stilll time to go for pirate wep? worth it?

Minity SN

Hello everyone,

With the upcoming March 2nd patch and the questions that were answered by the developers in their Livestream and AMA, here is what you need to know about your equipment going forward ----

Weapon -- You NEED to get this to True Pirate Stage 10. This should be your FIRST priority. Once the level 50 patch hits, the weapons will be switched over to a new path that requires new resources that we do not currently have and it will be more expensive overall. If you have True Pirate Stage 10, however, your weapon will be automatically converted pretty high up the new path.

Accessories - Earring, Ring, Necklace will continue to be upgraded after the 50 patch. You can now view the upgrade path by shift-clicking under preview for the items and you will see that they are still being upgraded into the 50 patch.

Belt - The belt you want is the purple Siren Belt. This will continue to be upgraded long past the level 50 patch and is the current Mainpath belt.

Bracelet - The bracelet you want is the Pirate Bracelet. This will continue to be upgraded long past the level 50 patch and is the current Mainpath bracelet.

In other words ---

Weapon first but upgrade all of your gear to max once you have the Pirate Bracelet/Siren Belt.

Keeping weapon to Awakened Pirate is good enough for those who do not have time/money to get to true. When the new weapon line comes out for level 50, you still have to hit true pirate and then to true breeze. So, you'll be safe.

For those that are still around profane/siren, here's what you'll be dealing with:

From True profane to oathbreaker:

1aea15cbe6f40ac3dc545801f367e675.png

3 Silverfrost Evolution Stones + 50 SS

Now, if you got your weapon from Oathbreaker all the way to Awakened breeze, here's how it might look when going to True breeze:

db3c60773817fc5219ea07f43f062221.png

12 Silverfrost transformation stones

90 Moonstones

280 Soulstones

240 Stingers (Frozen Venom Darts)

7 Naryu Tablets

47g (without discount)

Now if you have true pirate before the new weapon line comes out, it's a bit better:

b0111ef20b365d23a892cd5715de75bf.png

10 Silverfrost Transformation stones

70 Moonstones

220 Soulstones

190 Stingers (Frozen Venom Darts)

7 Naryu Tablets

38g (Without discount)

You'd save up a lot if you can get your current weapon up to at least Awakened Pirate, then you can focus on accessories from here on as nothing changes much here.

4 hours ago, Abrax said:

I see a lot of posts on this forum and reddit that you shall upgrade your weapon to at least awakende pirate before the next patch hits. A lot of those people do not have any clue about the economy in this game. The gold right now will be inflated with every new patch. I can say you this:

DO NOT upgrade to awakened pirate unless you are rich now (with rich I mean 100+ Gold which you can spend without hestitation and regrets). So why not, like in another post I mentioned:

For the new content people will need mats from new Area. Additionally this area will reward you a lot more gold than now+SS are farmable. Therefore this will 99,99% happen

- MTS will get cheaper, no real value anymore, like the Viridian Transformation stones

- SS will likely have no value anymore

If you are a casual player (1-2 hours with 5-10 gold/day) the best decision now you can make is just to upgrade your weapon to awakened siren. Sell all you SS before patch. Then wait for the patch and when MTS and SS is cheap upgrade to True Siren.

Why not going pirate weapon right now? If you are rich and do not worry about your gold then go for the pirate path. For those people the cost for pirate weapon is what 1 silver is  for a casual player. 

If you are not rich and went pirate anyway, you will be at the same position in the lvl 50 patch as you were before the pirate patch: Grinding everything all over again just to get the next stage of your weapon!

Think of this: Let"s assume that a normal player plays 1hour per day. Also he makes 6 Gold per day in our lvl 45 patch-> can affort 1 MTS (costs now 5.95 Gold)

With new patch the same player gets more gold but at the same time the new Stones (Silverfroststones) will also have a high price.

E.g. in patch lvl 50 he earns with the same amount of time spending per day 24 Gold-> he can either buy several MTS stones per day

That means when you have awakened siren in patch 50 you can easily upgrade your weapon with less effort. With this saved money you can invest in other things to make even more money. And when you reached a point where gold for you is just like some coppers than just buy the legendary weapon.

Short: If you are casual (1-2 hour and 5-10 Gold per day, about max. 100 Gold in your bank), do not upgrade to pirate, it"s not time efficient! Safe way is just upgrade to Awakened Siren and buy Attack Power +25 Diamond.

From somone who had to learn it the hard way

Ok you've no clue what you're talking about.

Currently we can go up to pirate weapon which allows us get higher version of new weapon like 2 steps ahead. And pirate path will vanish which means everyone who does not upgrade to pirate will have to upgrade their weapons with new materials while those who have pirate weapons can skip few steps for cheaper

http://oi66.tinypic.com/1zco0wg.jpg

While we dont have exact data what materials we need for new stuff but this is fact. Everythin thats new will be lot more expensive than what their counterparts are now

4 minutes ago, Jem said:

*snip*

Very useful info, thanks.

