yay DPS Meters!!!

Gizakio

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

Most people who know how to know that its not all about just DPS unless you severely out gear the content.

Let me remind you, again, that this is a F2P game. Don't bother yourself with logic, faith in humanity or other such trivial nonsense - that kind of thinking isn't welcome here.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gizakio said:

yay DPS Meters!!!

4 hours ago, KarmaINC said:

nice more tools for the elitist.

As stated above, DPS meter doesn't do sh*t in parties. If I play a SMN that focus on party buffers and tanking my cat, then I will most likely have the lowest DPS in a fight, but yet, I will likely contributed the most to allow the DPS classes to do their job. This is as useless an indicator as those crying for AP checks.

6 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

As stated above, DPS meter doesn't do sh*t in parties. If I play a SMN that focus on party buffers and tanking my cat, then I will most likely have the lowest DPS in a fight, but yet, I will likely contributed the most to allow the DPS classes to do their job. This is as useless an indicator as those crying for AP checks.

you that are a Summoner you will be fine. what about rest classes? people will go apeshit "this build doesn't bring much dps" etc bullshit, and build diversity will be lost. *cough GW2

2 minutes ago, Yagion said:

you that are a Summoner you will be fine. what about rest classes? people will go apeshit "this build doesn't bring much dps" etc bullshit, and build diversity will be lost. *cough GW2

It is the same issue for any class. As long as a class focus on aggro control, they are not DPS'ing according to the DPS meter, hence rendering it useless.

>dps metre

>hope people dont expect tanks in their parties cuz thats going to come to an end

>meta era(EYY BOSS WHATS THE HIGHEST DPS CLASS)

>reroll every patch

>RIP f8. 

>you think cross server is bad now? oh boy ncsoft gonna show you what bad and cancerous really is. 

4 hours ago, Xphance said:

race change? does that mean we can make a destroyer gon then switch race to lyn and have a destroyer lyn ?

Forget Lyn Destroyers, I want to see a big burly Gon Summoner crying a puddle of tears as he's wishing his familiar back to life. :D

2 minutes ago, MadBlue said:

Forget Lyn Destroyers, I want to see a big burly Gon Summoner crying a puddle of tears as he's wishing his familiar back to life. :D

no, its more like, lyn fm can become yun fm. races change bounded by classes. 

DPS Meters eh?  Oh well, say goodbye to the days where people actually use group support abilities,  or stop DPSing to actually get out of the way or block an enemy attack.  Also, it'll be fun getting booted from group because your classes Meta is 5DPS lower than another class.  Also, tanking will be a thing of the past.  The number of wipes and insane increase in general toxicity are going to be epic.  Can't wait!

Also, once there's enough meta information tallied for DPS numbers in endgame content by the best players in the world you know one of the classes is going to end up in last place.  Whatever that class is, enjoy being alienated from pretty much all endgame content. 

1 minute ago, Boscodash said:

no, its more like, lyn fm can become yun fm. races change bounded by classes. 

Oh, yeah, I know. I just thought the image of a Gon breaking down and crying to bring a cat familiar back to life was pretty funny. :)

That makes no sense ... someone who wants the highest DPS possible would do anything to stay alive. Nothing is worse than dying because you lose a lot of dmg.

To block doesn´t cost as much time as to die and get revived

5 minutes ago, Elmala said:

That makes no sense ... someone who wants the highest DPS possible would do anything to stay alive. Nothing is worse than dying because you lose a lot of dmg.

You must not play MMO's very often.  Nobody stops DPSing to avoid damage when tunnel-visioning the meters, and if they die it's the groups fault; or, more specifically, the non-existent tanks fault, since everyone in the group is specced to DPS and no one wants aggro.  If you have aggro you can't focus on being at the top of the meter. 

I can't wait to watch every random group I join completely fall apart.  It was bad in World of Warcraft, but in a game that's ALL DPS classes it's going to be so much more epic. At least in WoW the tank and healer could usually carry the group, as they were not involved in the meter nonsense and could keep even horrible players alive by playing well. 

Just now, Elmala said:

exactly do anything to say alive, use party support buff on self and wrong timings cuz im afraid of dying. screw party play, the rest of the team can die as long as i stay alive and deal damage.

boss is gonna be running around between players cuz there will be no designated tank. forcemasters will get to hit the boss no matter where he runs cuz they are range, melees will chase bosses who are chasing the range classes cuz the range can just blow their hardest hitting skill at the start.

if you dont have a premade and want to go pub instances. prepare to tilt so hard you might as well quit playing. 

