About in-game ERP services

YesMeansYes

One day i was looking through clan recruitment messages in forum and in game, and found out there are a couple of ERP (Erotic Role Playing) clans out there.

First of all, what is this ERP?

You might have heard/seen people talking like if they were their characters, either as a joke or like being in a play or movie. That is the base of RP, you are your character, you talk like he/she would talk in that time, location and situation. Some took this and turned it into something sexual. Guys prettending to be hot blondes hitting off with a big muscled guy who is just another random guy on the internet. Some females might be there too but that is the idea, you dont know who is behind that character and it doesnt matter. They wont know who you are, you just can fulfill your fantasies without anyone judging you because you are in a group with people who like the same things you do.

Okay we got that... but... ERP services?

Yes, in-game ERP services. Knowing some people like ERP but maybe they dont want to be doing it all the time and have a whole different clan that suits their gaming needs i found this idea.

The basics (still to be polished) are this.

You send a mail/pm/whatever to a "pimp" with the requeriments you want on your ERP mate/s. For example, i tell a "pimp" i want a tall, strong build, red headed gon who is concious about her body to save me from the pirates because im a weakling and want to be dominated by her and wants a strong feeling of immersion.

The "pimp" will see if he have a character or knows someone in the buisness with a character like that and reply the message. In this example, the "pimp" accepts the request and tells the client.

Once there is an agreement in time, place and date, the client heads to the date and the "pimp" will act as an NPC, selling him a hidden map for a pirate treasure (this is just an immersive way to charge the fee for this example). The client heads to where he is told in the "map" and start killing pirates (example: poh24 or around the area) when the requested Gon comes around and that is how they meet and move however things want to move.

Sounds like too much hassle?

It was just an example, you could also say "just gimme whichever Gon with the biggest knockers is avaiable, i dont care about pre-ERP, just want some kinky chat and lots of Gon dancing and bouncing".

But isnt that....?

Okay its a pretty way to say its in-game fictional prostitution. But the word prostitution is a bit harsh and also, remember that everything will happen in-game only, either chat and/or emotes/actions. No one will actually go to your house and have sex with you via this service. As far as i know, you can open different kind of shops (like art) as long as you dont charge real money and accept only in-game items. Thanks to the cross-server market, we can buy our own items from different servers to make it work like a cross-server trade (sadly gotta pay market comission), with this we can expand our buisness fruther by recluting people from any server.

Notes:

Pimp = Person who will interact with the client, is the only person who is allowed to break the ERP rules to be able to set the date with the client, fee negotiation, etc (unless the client states he doesnt want ERP and asks for whatever service he might need)

Client = Person who asks for our service with a Pimp and pays the fee.

Attendant = Person who will be doing ERP at all time as long as is with the customer on the stated time and date (if accidentally meet outside the place can make up some side-story when found out) unless the client states otherwise.

Okay with the service itself explained i will move to the 2nd point of this post.

This is a pre-recruitment, pre-advertising post but the most important thing is.

Does anyone know if this would be against the rules? Of course, having a staff member to answer would be the best, but for those who actually read the terms of service and rules (because most of us just click we read them even if we dont), does it seem to be within the rules?

There wont be any real money transaction, no real life pictures of anyone involved in the service, etc. Also, just like art shops, we will charge vie in-game items/money but its always buy at your own risk since NC wont have any way to check for this kind of trades (once again, just like art shops).

About sexual content. We believe that if ERP clans are allowed, then we should also be allowed (at least for sexual matters) and since i havent seen ERP clans posts closed and/or banned in-game then they seem to be allowed.

As soon as we get the green light, you can expect more of us.

There are sooooooooooo many websites you can go to, to get your fix of ERP action. There are potentially males and females who play this game who in their countries are considered minors when it comes to any kind of sexual interaction. So maybe keep this kind of crap to yourself.

RP happens. No big, ERP also happens, although I don't participate in that, I will RP if I'm not killing things. I like the immersion of RP more than anything. Sort of lets you escape into the game mentally. Once the leveling challenge is done with and if things are boring in ffxiv balmung, I'll be on one of my Characters listed below, feel free to RP, although be forewarned that Kompressor, Bhuem KaBhuem, and Dorathea Bhump are completely insane individuals; Marhiel, Racheal Winter, are basically me. Gullas Agdistis is a transwoman priestess of the Goddess Agdistis. Thorsen Runnhild is the great great grandson of an Asgardian. Lets see if this game can get a RP community going. 

Oh and Sylvia Corvus, she's evil. 

I mean Lawful Evil, worshiper of power and darkness, and the like. She also would have an Eastern European accent. 

1 minute ago, Keigun said:

What in the fresh *cricket* did i just read? Are kids nowadays really *cricket*ed up like this?

RP dates back to when only Nerds played online computer games. The odds are very few "kids" do RP, and only the Nerds who also write fan fiction, seem to RP. 

