stilll time to go for pirate wep? worth it?

Minity SN

im at 60gold and awakened siren dagger. I just wonder if there is still time to go for pirate now and if it makes sense, or if I should keep my gold. I heard that soulstones prices will drop with lvl50 content, so moon transform stones should get cheaper? With 390AP i can solo brightstone ruins so 1.6 gold each run, I dont see why I would need more AP now. Is it maybe better to stack the gold for the future content?

when you stay siren now, you will not be able to upgrade to pirate, and continiue with the more expensive silverfrost path.

about soulstones, i think it makes more sense that they will rise.

its cheaper to go pirate and i think you have more than enough time to achieve it :p

as soon as the 50 patch comes and we get the Breeze . you wont be able to get it as cheap as the rest of us.. you will have to work harder .. a lot harder.

I finished my true pirate.. now I get to relax. finally.

The current path is profane -> siren -> pirate with their respective awakened and true versions. Each stage in this process will be upgradeable to the associated weapon stage in the new upgrade path (which will be more expensive over all). So upgrading as far as you can right now will make you pay a bit less money in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Minity SN said:

im at 60gold and awakened siren dagger. I just wonder if there is still time to go for pirate now and if it makes sense, or if I should keep my gold. I heard that soulstones prices will drop with lvl50 content, so moon transform stones should get cheaper? With 390AP i can solo brightstone ruins so 1.6 gold each run, I dont see why I would need more AP now. Is it maybe better to stack the gold for the future content?

in 50lvl content and above there will be more ways to get SS(pretty obvious imo), and i read that there is a repeatable quest and you can do it as many times as you want, and it always gives SS as reward. since it will be easier to get SS and people will do the repeatable quest, i'd say prices will dramatically drop

2 hours ago, Ginki said:

in 50lvl content and above there will be more ways to get SS(pretty obvious imo), and i read that there is a repeatable quest and you can do it as many times as you want, and it always gives SS as reward. since it will be easier to get SS and people will do the repeatable quest, i'd say prices will dramatically drop

unlimited repeatable SS quest you say? Ok, time to make bot account to farm this quest lel

I see a lot of posts on this forum and reddit that you shall upgrade your weapon to at least awakende pirate before the next patch hits. A lot of those people do not have any clue about the economy in this game. The gold right now will be inflated with every new patch. I can say you this:

DO NOT upgrade to awakened pirate unless you are rich now (with rich I mean 100+ Gold which you can spend without hestitation and regrets). So why not, like in another post I mentioned:

For the new content people will need mats from new Area. Additionally this area will reward you a lot more gold than now+SS are farmable. Therefore this will 99,99% happen

- MTS will get cheaper, no real value anymore, like the Viridian Transformation stones

- SS will likely have no value anymore

If you are a casual player (1-2 hours with 5-10 gold/day) the best decision now you can make is just to upgrade your weapon to awakened siren. Sell all you SS before patch. Then wait for the patch and when MTS and SS is cheap upgrade to True Siren.

Why not going pirate weapon right now? If you are rich and do not worry about your gold then go for the pirate path. For those people the cost for pirate weapon is what 1 silver is  for a casual player. 

If you are not rich and went pirate anyway, you will be at the same position in the lvl 50 patch as you were before the pirate patch: Grinding everything all over again just to get the next stage of your weapon!

Think of this: Let"s assume that a normal player plays 1hour per day. Also he makes 6 Gold per day in our lvl 45 patch-> can affort 1 MTS (costs now 5.95 Gold)

With new patch the same player gets more gold but at the same time the new Stones (Silverfroststones) will also have a high price.

E.g. in patch lvl 50 he earns with the same amount of time spending per day 24 Gold-> he can either buy several MTS stones per day

That means when you have awakened siren in patch 50 you can easily upgrade your weapon with less effort. With this saved money you can invest in other things to make even more money. And when you reached a point where gold for you is just like some coppers than just buy the legendary weapon.

Short: If you are casual (1-2 hour and 5-10 Gold per day, about max. 100 Gold in your bank), do not upgrade to pirate, it"s not time efficient! Safe way is just upgrade to Awakened Siren and buy Attack Power +25 Diamond.

From somone who had to learn it the hard way

Well, I have now saving 40 gold with my two 45 sin and warlock and trying to save as much as I can right now for the lvl50 patch, but i still hesitate for upgrade to true siren razor and dagger on my characters.

I see a lot of people saying that the new upgrade path will be more expensive, but that is based on the data for other versions. Here it could be more expensive, or cheaper, or about the same.

Actually, there is no way to know if it is worth it to upgrade or not, we simply dont have the data. So I would say, upgrade if you have nothing else to do. If you think you can do it in a reasonable time, go for it. Else, I wouldnt rush for it.