Whats wrong with dps metter? It will just set META per class.Noone is expecting BM to outdps FM for example but there must be what an avarage dps per class should be and everything lower mean just the person is doing something wrong(aside from hes gear).I don't run with randoms at all but dps metter would help me and my friends to monitor our dps and what could be improved.
Because instances after snow jade are really demanding and we must play like beasts anyway if we want the 4 man version.But to be beast you have to see what is wrong with setup/tactic/dps rotation etc.Things all important.

I don't need dps metter to know someones dmg is ubber bad,I just don't know how bad it is,thats it.

Only people that could cry about it is the people that expect to be carried or just can't be bothered to read/watch guids/skill builds etc and don't care what ther dps is as long as the instances is done.They don't care that they are being carried.They simply give no flying poo that someone else has to compensate.And I have friend like this...you have no idea how many times I was about to tell him to gtfo if he wasn't friend.

1 minute ago, Tupan said:

Whats wrong with dps metter? It will just set META per class.Noone is expecting BM to outdps FM for example but there must be what an avarage dps per class should be and everything lower mean just the person is doing something wrong(aside from hes gear).I don't run with randoms at all but dps metter would help me and my friends to monitor our dps and what could be improved.
Because instances after snow jade are really demanding and we must play like beasts anyway if we want the 4 man version.But to be beast you have to see what is wrong with setup/tactic/dps rotation etc.Things all important.

I don't need dps metter to know someones dmg is ubber bad,I just don't know how bad it is,thats it.

"i dont run with randoms" then you dont know the state of pug parties atm. 

2 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

"i dont run with randoms" then you dont know the state of pug parties atm. 

99% of them are disaster you don't need Nicola Tesla IQ to know that.With or without dps metter it will remain the same.

The race is on, again, they bragged how we get WL very fast compared to other regions which had to wait a year to get it, well people are very dumb and dont get the fact that other regions waited 1 year to get the newest content for their region at the time, let me say that again THE NEWEST CONTENT FOR THEIR REGION AT THAT TIME, we get outdated content "fast" no if anything is slow and we will have to wait much more time to get up-to-date content 

This game is meant to be plaid focused at level 50.

2 minutes ago, Tupan said:

99% of them are disaster you don't need Nicola Tesla IQ to know that.With or without dps metter it will remain the same.

this discussion is more about making it worse than it already is. its literally putting in a new feature which renders a previous one useless. will not affect the asian servers cuz they arent cancerous but in the west. well shit. rip new players, rip what little build diversity we had. might as well put in a vote kick feature just to top it all off so we can vote kick players with lowest dps on the metre. 

3 minutes ago, Tupan said:

I mainly do randoms, and people at the very least seem focused on doing what needs to be done to kill the boss.  Actually succeeding in the boss fight is the only metric they have right now to know if they're doing well. 

Once the meters go live all of that goes out the window.  Most people would rather see the party wipe than be at the bottom, because if you've topped out the meter you can at least convince yourself you did well.  Clearly the wipe was because everyone else sucks. 

32 minutes ago, Goji said:

Once the meters go live all of that goes out the window.  Most people would rather see the party wipe than be at the bottom, because if you've topped out the meter you can at least convince yourself you did well.  Clearly the wipe was because everyone else sucks. 

To begin with, those are nothing but speculations. "If you do that, it'll totally go that way, because that's what I fear would happen". "Out the window" is a dramatization as well.

It's no secret that everyone's goal is to beat the boss, and unless that is accomplished it doesn't matter how much damage you dealt. The above only applies to "public" DPS showing how much of a boss's hp was done in by you - totally not what I, or other people asking for "dps meters" usually mean. Plus I believe you're really exaggerating how much of a weight that this instrument will have.

I understand your concern if they added things like highest DPS in dungeon getting all the loot/higher loot, or a DPS championship with a ladder like PVP one. I feel like those could go horribly wrong with people competing for higher DPS. With just an optional personal indicator, all it does is let you test things out easier instead of number-crunching manually. And as a mostly DPS class, the only person I want to compete in DPS against is myself in different skill builds.

We do already have quite a lot of - as they say - "toxic" - community members whose only goal in game is to show how superior they are, and whose main priority is find an excuse for themselves when party fails. They won't go anywhere, and they'll stay whether or not we have a DPS meter.

I doubt there are many people who are only "not toxic" right now because they have no DPS to channel their toxins through. And look at the game - PVP plays major part in it, vast majority of people have done it, the rest know full well about it. The concept and importance of "CC" and "iframes" along with DPS is, I'm sure, known by at least 99% of people in end-game dungeons. I highly doubt the change will have even nearly as bad an effect on the community as it is right now - I even believe the opposite.

Archived