Now here's something I gotta calculate: how many MTS, Soulstones, Naryu Silver, gold and whatever else total I'll need to go straight from True Profane to Awakened Pirate before we get the update that will/might change the weapon upgrade lines.

There's also the matter of alts I can make who will likely be 45 only after we get the update. Either way, it all sounds very... demotivating...

2 minutes ago, WayOfTheBacon said:

I'm just curious, will I be able to progress a stage5 Awakened siren gear to breeze gear when the 50patch hits NA?......im pretty sure one of my accessories will be stuck at stage5...since I only make 2-3 gold per day. T.T 

Yes, no matter where you are in weapons, it will go to breeze. Just that pirate will be at the stage quicker than siren or profane.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Very useful info, thanks.

Now here's something I gotta calculate: how many MTS, Soulstones, Naryu Silver, gold and whatever else total I'll need to go straight from True Profane to Awakened Pirate before we get the update that will/might change the weapon upgrade lines.

There's also the matter of alts I can make who will likely be 45 only after we get the update. Either way, it all sounds very... demotivating...

@Tsuchiryu Here's what you'll need to get to Awakened Pirate

Mats:

• 70g
  • 18 mts
  • 410 ss
  • 30 silver
  • 60 perfumes
  • 21 hae mujin orbs

Weapons:

• Storm Siren
  • Brightstone
  • Siren
  • Misty Woods Cold Iron
  • Dark Pirate

(This doesn't include weapon offering fees either... Cheapest fodder I can recommend would be Infernal weapons but those take a while to get. A lot cheaper than Cold Iron Offering though.)

1 hour ago, naii said:

@Tsuchiryu Here's what you'll need to get to Awakened Pirate

Mats:

• 70g
  • 18 mts
  • 410 ss
  • 30 silver
  • 60 perfumes
  • 21 hae mujin orbs

Weapons:

• Storm Siren
  • Brightstone
  • Siren
  • Misty Woods Cold Iron
  • Dark Pirate

(This doesn't include weapon offering fees either... Cheapest fodder I can recommend would be Infernal weapons but those take a while to get. A lot cheaper than Cold Iron Offering though.)

Appreciate the tips. Aside from Soulstones, some of which I can buy, I think Perfumes are what're gonna give me the most trouble to get. Regardless of what I end up doing, it's nice to have a clearer idea of what's up ahead. Maybe Siren and Cold Iron too, but we'll see about those.

3 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Currently we can go up to pirate weapon which allows us get higher version of new weapon like 2 steps ahead. And pirate path will vanish which means everyone who does not upgrade to pirate will have to upgrade their weapons with new materials while those who have pirate weapons can skip few steps for cheaper

I seriously hope NCsoft makes weapon upgrade progression a branch type of thing with the new progression added to it instead of purging the old one altogether. Seems like the fairest choice, all things considered. I mean, they went through the trouble of bringing up extra endgame dungeons while we don't get Act IV, it would be really sucky to make these stages too obsolete/pointless.

Don't know why people are overthinking this. Just upgrade your weapon regardless. Aside from upgrading your weps/acc, is there really anything else you need gold for? Gems? Chances are you most likely have them already.

I'd rather upgrade it now and find out after the patch that it is cheaper, and I can say to myself "Shit happens, at least I got a head start" than regret not upgrading at all. It's the same for every MMOs out there, actually it's an easier choise in BnS, other games you can buy expensive azz mounts and houses, in BnS, you just focus on your char. There really is no downside to upgrading now. 

Is there any clue at all as to when we might get the level 50 content?

Because I'm probably considered more of a casual player, and the amount of mats I'll need just to get my FM from Awakened Siren to Awakened Pirate sounds...not great, but I have my WL to worry about too, who's currently stuck on Hujikar until I can get a moonwater key.

17 hours ago, rocdog said:

Not even.  It's way easier to level and gear in Aion now than it was at release.

That's what you would expect from a 8 year old game... Really great example. /s (no, not really)

worth of upgrading will prolly depend on worth of ur char.

if its a dead set main character that u wont be swapping from and will be keeping with, its always worth upgrading, u may aswell be at the peak of the game for its new content, not only will u find content easier to solo but u will kill faster and be closer to the goal ur set with the content.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

My guess is it will be sometime after Daily Dash event ends.

But daily dash is now a repeating cycle, can't tell when it ends!

My guess is next week, when the WL leveling event ends.

They did say they were going to 'agressively' release content

I made a summoner for the WL leveling event and temptation costume, and it is awakened pirate already...

1x Honorary to getting my soul...

I've seen many others that did not make a new character get the soul in a week, now getting extremely bored grinding the same few dungeons and dailies.

I don't think they can hold off the next update for long.

1 hour ago, SeroZeroes said:

But daily dash is now a repeating cycle, can't tell when it ends!

You can. It says in-game it ends in early April if you actually pay attention to the Daily Dash window. April 6th IIRC. Then they'll probably revamp Daily Dash again, if there's another after that date.

Archived