• Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gizakio said:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3901&l=3409

newest update in korean test server 

Gender change / race change / dps meter etc

we will have it. maybe 2 years later?

Gender change, ok. 

Race Change, Maybe ok. 

DPS meter, bleep that bleep in a bleep sheep bleep bleep bleep donkey bleep Ford Pickup truck bleep them in the bleep bleep ‽ ‽ ‽ ‽ ‽

22 minutes ago, Xphance said:

race change? does that mean we can make a destroyer gon then switch race to lyn and have a destroyer lyn ?

No, classes are still locked to races. it will only allow you to change race to one that can play your class. and just because korea has it doesnt mean we get it too since our version is a mix and pretty much customized.

2 minutes ago, Yagion said:

couldn't agree more. 1st it was "my ap is higher than yours", now we'll have "my dps is higher than yours"

Seriously.... How much babysitting players need if someone decides to be jerk they will act like that even or without dps meter so why the heck would other suffer because of players who are jerks / players who cry over YHYYY NO DPS METER BECAUSE THEN I MIGHT GET INSULTED YHYY

I can see a dps meter being useful to help improve our self's. But I can also see it being used in a negative way as well just to create drama in faction chat. I'm on the fence with this one really since it will bring good things and bad things.

It's pretty unneeded. The moment you trade blows with a boss for about 5 seconds should already give you an idea whether your current build is better or not. The DPSmeter only fuels the rampant metagame which is something I really hate about modern rpgs, but then again, eh. I could care less in general.

in my experiences in games with dps meters, it's just a way for people to shove their...ahem, expletive members down other people's throat.

The best way to implement a dps meter would be like..a personal dps meter, which only shows how much damage YOU do, which is the only thing you REALLY need it for, unless you want to shove it down other people's throats, tbh.

This community is already toxic enough without the dps race. Plus, there are builds that are more for support, like fm, or summoner. And Dest builds cause them to sacrifice damage to help out party members, a dps meter could bring int he pressure to only utput dps, and therefore take out the need for support, which woud hurt the game's style in the long run :Y

12 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

It's pretty unneeded. The moment you trade blows with a boss for about 5 seconds should already give you an idea whether your current build is better or not. 

Then you're probably some kind of math wizard. The time differences between my attacks in fire and ice mode as FM are quite different, I can see the numbers but I can't compare them and the overall damage per second is too close.

This logic is like, "Let's not invent scales because slim people are gonna be elitist about their weight and shame fat people. You can already see how slim you are, you don't need no scales. You can measure the effectiveness of your workout by just 'feeling' it."

It's nothing but an instrument. Everything can be used to shame someone, doesn't mean we should refuse tools because people are oversensitive. And I'll take that over using AP as your e-peen length, because at least it means something practical.

7 minutes ago, Telethia said:

in my experiences in games with dps meters, it's just a way for people to shove their...ahem, expletive members down other people's throat.

The best way to implement a dps meter would be like..a personal dps meter, which only shows how much damage YOU do, which is the only thing you REALLY need it for, unless you want to shove it down other people's throats, tbh.

And I don't imagine it being otherwise. How do you make "Public" dps, showing numbers publicly on dummies on something? Inconvenient as hell, not to mention some classes like KFM won't be able to test half their rotation. I've always imagined it similar to the current FPS meter, but with DPS instead. It would be easier to spot/research differences between different mobs, too.

4 minutes ago, Telethia said:

This community is already toxic enough without the dps race. Plus, there are builds that are more for support, like fm, or summoner. And Dest builds cause them to sacrifice damage to help out party members, a dps meter could bring int he pressure to only utput dps, and therefore take out the need for support, which woud hurt the game's style in the long run :Y

Stop the excuses.

I haven't seen this attitude for years now, it might have been around in WoW for awhile, but honestly, most people who strive to get the most out of their characters OR use it to monitor specific things like a certain amount of damage that needs to be applied to a boss fight or wipe 24 people know how to use it correctly.

