Do you get the free 4th slot on your weapon when upgrade to breeze with lvl50 patch?

kv2004

7 minutes ago, Volmie said:

No. Starting at one of the silverfrost upgrades you have to unequip all your gems and the amount of gem slots you get is random. You could end up with terrible luck and only 1 or 2 gem slots, it's all rng.

Wat? even if you had 4 slots you can go down?

3 hours ago, Volmie said:

No. Starting at one of the silverfrost upgrades you have to unequip all your gems and the amount of gem slots you get is random. You could end up with terrible luck and only 1 or 2 gem slots, it's all rng.

great. more RNG bullshit

I rolled 4 slots on my Oathbreaker (may have been the Awakened) in TW while a clanmate rolled 2 on the same upgrade. He had used gem hammers to unlock the 4th slot before so he lost 2 slots.

We might not get that system, though.

Iirc I had the first gem slot reroll in TW when I upgraded to Profane and our weapons are still stable.

I also still hope we don't get golden gem hammers for slot 5 and 6...

This is probably part of the monetization model so they might change it in our version.

While using a gem hammer early and getting the slot for free later is totally fine as you still get some benefit (more gem slots on weaker weapon), it's not ok to force players to open gem slots they had already unlocked. I guess there will be a lot of complaints if we get random rerolls of gem slots on lvl 46+ weapons.

We will get some gems with more impact but having 3 slots is usually enough.

It will depend on the availability of gem hammers in the future as currently a large amount of them come from the CS and the 6th slot can take over 60 gem hammers (or some golden hammers depending on what we get).

There is no indication beforehand that the slots you unlocked can be lost later (at least not currently) so lots of ppl who don't read the forums and maybe bought all their hammers in the CS will cry much longer than a day or two.

lol, the slots you have now will not reduce. dunno why people are throwing false information around. if you have 4 slots atm you will get 2 extra unopened slots which will make it a total of 6 slots. if you have 3 slots now, you wil get 3 extra unopened slots. 

9 minutes ago, Volmie said:

The only one throwing false info is you. At a certain point in the silverfrost upgrade chain, starting at the second or third version of devil I believe, you are required to unequip all your gems before upgrading and the amount of slots you get is random. This is not "false information", it's not "made up", it's part of the game. There is no way to avoid that, it's how it works, and if you don't believe me, go talk to Ayame on BnS dojo, I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you about how he ended up with 1 gem slot on his legendary weapon.

Will this happen for every evolution past this point or just once?

1 hour ago, Volmie said:

The only one throwing false info is you. At a certain point in the silverfrost upgrade chain, starting at the second or third version of devil I believe, you are required to unequip all your gems before upgrading and the amount of slots you get is random. This is not "false information", it's not "made up", it's part of the game. There is no way to avoid that, it's how it works, and if you don't believe me, go talk to Ayame on BnS dojo, I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you about how he ended up with 1 gem slot on his legendary weapon.

no, unequipping your gem was a thing that used to happen on all evolutions before the updates. why would i need to ask ayame when i played this myself? 

infact i have a better solution, you can Q&A them on todays livestream if there is any. 

4 hours ago, Volmie said:

This is incorrect, starting at Oathbreaker (Devil) the amount of gem slots will not be re-rolled on upgrading and you do not need to remove your gems

EDIT: Before people start quoting this, I'm going to do a full investigation to make sure this is 100% accurate

15 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

This is incorrect, starting at Oathbreaker (Devil) the amount of gem slots will not be re-rolled on upgrading and you do not need to remove your gems

Rekt. Thank you dev for clearing the misinformation in this thread.

1 hour ago, Babbletr0n said:

Could you answer the OPs question please? Would really like to know

54 minutes ago, Verah said:

Rekt. Thank you dev for clearing the misinformation in this thread.

Heaven forbid I couldn't read the mind of the devs, none of you knew any better either, and don't act like you did.

On 3/17/2016 at 0:11 PM, Babbletr0n said:

EDIT: Before people start quoting this, I'm going to do a full investigation to make sure this is 100% accurate

When I go to upgrade my Warlock's weapon from True Profane to Oathbreaker, a message pops up at the bottom of the screen that says "True Profane Razor - Stage 10 is socketed with gems and cannot be evolved."  so either the tooltip in game is wrong or you're wrong.  I've read other posts that you lose the 4 socket that you paid for when upgrading to Oathbreaker and I paid money for NCoins to buy those gem hammers.  Seems to me like everyone should play the safe route and continue with the old upgrade path.

On 16/3/2016 at 6:11 PM, Babbletr0n said:

so we are waiting for the full investigation result

On ‎16‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, Babbletr0n said:

17 days have passed. still waiting for "full investigation answer"

On 2016-03-16 at 6:11 PM, Babbletr0n said:

This unfortunately seems to be wrong Babbletron. I went from 4 gem slots to 2 when I upgraded from True Pirate to True Breeze the other day, just like another person above here said a clan mate of his did. Would be awesome if you could look this up and investigate, thanks.

Archived