Except that most people here forget (or simply don't know) that the new path will require tons of mats from the new content. Some of them - hundreds. And some of them - non tradable. And some of them - drop from lvl 50 new dungeons where you will have to bid with others (and still need hundreds of them). And the breakthrough weapons are all from the new content so get ready to make hundreds of runs there too. And I wish you good luck finding groups for the 50 content with 350-370 AP considering that the majority even now don't want you in *cricket* poor easy dungeons like BSH with less than 400. And that you will need more from the new Silverfrost trans stones than if you were already on Pirate, and they will be quite expensive for weeks (months?). Remember the MTS when they were still new? But yea, sure... Have fun with Profane/Awakened Siren when the 50 patch hits.

You can't go by material inputs required or costs in other regions.  They weren't the same for us for our current gear, and they probably won't be the same for upgrades we don't have yet.   Most times when people link evolution charts, they're from other regions and not valid for NA/EU.

They're not going to penalize new players for starting to play the game, and make it hard for them to catch up.   Upgrade now or stockpile mats and do it later.   Anyway, a couple of weeks after we get 50 patch you'll be caught up, as long as you keep running new content.

2 minutes ago, rocdog said:

You can't go by material inputs required or costs in other regions.  They weren't the same for us for our current gear, and they probably won't be the same for upgrades we don't have yet.   Most times when people link evolution charts, they're from other regions and not valid for NA/EU.

Um, yea. The charts were pretty accurate so far. One thing you're right tho. The prices were obviously not the same. It was more expensive on EU/NA since we don't have steady economy running for years. So my bet goes to prices being higher here than on the asian servers on release.

2 minutes ago, rocdog said:

They're not going to penalize new players for starting to play the game, and make it hard for them to catch up.

My guess is that this is your first NCSoft game?

46 minutes ago, Draka said:

Um, yea. The charts were pretty accurate so far. One thing you're right tho. The prices were obviously not the same. It was more expensive on EU/NA since we don't have steady economy running for years. So my bet goes to prices being higher here than on the asian servers on release.

My guess is that this is your first NCSoft game?

Not even.  It's way easier to level and gear in Aion now than it was at release.

2 hours ago, Abrax said:

Short: If you are casual (1-2 hour and 5-10 Gold per day, about max. 100 Gold in your bank), do not upgrade to pirate, it"s not time efficient! Safe way is just upgrade to Awakened Siren and buy Attack Power +25 Diamond.

aahhh, tytyty! I'm squarely in the 2-3 hour a day boat and just got to lvl 45 + Mushin Tower. So I know the 'story' gets a bit more lax and now it's farmin time. Hopefully my Profane->Siren makes my limited time with this endgame content fun, and thanks to your post I won't stress about going all the way to pirate so soon.

Just now, jigawatt said:

aahhh, tytyty! I'm squarely in the 2-3 hour a day boat and just got to lvl 45 + Mushin Tower. So I know the 'story' gets a bit more lax and now it's farmin time. Hopefully my Profane->Siren makes my limited time with this endgame content fun, and thanks to your post I won't stress about going all the way to pirate so soon.

True Profane weapon with 25 Attack Power Diamond and Awakened Infernal accessories are good enough for every current content other than Naryu Labyrinth, I can assure you that much as someone who recently got to the current endgame.

Upgrade, everything new will be expensive no matter what period. Why? Hype and demand, so sellers will hold out to sell only for high prices. It's not hard to understand how new content can affect a game. Specially when it's a clear path to better shit all around.

4 hours ago, Abrax said:

I see a lot of posts on this forum and reddit that you shall upgrade your weapon to at least awakende pirate before the next patch hits. A lot of those people do not have any clue about the economy in this game. The gold right now will be inflated with every new patch. I can say you this:

DO NOT upgrade to awakened pirate unless you are rich now (with rich I mean 100+ Gold which you can spend without hestitation and regrets). So why not, like in another post I mentioned:

For the new content people will need mats from new Area. Additionally this area will reward you a lot more gold than now+SS are farmable. Therefore this will 99,99% happen

- MTS will get cheaper, no real value anymore, like the Viridian Transformation stones

- SS will likely have no value anymore

If you are a casual player (1-2 hours with 5-10 gold/day) the best decision now you can make is just to upgrade your weapon to awakened siren. Sell all you SS before patch. Then wait for the patch and when MTS and SS is cheap upgrade to True Siren.

Why not going pirate weapon right now? If you are rich and do not worry about your gold then go for the pirate path. For those people the cost for pirate weapon is what 1 silver is  for a casual player. 

If you are not rich and went pirate anyway, you will be at the same position in the lvl 50 patch as you were before the pirate patch: Grinding everything all over again just to get the next stage of your weapon!

Think of this: Let"s assume that a normal player plays 1hour per day. Also he makes 6 Gold per day in our lvl 45 patch-> can affort 1 MTS (costs now 5.95 Gold)

With new patch the same player gets more gold but at the same time the new Stones (Silverfroststones) will also have a high price.

E.g. in patch lvl 50 he earns with the same amount of time spending per day 24 Gold-> he can either buy several MTS stones per day

That means when you have awakened siren in patch 50 you can easily upgrade your weapon with less effort. With this saved money you can invest in other things to make even more money. And when you reached a point where gold for you is just like some coppers than just buy the legendary weapon.

Does the change in upgrade path also apply to accessories? just stay siren and wait for 50 patch?

Archived