Disable Trading of Gold

Mushna

21 minutes ago, Mushna said:

Hello. Maybe its better to disable the trading of gold to minimize bots or anything the same.

ONLY if I could still send it to my alts...

oh wait.. i still cant send it to my alts...

14 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

they'd start trading the gold value in items =/

they've done it before on other games.

all you're doingi s defending them. The value of gold is the only reason they're still alive. It would kill them if Gold was disabled because of the the items are already untradeable. What are they going to do? sell 300 soulstones for 8 dollars?  thats not as efficient as compared to selling gold. there isnt a high demand if they resort to that kind of business.

6 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

all you're doingi s defending them. The value of gold is the only reason they're still alive. It would kill them if Gold was disabled because of the the items are already untradeable. What are they going to do? sell 300 soulstones for 8 dollars?  thats not as efficient as compared to selling gold. there isnt a high demand if they resort to that kind of business.

you'd be surprised.

look at runescape when they put the trade restrictions on.

the bots made it so they used your account to farm the gold. instead of trading.

look at (oh jeez.i forget the name of it...).   there was no gold trading.   so bots would use their gold to buy valuables on the market. and sell those.   the player who bought it would then sell the valuables back on the market for the gold.

i'm not defending them. i'm just pointing out all the ways I've seen bots get around restrictions.

the only way to stop bots, is to get players to stop buying from them.     All other ways hurt players more.

looking at blade and soul. i can see several ways to get around a gold lock.

1. buy valuable on market.  give to player.  resell on market

2. go into a dungeon with 2 people. find the item auction system. put in 100g and then win the auction. the 100g goes to the player.   which gets around the gold restriction.

You have the right idea but you're not taking it far enough. 

Making everything bind on pickup/bind on Account would definitely work, and I'd actually be alright with that.  People love their auction house, though. 

30 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

thats not as efficient as compared to selling gold. there isnt a high demand if they resort to that kind of business.

Just google and you will see for yourself that a FF14 armor goes for $40 on one of those gold sites. If it can make them money, they will sell it.

player 1 goes to gold site and orders 500 gold.

player 1 goes to marketplace and sells an unsealing charm for 500g 0s 43 copper

goldseller logs on and searches for the player's specific item he choose to sell with the specific price tag on it.

goldseller buys it.

That's how goldselling has been done on bns. From Korea all the way to europe. So disabling gold trading is pointless.

52 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

you'd be surprised.

look at runescape when they put the trade restrictions on.

the bots made it so they used your account to farm the gold. instead of trading.

look at (oh jeez.i forget the name of it...).   there was no gold trading.   so bots would use their gold to buy valuables on the market. and sell those.   the player who bought it would then sell the valuables back on the market for the gold.

i'm not defending them. i'm just pointing out all the ways I've seen bots get around restrictions.

the only way to stop bots, is to get players to stop buying from them.     All other ways hurt players more.

looking at blade and soul. i can see several ways to get around a gold lock.

1. buy valuable on market.  give to player.  resell on market

2. go into a dungeon with 2 people. find the item auction system. put in 100g and then win the auction. the 100g goes to the player.   which gets around the gold restriction.

24 minutes ago, Grillz said:

goldseller logs on and searches for the player's specific item he choose to sell with the specific price tag on it.

goldseller buys it.

That's how goldselling has been done on bns. From Korea all the way to europe. So disabling gold trading is pointless.

are you guys stupid? in this game, everything is almost untradeable. The only ones that are tradeable would be the craftable items and mats which holds value AND also the Soulstones. There isn't much in the game that you can trade that would be valuable for the consumer as COMPARED TO OTHER GAMES. Understand the game first before you use other games and their failure. k thx bye

PS: noone is DUMB enough to even sell unsealing charm for taht absurb amount if theresa  fixed rate on the general shop. IF they can somehow make the bot craft, then thats up to them to make a complicated bot. I doubt they can do such thing. They have to gather all the mats and transfer it to make the items for i believe 5 hours to make unsealing charm. VERT INEFICIENT.

