Mob Resetting

Dr SoulReaper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else have issues with mobs just randomly resetting and completely forgetting about you after you have damaged them? It's weird and idk what causes it... (I mean you'd think that since you have hit them would want to fight to the death or something). I sure hope I'm not the only one experiencing this phenomenon ._.

Odd that the reply shows it was posted before the original post.

Anyway, it happens sometimes rooted mobs, and doesn't mean the mob is leashing like it does when you pull it too far, although that happens too.   You have to run a good distance before leashing happens, and the root-bug can happen even if you don't move at all.

3 minutes ago, rocdog said:

Odd that the reply shows it was posted before the original post.

Anyway, it happens sometimes rooted mobs, and doesn't mean the mob is leashing like it does when you pull it too far, although that happens too.   You have to run a good distance before leashing happens, and the root-bug can happen even if you don't move at all.

Trying to beat mushing three triggered it for me... Idk if I can... *sigh* I'll try again when I have even better gear I Spose :/

I had one of the mini-bosses in Nightshade reset twice when I tried to fight her this evening.  Not a big deal, and managed to finish, but it was hugely annoying.

There also seems to be a bug with skills not activating.   Soulburn doesn't always work, and tonight I couldn't use regular V at all toward the end of a Blood Mane fight.

I theoretically soloed a terror with my warlock. I was fighting with a friend if warlock can be considered a sub tank or not, to prove it, i went to solo terror while he watched me be a tank. Anyway, i was hitting it and tanking, to be honest it was quite hard since it was my 1st time trying it but after good 10 minutes i decided to look at his HP bar. He had recived only 20k dmg after 10 minutes lolwut?? I told my friend to keep an eye on his HP and it reseted a lot of times during 2 hours of tanking it.

Things i tried and got reseted:

1: Lure it away from other enemies and then try to keep it in that place.

2: dont lure it, just hit it wherever he is and try to keep it there.

3: Wait till it starts walking near a wall and trap myself between the wall and terror to avoid getting pushed too far.

I dont know a lot aobut terrors/bw so i tought maybe is not a reset and he got a healing skill. So i asked my friend to see if he the terror heals after doing something specific but no. It was just random resets. Most of the time i was snaring him while attacking which might be why it didnt look like he was reseted to walk back to his original spot before attacking again like it happens with other bosses, or maybe since it have a path in the map, it doesnt need to walk to his original spot because any area within his path is considered his spot.

Anyway, after the math my friend told me i did around 5m+ dmg on the terror before my weapon got rekt.

i have the same problem the mob keep resetting if i root them and yet NCSOFT don't want to look into it and fix it they just did translate the class file and drop it in the game and i am sure 100% they did something wrong with the warlock file translation just to drop it in the game in time for the patch i did open a ticket and guess what they said 

Dillon Yesterday at 21:04

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us again. Upon checking your request, it is intended for monsters to have their HP Reset if they are bound by a certain skill and the said caster of the skill is out of their range. It is more like of an enemy recognizes that he is being attacked, but doesn't know the source of it being too far away and the system resets its HP instead. 

Regardless of that, I have forwarded this information to our Quality Assurance (QA) Team so that they can fully investigate the situation.

Please understand that we are unable to provide status updates on bug reports. This allows our team to focus on quickly addressing bug reports and other issues in the game, so that our players can experience the smoothest game play possible.

If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

really ...??? so as a warlock i have to mele the mobs or they reset what a joke 

(((  i didn't go out of range for those who want to ask like every warlock or forecmaster i keep few meter's between me and the mob when i use soul shackle so i don't get hit )))

On 3/15/2016 at 1:06 PM, Eckogen said:

You are dragging the mob too far away from it's origin point thus causing it to reset.

Had this happen during a field boss fight almost killed it and then it reseted its hp during battle i am like F  this shit and have not really fought it again because of the BS !

After getting a bit more gear on my Warlock I've noticed some inconsistencies with this bug...

Originally it was related to Soul Shackle for me, avoiding using it would help prevent resetting when playing solo, but it could still happen.

