you get from the story quest to get money, buy moonwater transformation stone. There's true infernal. Do quests around Moonwater plains and you have enough to upgrade it to +10. Then do Poh24/BSH24 at level 44, and it'll not only get you the entire level, but also get you enough money to go to awakened profane +10.

Skeletons don't look so nice to level with anymore, do they?

Its not casuals that will have the issue here.

its people who dont really have a main.

casuals who main a toon, like myself, who arent even in a clan but do at least 5g in dailes should be pirate and leveling accessories. 

A player would perhaps be ignoring dailies (which means ignoring all current endgame content) or spending gold on junk, to be to broke to do upgrades.

its cheap as fk to level right now.

41 minutes ago, Meliran said:

If you're stuck at 36 infernal, then you rushed levelling and don't know anything about how to make gold in this game.

I finished a character today, hitting level 45 with +10 awakened profane. It is just knowing what you're doing. Sell the moonwater pickaxes you get from the story quest to get money, buy moonwater transformation stone. There's true infernal. Do quests around Moonwater plains and you have enough to upgrade it to +10. Then do Poh24/BSH24 at level 44, and it'll not only get you the entire level, but also get you enough money to go to awakened profane +10.

Skeletons don't look so nice to level with anymore, do they?

You are totally right. I have zero idea how to handle myself in this game. I've read no guides before starting to play this game because the game "should" teach me what I need to do to at least enjoy general gameplay. Secrets and other stuff is another thing. I also don't have the brains to figure out most of the gold making stuff myself. Sue me for being a moron. Now, I'm not saying that the devs should make the game easier for me. In fact, they should make it much more difficult at the lowest levels and make it clear from the get go, meaning, level 1, that I need to practice my skills and party etiquette. After all, the "It's an mmo so you must lrn2party" quote should apply to. uh. mmos? Instead, we get all leveling and story mode so far into a solo package that doesn't even need the Infernal weapon most people start end game with. But where money is involved, the devs actually make the game so alluring to start up and advance just to keep as many people in and paying. I'm guilty of falling into this trap of games I simply can't finish too many times, and will sadly keepf alling for it. <.<

If one thing Final fantasy 11 did well back then when it started, was to shove in your face the fact that you NEEDED a party to even walk around their world from level 5 onwards. More mmos should come to this realization and stop the whole solo hand holding that ends up with totally inexperienced people PUG'ing for end game.

2 hours ago, Bumlife said:

point is updates are too fast. i dont know the ratio of who is an average player and hardcore players. but i think the game is unfriendly with newbies or those who are playing 2hrs per day max.

why is my font color white on the comment box as i type?? :3

Yeah if you only have a couple hours or so a day to play it is impossible to make enough gold to upgrade everything. If you have spare real life money you can use the currency exchange to keep up, otherwise you are kind of screwed as far as end game content goes.

They release content way faster than any other regions and they expect us to continue playing and do our dailies non-stop without a break. If the only reseaon behind this agressive patch Schedule is to compete at "world championship" i'll probably watch it and laugh at unexperienced EU/NA player fighting koreans with 5years of training.

1 hour ago, Fatalito said:

If one thing Final fantasy 11 did well back then when it started, was to shove in your face the fact that you NEEDED a party to even walk around their world from level 5 onwards. More mmos should come to this realization and stop the whole solo hand holding that ends up with totally inexperienced people PUG'ing for end game.

As another former FFXI player who still has some vivid memories of Valkurm/Qufim/Yuhtunga, I sort of agree with this point, but I also think that WoW's decision to break from that model is a big part of what made them the behemoth they are.  So I don't exactly expect any other MMO making company to follow the old "learn teamwork immediately or GTFO" model (let alone having exp parties compete for mobs, which would trigger a mass exodus to some game where you didn't have to put up with that kind of stuff).  And, in fact, Square Enix has come around too, both in FFXI itself, and in FFXIV.

And there are good reasons for that -- playing with groups has disadvantages too.  People want to leave and you have to replace them (I still remember "/sea all 24-27 inv" after all these years, but even if you found someone of the right role, then you had to wait for them to reach you, unless you could keep fighting with 5 in the meantime), some are jerks, some are incompetent and hold you back, etc.

Requiring a group dungeon at level 20 to continue on your weapon upgrade path is actually pretty demanding, I think, compared to the industry in general.  Even though you can go right back to soloing after that -- for a while.

Archived