Mob Resetting

Dr SoulReaper

Not to mention when I hit S to jump back, mobs reset or  if  mob hits me backwards they reset.

But lately  has someone else mentioned when thrall vasnishes  mushin resets, but everytime I used S to jumb back from mushin he reset everytime him and  2th floor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried contacting NCsoft many times but they forwarded me here. This bug happens with all binding abilities. Freeze with FM soul shackle and leash with warlock. basically long range casters are *cricket*ed unless they stay in melee range from enemy and tank the hits they will reset. This happens to melee enemies who don't have ranged attack or have no way of reaching you while soul shackled. I don't remember this happening at the beginning of the game. This must have happened in a patch after the warlock update since this never happened to me in the early game. only after reaching lv 45 and doing nightshade harbor i noticed this problem. Also after the 50 update some enemies in the 24 man dungeon in silverfrost some enemies reset combat all on their own probably because i was in a higher place(not to high just the path was more elevated in my side). the AI is really strange in this game. i wasn't on top of a rock.

With this bug doing Solo Brightstone as a Warlock is completly impossible!

And maybe with other skills it's the same Probleme but with Soul Shackle from Warlock it happends always.

I submitted this problem to the support and they sayd they handed it off to the developer. But they could tell me nothing more. It's not even in a official post with known issues. The bug with Soulburn on Blackwyrm they fixxed already now with the today patch, but bugs in that players have massive problems and can't play properly they forget completely!

I contacted the support and they know about this issue with the WL, they're working on it but don't know when it will be fixed.

Even the support employee said that she's a Warlock and understand my frustration when I said that this class is trash in PvP and now even annoying in PvE, which makes the game/class really boring to play overall...

Yes as a warlock this happens to me quite alot, mainly with the soul shackle skill, even if my thrall is right in front of the enemy it still sometimes resets, how can a ranged fighter be ranged if we got to be up in the enemies face, that defeats the purpose of being range, they need to, get on fixing this bug, it really didnt start happening to me until after playing e fleet and nightshade harbor a couple of times and doing mushins tower a few times, it mostly only happens to me in those areas.

20 hours ago, SillyKitty said:

I wonder how you managed to explain this to them, since this is a different answer from what I got. Could it be that they changed their "this works as intended" answers to admitting this is an issue?

Maybe the french support doesn't answer like the english one ^^. 

I feel bad for the people who face HP resetting mobs and bosses. I wished I also had this problem at few point. I went to attack Silver Deva in Mushin Tower and noticed I was using pvp skills. Of course I wanted to change my key bindings and went outside the room as fast as I could. People had said the bosses do reset if this is done. Well not Deva! He decided to follow me outside the room until we were in the opposite direction of the door. Could be also that I am melee character why it didn't reset but that was extremely interesting experience to see how far Deva can be dragged without it resetting.

i noticed useing soul shakles at the start of a fight causes enemys to just give up on you unless they are withing range to hit you anoying i know but to help survive i recommend investing into the block or evasion stats as well as crit to help survive

Wow i really thought it was just me.. Din't know other warlocks face the same thing. I use to get this a lot for field mobs. Especially those yeti lookalikes at the gabiyung map. I chain and then constantly hitting them and suddenly they are no longer agro and life goes back to full.. like seriously wtf?

So is it a bug or am i too far away from it. From what i can tell, i have gone further with other mobs and its fineeee.

Had similar experiance, especially in soulstone plains which makes that place even more annoying then it already is.

Now i have noticed serval instances where this reset bug happens:

If you root the mob and regardless of your distace from him it reset as long as it cant hit you  (which kinda ruins the whole point of root) both range/melee mobs and mostly happens in soulstone plains.

If you aggro mobs with pet first and attack mob from maximum distance or close to that, most commonly seen in silverfrost.

If you attack mob from maximum distance it will stand there looking stupid and then reset after few sec even multiple times till you get closer. Mostly seen in silverfrost maps and on melee mobs i guess it has something to do with mob path finding the way it happens.

I have had this problem on my warlock as well, i found if you damage the mobs with anything else besides shackle first they wont reset. Also have had issues with soulburn not working after another warlock in group cast it first and we try to chain use it with multiple WL in group to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 5:53 PM, Witchazel said:

I have had this problem on my warlock as well, i found if you damage the mobs with anything else besides shackle first they wont reset. Also have had issues with soulburn not working after another warlock in group cast it first and we try to chain use it with multiple WL in group to.

For SB there is a party cooldown separate from standard cooldown.   I believe it is 1 minute.   When you're in group look at your cooldowns and you will see it.

I submitted a ticket:

about 60 % of the time I attack a mob from range they reset. I have to run towards them to keep them from resetting. The problem is much worse since the patch on the 27th.
There is nothing in "Known Issues".
I’ve posted a video clip of the problem to YouTube.  The video is poor quality because I recorded it on my camcorder.
(tried a free screen capture program but it wouldn’t work.

The video clearly shows the mob resetting multiple times. 

response from Tech Support:

Upon checking your request, it is intended for monsters to have their HP Reset if they are bound by a certain skill and the said caster of the skill is out of their range. It is more like of an enemy recognizes that he is being attacked, but doesn't know the source of it being too far away and the system resets its HP instead.

In other words, it won't be fixed.  FM's are not a ranged class.  (working as intended)

Ya I canceled my membership, due to this bug or having to stay in melee range crap...Warlocks are a ranged class.

I've had  floors in Muchin, get boss down to 10% or lower and it resets like 4-5 times.

With no real responses from admins or dev or support.

So screw NcSoft, I go to Black Desert 

They seam to like my money more.

Great game but 2 patches ago this reset crap was reported by many.....

• 5 months later...

I've been playing for around 3 weeks now and I've had this problem constantly with my Warlock. How is it that this has been a known problem at least since early this year and yet nothing has been done to fix it? When soloing why should I have to fight a mobs and bosses at melee distance just because the game wasn't balanced well enough? This only got more frustrating the stronger my character grew. Guess I won't be spending any more money on Bns until ridiculous problems like this are fixed. 

Archived