I use to RP on a Text only MUD back in the late 80's. I have seen this genre go from text, text with pictures, top down characters, early 3d models ect. RP has been a mainstay of the genre since the beginning. Also ERP has been around just  as long. 

2 minutes ago, gothicshark said:

RP dates back to when only Nerds played online computer games. The odds are very few "kids" do RP, and only the Nerds who also write fan fiction, seem to RP. 

I use to RP on a Text only MUD back in the late 80's. I have seen this genre go from text, text with pictures, top down characters, early 3d models ect. RP has been a mainstay of the genre since the beginning. Also ERP has been around just  as long. 

do ppl really have nothing better to do?

When this guy is talking about imaginary pimps and *cricket*ing each other over the keyboard and CAT5 wired lines I find waxing my carrot way more productive

2 hours ago, Karrynka said:

For RP purposes (all types of RP mind you) I'd instead recommend Champions Online.

As far as B&S goes, meh, I don't think it "fits" the game. And it's weird to see threads like this (to me anyway).

Any MMO, Champions has RP, although it's nothing compared to City of Heroes RP. I do miss that game. If you want a strong player community and hard corps RP,  ffxiv Balmung, if you can get on that server. They have anything you can imagine as a RP service. 

Just now, Keigun said:

do ppl really have nothing better to do?

When this guy is talking about imaginary pimps and *cricket*ing each other over the keyboard and CAT5 wired lines I find waxing my carrot way more productive

After a long day of work, I do 3 things, Free them, (biology functions), and play MMOs until I fall a sleep. Better? Not really, I'm done with my day, not will to spend too much money and I like to have fun. RP is a good way to let off some steam. It's no better or worse than posting junk on the forums. 

6 minutes ago, gothicshark said:

Any MMO, Champions has RP, although it's nothing compared to City of Heroes RP. I do miss that game. If you want a strong player community and hard corps RP,  ffxiv Balmung, if you can get on that server. They have anything you can imagine as a RP service. 

After a long day of work, I do 3 things, Free them, (biology functions), and play MMOs until I fall a sleep. Better? Not really, I'm done with my day, not will to spend too much money and I like to have fun. RP is a good way to let off some steam. It's no better or worse than posting junk on the forums. 

So you let off your steam by being a part of online imaginary *cricket*-each-other-over-internet which is shunned by all major game companies?

Ok. 

oh yeah, rather not see this kind of *cricket*ery in here.

I thought bot train farming insignia was the most disgusting thing I saw today, and I was wrong

4 minutes ago, Keigun said:

shunned

Only ERP is against any Terms of Service. However I should point out that this game is well known for ERP in Korea. Many MMOs do actively support RP, and RP communities, what's really funny about that and I know this because of reasons, the majority of Game Developers are Nerds who RP, and some even ERP in their own MMOs. 

Remember people who write fan fiction, are usually also the people coding video games. 

Ok, been reading the User Agreement, since I was interested in knowing the answer to the OP's question. 

I'll quote it:

9. ACCOUNT ACCESS AND PERMISSIBLE ASSIGNMENT

1. BY CLICKING "I ACCEPT" YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE: 1) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OTHERWISE LEGALLY COMPETENT TO READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF; 2) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OTHERWISE LEGALLY COMPETENT TO READ, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND A MINOR AGE 13-17 FOR WHOM YOU ARE LEGALLY PERMITTED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO THE GAME; OR 3) A MINOR AGE 13-17 WHO HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED TO CLICK "I ACCEPT" UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 9(C) BELOW. YOU ARE HEREBY FOREWARNED THAT NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION, EXERCISE ITS SECTION 3(B) RIGHT TO TERMINATE BASED ON FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE CRITERIA ABOVE.

In the Rules of Conduct I'll quote:

• WHILE PLAYING BLADE & SOUL , YOU MUST RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND THEIR RIGHTS TO PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. TO THIS END, YOU MAY NOT DEFRAUD, HARASS, THREATEN, OR CAUSE DISTRESS AND/OR UNWANTED ATTENTION TO OTHER PLAYERS
  • YOU MAY NOT USE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, HARMFUL, THREATENING, ABUSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, HATEFUL, RACIALLY OR ETHNICALLY OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE.
  • YOU MAY NOT POST OR LINK TO ANY SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, HARMFUL, THREATENING, ABUSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, HATEFUL, RACIALLY OR ETHNICALLY OFFENSIVE IMAGERY OR CONTENT.
  • YOU MAY NOT VIOLATE ANY LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL, OR INTERNATIONAL LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
  • YOU MAY NOT ORGANIZE NOR BE A MEMBER OF ANY PLEDGES OR GROUPS WITHIN BLADE & SOUL THAT ARE BASED ON OR ESPOUSE ANY RACIST, SEXIST, ANTI-RELIGIOUS, ANTI-ETHNIC, ANTI-GAY, OR OTHER HATE MONGERING PHILOSOPHIES.

Basically, you can ERP if you avoid those rules. Which means kissing ok, sex not ok. 

Archived