BD at lvl 50 continent PvE

Spyroxion

I'm sorry to break this to you, but in KR meta right now, BD is the least valued class in terms of end game PvE content. Here's why.

You're not a tank, but a DPS with some party utility. The problem is, that the role of DPS is dominated by classes with higher potential DPS than BD. People want Summoners as their main DPS because not only will they outdamage BD, they will also bring more party utility also. Force Masters will out DPS you, and so will Assassins. You could end up taking a DPS spot, but your party will lose DPS by having you.

Like I said you're not a tank, so you can't fill that role either.

Your main niche as a BD in parties is supporting through utility, using your grab. Unfortunately, people prefer Destroyers for this role, leaving you as the second option for the only thing you're good at.

This is the price you pay, I guess, for being strong now.

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotBronx said:

Your main niche as a BD in parties is supporting through utility, using your grab. Unfortunately, people prefer Destroyers for this role, leaving you as the second option for the only thing you're good at.

Nothing you said is incorrect, but: Nobody will kick him out of the party. They'd prefer a destroyer since they bring very similar utility, but if a BD joins nobody will kick him out afaik. You let them sound completely useless, which is by no means the case. They are a utility dps hybrid, it's just that they are neither top dps and nor top utility, but "ok" at both. 

I never said they would kick him either.

The point I'm trying to make, is that if his focus is to primarily excel at PvE content, then maybe BD isn't what you wanna invest all your time into.

He could use this time pre-50 to level and gear up a different class, that would better suit his needs.

50 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotBronx said:

I'm sorry to break this to you, but in KR meta right now, BD is the least valued class in terms of end game PvE content. Here's why.

You're not a tank, but a DPS with some party utility. The problem is, that the role of DPS is dominated by classes with higher potential DPS than BD. People want Summoners as their main DPS because not only will they outdamage BD, they will also bring more party utility also. Force Masters will out DPS you, and so will Assassins. You could end up taking a DPS spot, but your party will lose DPS by having you.

Like I said you're not a tank, so you can't fill that role either.

This is the price you pay, I guess, for being strong now.

Wow cool, then why haven't they just deleted BD yet?

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotBronx said:

I never said they would kick him either.

The point I'm trying to make, is that if his focus is to primarily excel at PvE content, then maybe BD isn't what you wanna invest all your time into.

He could use this time pre-50 to level and gear up a different class, that would better suit his needs.

I feel like you're thinking about this wrong. If BD is the class he most enjoys, as long as nobody is kicking BD's from parties, why should he invest in another character?

Personally, I love playing BD. It is my favorite class BY FAR. While other classes may have higher DPS given equal gear and skill, I've never heard any complaints about my DPS or the utility that I bring so I have no interest in maining any other class.

People tend to overlook the "fun" factor that is inherent in playing a class. Sin may have very high DPS, but if I don't enjoy playing it that much, what motivation do I have in learning to play the class effectively? My BD DPS is probably higher than some Sin who only picked up the class because they heard it was strong and can't even say definitively if they like the class or not.

I see what you're saying, but my point is this.

It happens in many games that have some sort of PvE meta in place. Not all classes will be optimal for taking up a party spot, in regards to end game content.

Can you participate and contribute to the party? Sure. I never said you couldn't.

BD just happens to get the short end of the stick, as far as PvE goes at 50 patch. 

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, Spyroxion said:

Ehh guess I should quit this game now or what... Got Bm to true pirate weap awk siren accs but realised it's sht. Now got BD and it's gonna be sht in future... Great

BD isn't shit... its Just not the best option. no class is top forever, but BD isn't going to be the bottom either, aslong as u have friends, ur good at ur class you'll always find a group no matter what class you play..

Archived