Subscription for Canada (Billing Address related)

Karrynka

I was in the process of buying membership, but then I realized something while I was filling out the Billing Address information fields.

When I chose Canada, the "State" field (above the Country field) did not switch to "Province". We don't have states in Canada, we have Provinces. The listed States were of course the ones in the U.S.A. But at the bottom of the States list there's "Other", so I chose that one. But "Other" doesn't quite specify a Province per se, such as Ontario or Quebec for example. That's important, it's part of my actual Billing Address. When I send letters I don't write "somewhere in Canada" or "other" after my city's name. Additionally, there's no field for a Postal Code, there's only Zip Code. We don't have "Zip Code" in Canada, it's a Postal Code. It's not the same (look it up if you need to), Zip Code has 5 digits exclusive to the U.S., here in Canada we have a mix of numbers and letters (alphanumerical system) with a total of 6 characters in the code.

So I stopped filling out the fields because I'm expecting things to simply not work. The Billing Address information fields demand the exact same information regardless of the payment method selected (Credit Card or PayPal). Can any Canadians tell me if they experienced problems buying membership?

Thanks.

Hi, I ran across this before but I just choose "other" on the state area leave "Canada" as the country and put the city you are in. (I encountered this when I was buying a membership in game)

But try doing it on the site, it's a lot easier, you can just scroll down through the "state" section and you'll seeall the provinces of Canada listed.

Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, Income said:

Hi, I ran across this before but I just choose "other" on the state area leave "Canada" as the country and put the city you are in. (I encountered this when I was buying a membership in game)

But try doing it on the site, it's a lot easier, you can just scroll down through the "state" section and you'll seeall the provinces of Canada listed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand what you mean by "...try doing it on the site". Because that's of course what I've done. I'm on the site, here at bladeandsoul.com. And I don't see any Canadian Provinces listed. I chose "Other", and then nothing changes, Provinces don't appear, they just don't show up in the list. If I misunderstood something please let me know, thanks.

Yep on the website, I just tried this again, I went on my account and bought NC Coin. It prompted me to fill out my information, First thing I did was choose my country "Canada" then under state/province I just scrolled down and found my province and entered my postal code on the Zip/Postal code section. and filled the rest of the information just perfectly fine.

Not sure why you cant go through it @@

Ok so I'm doing it step by step, showing how it goes for me:

First thing, I choose the Country.

bh7iPYl.png

Then, I choose the "State" to open up the scroll down list. As you can see, when the list opens up I can only see U.S. States (from top to bottom).

lM2mWun.png

I go at the bottom of the list to choose "Other".

a9uPT7Y.png

This is what it looks like when I'm done choosing Canada (1st) and the "State" (2nd).

5xftIyF.png

Now, after I choose "Other", when I go back to check out the list of States, nothing changes, and Provinces don't show up.

FWWP94b.png

It just doesn't work for me. Not sure why it works for you. I just don't get it.

8 minutes ago, JubJub said:

Are you perhaps running a VPN, DNS changer, or location redirector?

Nope. I'm just using Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), with Firefox (latest version). My connection is a normal one (typical internet connection setup by Windows). My modem isn't even a router, it's just a normal plug-and-play modem without internal protection (I'm using Kaspersky Suite for security). My Windows Firewall is disabled (everything is included in Kaspersky, firewall, etc). And on a side note, I've just tried with Internet Explorer just in case it was Firefox... still the same.

It sounded like you were running one of those services that allows you to watch US Netflix like unblock.us or similar and so the website thinks you're from the US.

Check your account settings under billing address. I noticed in that section, it only lists states and zip code. For me, the states section is blank but the zip code has the correct postal code. Also when I go to buy membership, all that information is pre-filled for me as it asks me to log in before buying it. Again the states section is blank but I do get to choose my province.

Ok I just tried to edit the Billing Address under NCSOFT's Account (My Account) settings, and I have the exact same options to choose from:

5QufOf3.png

The only difference here is that instead of just showing "State", it shows "State/Province". However, there's no actual Province choices in the list at all.

I don't know what's going on. I've purchased memberships from other games before (such as TERA, and Star Wars: The Old Republic), and I've never had a problem like that (with the same computer, same settings, same everything). I can't figure out what's happening.

That's what it looks like for me too. You should be able to fill that all in correctly except for State/Province regardless. Once done, see if buying membership changes. Pretty sure even with the province not displayed, the CC charge should still work. I bought NCoin with billing information missing the province info.

Ok, so I filled out the Billing Address fields from the NCSOFT's Account settings. I selected Canada, then "Other". But I also typed my Postal Code under the Zip Code field (I hope that doesn't create any problems). Now, once that was done I went back to the Shop > Premium Membership page, and chose the PayPal method. This time around, instead of having to fill out the fields it directly sent me to the PayPal Checkout page, then I only had to click "Agree & Continue". I didn't proceed because I was expecting to see the Billing Address fields again.

I suppose that this time it would work, but what if there's a mistake somewhere? I fully expect to be charged, but if my Billing Address doesn't "match" because the fields expected other information (for example, if they consider that my Zip Code is wrong because I entered a Postal Code) then I think I'd be screwed (I.E. losing the money, and not able to get it back in case of a problem). I'm not sure about what I should do. I don't exactly feel like 'risking' anything. Why couldn't it just work like you guys? Why can't I just have the proper fields to fill out like everyone?

If you're paying by credit card, I don't think it's a problem either way. The zip code field accepts postal codes and as long as that's correct, there shouldn't be a problem with the transaction. If there is anything wrong though, usually the credit card won't accept the transaction and not the other way around.

Alright, it worked.

I got my 30 days membership. It was also instantaneous. I remember reading in other threads that some poeple reported that it took hours for the membership to apply. In my case, I payed, logged-out, logged back in and boom, membership was there.

I'm still confused as to why the Billing Address fields was different for me though.

Archived