3 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

are you guys stupid? in this game, everything is almost untradeable. The only ones that are tradeable would be the craftable items and mats which holds value AND also the Soulstones. There isn't much in the game that you can trade that would be valuable for the consumer as COMPARED TO OTHER GAMES. Understand the game first before you use other games and their failure. k thx bye

Umm... Grillz is actually spot on:

29 minutes ago, Grillz said:

goldseller buys it.

Every single game that has locked gold to character has Goldsellers do it exactly this way.

*edit: This is also how a lot of gold is laundered between the goldseller's farming and management/banking accounts

1 minute ago, Domriana said:

Umm... Grillz is actually spot on:

Every single game that has locked gold to character has Goldsellers do it exactly this way.

not when they have a duplicate on the general shop selling it for a fixed price. and moonwater transformation stone is what they have to resort too and soulstones. Soulstone can be account binded if they really want to and make moonwater transformation stone still marketable. that would be the better approach. But everything else that could be inflated is fixed with a fixed price on the in game shop.

3 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

PS: noone is DUMB enough to even sell unsealing charm for taht absurb amount if theresa  fixed rate on the general shop. IF they can somehow make the bot craft, then thats up to them to make a complicated bot. I doubt they can do such thing. They have to gather all the mats and transfer it to make the items for i believe 5 hours to make unsealing charm. VERT INEFICIENT.

did you miss my part about the item auction

yes alot of stuff is untradable.  but because of that theres an item auction system when in dungeons

now put you and a bot in dungeon.

the bot wagers the 100g you bought from it.

bot wins the item. and you got 100g.

gratz. u got around it.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

not when they have a duplicate on the general shop selling it for a fixed price. and moonwater transformation stone is what they have to resort too and soulstones. Soulstone can be account binded if they really want to and make moonwater transformation stone still marketable. that would be the better approach. But everything else that could be inflated is fixed with a fixed price on the in game shop.

I'm not completely sure you are understanding what is going on here. We are talking about how Sellers would transfer the locked gold they farmed to the buyer, not how they would make gold to sell.

2 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

did you miss my part about the item auction

yes alot of stuff is untradable.  but because of that theres an item auction system when in dungeons

now put you and a bot in dungeon.

the bot wagers the 100g you bought from it.

bot wins the item. and you got 100g.

gratz. u got around it.

no he didnt mention that method, which is certain there. which goes to my original point from a different THREAD. this is the better way for them because it narrows down the culprit, instead of it being spread around in other ways. This would be the only way for them to get around the system. they certainly cant put a limit on it, but if they see someone bidding on a piece of crap item for 100g then you know those 2 parties are BANNED.

5 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

no he didnt mention that method, which is certain there. which goes to my original point from a different THREAD. this is the better way for them because it narrows down the culprit, instead of it being spread around in other ways. This would be the only way for them to get around the system. they certainly cant put a limit on it, but if they see someone bidding on a piece of crap item for 100g then you know those 2 parties are BANNED.

except those 2 are alone in a dungeon. no one in the party to report them.

and your "solution" is the same as they do now.  aka they mail 100g.  so NCsoft watches for the big money mails.

aka NCsoft already does this.  blocking gold trade would just make NCsoft do the same thing, but instead of mail. its auctions.

and it fks players (like me when i moving gold from my main to an alt to get her some more keys for the boxes from the wheel because she ran out due to the wheel giving her warlock stuff instead of blade dancer!

in fact, Keys are the #1 commodity on the market. (along with field repair and seals)

i've made MAJOR profits off keys 

and off field repair kits.  

but i've also moved quanitities of 20g+ of keys/seals/repair kits playing the market (buy cheap. sell high)

so the method i use to recycle gold to profit.   is what bots would use to transfer gold, by trading keys.

they certainly cant put a limit on it, but if they see someone bidding on a piece of crap item for 100g then you know those 2 parties are BANNED.