This is just a decade old argument that holds no merit and if there is anyone out there still spouting off like how you say there is, it would be a minority of people and they would only be doing it for attention.

5 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Stop the excuses.

I haven't seen this attitude for years now, it might have been around in WoW for awhile, but honestly, most people who strive to get the most out of their characters OR use it to monitor specific things like a certain amount of damage that needs to be applied to a boss fight or wipe 24 people know how to use it correctly.

This is just a decade old argument that holds no merit and if there is anyone out there still spouting off like how you say there is, it would be a minority of people and they would only be doing it for attention.

I'd glad to join the guild you're in then. Basically every guild chat I've joined in every recent MMO has been about minmaxing and comparing spreedsheets over at pastebin that I'm not even sure they were talking about the game anymore. You basically just suck it up to them or else they'd blame you for playing the game wrong. Don't pretend these people don't exist because most of the time, they're also the top spenders in MMOs.

Just now, Enhance said:

And I don't imagine it being otherwise. How do you make "Public" dps, showing numbers publicly on dummies on something? Inconvenient as hell, not to mention some classes like KFM won't be able to test half their rotation. I've always imagined it similar to the current FPS meter, but with DPS instead.

Well, games like WOW and Tera have dps meters, where it gathers everyone damage data through....okay I don't know how because I'm kind of illiterate in this stuff, but you know, it looks through game data files, blahblah

And then it's like "XxBiigbootyxX: 23 mil, 40%
Ggnore: 10 mil, 15%"
(my naming skill are GREAT)

I would love a personal dps meter to be honest, that maybe shows how much percentage YOU did in a fight, compared to the boss' hp but not what everyone else did.

and so on, so you know how much damage everyone did. Which in itself isn't that bad, but like I said, it runs the risk of just making people obsessed with dps, and getting the highest, so there's only ONE skillset, only ONE path of skills. like Fore build has more outright dps than Ice build, at the end of the day, but I prefer the support that Ice build offers, as well as CC, even if it lacks somewhat in damage. or a summoner who specs healing, or even the destro that will lifts bosses, etc, blahblah, and so on. Bns has a pretty unique system in terms of team play, and I'd hate for it to become pigeonholed by dps shaming elitists

@Enhance

Like I said, I could care less. Not my fault some people can't discern which skill rotation kills monsters faster. This argument is basically the same like those people who argue that they can't stand subtitles in anime because they can't read the stuff on screen while watching at the same time. Must be a nightmare for them to play games like Total War and other RTS then where you have to micromanage a lot due to the insane number of things happening on the screen at the same time.

A DPS meter is really useful and it makes me sad that it´s got such a reputation because of some jerks.

And when these jerks don´t want support in their groups because it means less dmg, just see them failing and laugh ... it is not worth it but it is not because of the DPS meter but because they are jerks.

You already get sort out because of ap and gear... so what would be different?

Just now, Taemek said:

They do exist and you are expecting people to get enjoyment at the same level as you do.

For some people, min/maxing is fun. That is what they get enjoyment out of, just because you don't doesn't make it bad.

It's the opposite actually. The reason they're called elitists is because they expect YOU to enjoy the game as they do. 

4 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

I'd glad to join the guild you're in then. Basically every guild chat I've joined in every recent MMO has been about minmaxing and comparing spreedsheets over at pastebin that I'm not even sure they were talking about the game anymore. You basically just suck it up to them or else they'd blame you for playing the game wrong. Don't pretend these people don't exist because most of the time, they're also the top spenders in MMOs.

They do exist and you are expecting people to get enjoyment at the same level as you do.

For some people, min/maxing is fun. That is what they get enjoyment out of, just because you don't doesn't make it bad.

1 minute ago, qpoljanan said:

It's the opposite actually. The reason they're called elitists is because they expect YOU to enjoy the game as they do. 

If you join a guild of so called *elitists* you are expected to play at their level.

The entire reason for joining clans/guilds is to find people who share the same goal, drive or passion as you do. If you are in a guild that expects you to play at your best ability and clearly you have different opinions, then you are clearly in the wrong clan.

Archived