Now it has nothing to do with Soul Shackle, and certain enemies who would constantly reset, never do, and others now reset constantly.

For instance I ran Brightstone Solo, 4 times in a row yesterday as I needed the tears. The first boss, notorious for resetting, never did, no matter how I fought him.

Where as when I was running the NSH 24man, a specicific miniboss (in the northern blackram area, infront of crates, often calls you "scalleywags" forget her name) reset 5 times within seconds of damaging her.

I never leash bosses/enemies far from where they spawn, as in any game they'll often reset, and after a bit of testing, the resetting seems to have nothing to do with any specific ability used by the warlock either, mobs will often just de-aggro from a solo Warlock, it seems to be more related to the Mobs than Warlock itself. There's no specific thing I can do to prevent it from happening, and there's no specific thing I can do to cause it to happen.

Though it does happen noticeably less since I gained more gear, oddly, whether related or coincidence I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, KuroTeikokuNoRyuu said:

Where as when I was running the NSH 24man, a specicific miniboss (in the northern blackram area, infront of crates, often calls you "scalleywags" forget her name) reset 5 times within seconds of damaging her.

That is the same mini-boss I had reset on me a few times, as well.

Seems to be happening alot more since this update.  Its happened countless times while I was questing, no root or double s, just attacked with RMB or V and the mob would turn and look at me.....then reset.  I geared my warlock so much but this is way too annoying especially when a boss you're soloing is almost dead. Im thinking of just going for another class at this point. 

The mobs also seem to be resetting when your thrall despawns/dies. And before someone comes in with a snarky remark like you need to attack the mob, this happens at any HP. I have had mobs reset at <10% HP because my thrall despawned.

Force Master here having the exact same problem way too many times since the update. I used to have this problem exclusively in Supply Chain & Nightshade but now it happens pretty much everywhere in the new zones.

And I fight the mobs in the place they spawn at so it's not a problem of taking the mob too far away.

The only solution I found is to be in melee range... which defeats the purpose of playing FM and WL...

this is a major problem and it has nothing to do with the mob spawn point or rally point or where you think you drag them  ..

mobs are resetting right there on the spot and usually when i use Soul Shackle

its pretty damn annoying and i'm starting to give up hope for this game FeelsBadMan ..

EDIT : Distance from the mob doesn't matter also .. i usually play pretty close i'm NEVER in max range only on big bosses but we talking about simple mobs here ...

On 3/24/2016 at 6:12 PM, Beeboo77 said:

this is a major problem and it has nothing to do with the mob spawn point or rally point or where you think you drag them  ..

mobs are resetting right there on the spot and usually when i use Soul Shackle

its pretty damn annoying and i'm starting to give up hope for this game FeelsBadMan ..

EDIT : Distance from the mob doesn't matter also .. i usually play pretty close i'm NEVER in max range only on big bosses but we talking about simple mobs here ...

Its really out of hand.  It sucks because I really enjoy warlock and geared it but now I dont even want to play it anymore due to how often the mobs reset.  Its to the point now where Im not even gonna gear him anymore and just do dailies in silverfrost to save gold for Chi Master. 

I have the same problem with my Warlock and my Summoner. I am on 9-12m from the monster and i am hitting him, and the monster is aggro to me and in some time the HP and aggro of the monster is resting and i need to move closer to him like melee character to kill him. This is so annoying .

Mushin reset on me  total of 5 times got him to 10% and bam he runs back and resets, so damn annoying

Has for the ticket response that it is intended for locks to be in melee range is total BS, we are a ranged class.

If this isn't fixed soon, then I'll just move on to another game

There are several topics on this, nobody from NC is reading them at all apparently, since normally they'd be merged by now. This issue is affecting more than just Warlocks, FMs and Summoners. While more prevalent on ranged classes, I do also get quite a few resets on my melees, BM, BD, SIN. I sent a support ticket, and the super useful "GM Andrew" says everything is working as intended, it can't possibly happen when facetanking, and that we're simply morons that are trying to drag the mobs halfway across the map.

Archived