So you're saying if I use this method to transfer gold between my accounts or between my characters on different servers I should get a ban?

Just now, Domriana said:

So you're saying if I use this method to transfer gold between my accounts or between my characters on different servers I should get a ban?

no because they dont have to do it that way, as long as they still transfer gold through their alts. meaning through other characters within an account. so much like the founder costume or some account bounded items like pirate accessories, they should be account bounded disabled from being traded.

The disabling of trading of gold will definitely be a game changer for those bots and websites selling gold and I believe it will be a stepping stone to step up the game's monitoring system for this kind of business. Unfortunately, I think only few were banned at the moment. NCSoft should enforce strict policy against this kind of activity if they really want the game have its own future. Players (especially newbies) starting to dislike this game because of those.

yea, they plead innocence saying they were just transfering gold. Both parties have the consequences of facing a ban for a certain amount of gold they're transfering between two characters with this method. The only way for them to go around this is by pleading to the support (which they've done before and got their account lifted) is by pleading and creating a thread that would ignite other players until their account is restored. This method would still be better and put a much more risk on both parties participating in RMT because they can easily be seen whether both accounts actually put effort into theirs  and see if both account are legit before raising any kind of suspicion with doing an illegal trade by bidding on an item for 100g 200g or 500g. It just a better way to restrict them until they eliminate those who buy and sell them.

3 minutes ago, Jinjii said:

Just put in a system like TERA's where EMP selling is commonplace, legal and people are pretty trustworthy.  There are no bots in that game and if there are, they're pretty hard to find.

they already have that.

the gem conversion system

yea, they plead innocence saying they were just transfering gold. Both parties have the consequences of facing a ban for a certain amount of gold they're transfering between two characters with this method. The only way for them to go around this is by pleading to the support (which they've done before and got their account lifted) is by pleading and creating a thread that would ignite other players until their account is restored. This method would still be better and put a much more risk on both parties participating in RMT because they can easily be seen whether both accounts actually put effort into theirs  and see if both account are legit before raising any kind of suspicion with doing an illegal trade by bidding on an item for 100g 200g or 500g. It just a better way to restrict them until they eliminate those who buy and sell them.

and what about those of us who actually do trade 100g+ on the market.

buying keys cheap. selling them for higher prices.

its a legit marketing technique (supply and demand) and i've got ~180g on the market right now beign recycled like this. slowly making profit.

i put up more keys sometimes in quantities of 20g worth.

not to mention field repair kits, and seals.

if people buy it and sell it.  the difference in price is my profit.

and while i do this simply to play the market for profit.   Bots could hide here and use this to transfer gold buy buying keys, trading them. and having the person sell keys for the gold.

Just now, Tomoko said:

they already have that.

the gem conversion system

and what about those of us who actually do trade 100g+ on the market.

buying keys cheap. selling them for higher prices.

its a legit marketing technique (supply and demand) and i've got ~180g on the market right now beign recycled like this. slowly making profit.

i put up more keys sometimes in quantities of 20g worth.

not to mention field repair kits, and seals.

if people buy it and sell it.  the difference in price is my profit.

and while i do this simply to play the market for profit.   Bots could hide here and use this to transfer gold buy buying keys, trading them. and having the person sell keys for the gold.

if you're playing the marketplace game, then why would I have issue with you? if you make alot of money selling keys or unsealing charms then be it. There is a fixed price on the general shop that erradicates all inflated prices. keys are easy to get and they sell for 10s20c along with unsealing charms. field repairs kits all of that are LEGIT. we're talking about people trading using the bidding system for an ABSURD amount of gold.

Also GameGuard is not working for this bots and if the game patch for new fix the bot makers will patch their own also, so its a never-ending process of blocking, patching, etc. from both parties. Better yet NCSoft should plan and look for a better anti-cheating system or at least improve their client files.

Archived