Forums

Why so much hate for bots I dont get it?

Devinator00

They make arena garbage. They take up spots where competent players could be in dungeons and group pvp making the run more difficult and allowing players who use them to obtain currency and items from runs in which they put in zero efforts. They take up mobs that real players could otherwise be killing themselves.

Lastly, they are annoying to see running around in the same generic things in their same patterns teleporting all over the place. The first reasons are the most important though.

It takes away the pvp... and the work you need to pull to even get at gold in rank... if you are a lucky cookie .. you get to fight only bots.. and I'm sry but if I wanted to play against a PCU / BOT .. I can go and do that in single player games... if I join the arena . I want to test myself vs other people / players.

Bots farm 24/7  and they only farm and don't hurt you ? well . this is simple to what they destroy and that would be the economy, they farm so much that they get more drops so they have to drop the price so they can sell.. since they dont spend time farming like you and me.. they dont care about the price.

And this has a huge effect vs the economy in crafting ... some crafts are destroyed because some parts are far to cheap to even make and some parts are far to expensive ... and it hurts and stings like hell.

Bots in instances .. you really want to go there ? I mean . do you really want to go there ? let's just stop...  and let me leave you with this image.. you go with the cross-servers.. and jump in a bot party for like 4 times in a row...  I would be PISSED. and a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Bhindu said:

The salt...

Anyway. They destroy the games economy and put a huge strain on the servers, just to name two major problems alone. Having AI Players in a videogame is just bad, bad, badbadbad.

I dont think its that bad and if it is then just stop buying their gold and they should go away. I dont think the problem is as complicated as you guys are making it seem. The solution is simple. If people do NOT buy their product, they will soon run out of money.

No need to be so rude. Perhaps he's new to bots. There are primary effects and secondary effects.

Primary effects are e.g. that you get only 1 essence from open world bosses for wheels of fate as you have like 15 bots bashing the boss (number of essences are based on the damage you do). Node farming bots block ores/wells and you won't be able to gather the nodes they sit on (or rather: below underground). You also have afk bots in dungeons, leeching and not contributing to get the dungeon done.

Secondary effects are e.g. new players usually get a small chance to make some gold at all by selling sub-lvl45 stuff. E.g. a new lvl 25 can sell wheel of fate essences to lvl45s or their alts. This is now completely in the hands of the bots. Or as mentioned, the rapid inflation of soulstones. At first sight, cheaper soulstones are nice. But as secondary effect, you transfer your gold to the gold seller who now has higher moneypower. Now they can offer their gold cheaper as the soulstone market is rolling. This means, the gold selling and buying is much more attractive (the price already dropped from 1€ for 1g to 0.6€ for 1g). This is shifting the whole game into a RMT game; you either buy your way in or you're left behind.

There are much more primary and secondary effects, but I only listed a few.

1. They accelerate the devaluation of gold and other resources by farming too much.

2. Hordes of them cause server strain and therefore lags to legitimate users.
3. They cause annoyance on chats.

4. They deny resources to legit users like quartz, etc.

5. They render other people's effort useless. Like people frequenting arena for soulstones to sell them -- now they sell them for way less.

Don't get bothered by the IP check... if you did nothing wrong, you have no reason to worry...

4 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

I dont think its that bad and if it is then just stop buying their gold and they should go away. I dont think the problem is as complicated as you guys are making it seem. The solution is simple. If people do NOT buy their product, they will soon run out of money.

That's exactly it. There is no shortage of money for them. It all comes flooding back to their pockets so they can manipulate the market further. For the gullible or ignorant players this means the bots owner(s) get paid REAL money in exchange for selling their vast quantities of gold.

33 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

What exactly are they doing that effects your game play so badly? From my experience the only thing bots do is farm stuff for gold and then sell it? How exactly does this effect you the player?

read my reply .. and also . what lvl are you ?   if you are not lvl 45. this might be the reason you asked this question.. or either you just spend 1h in the game..and just don't feel the bots like other people do.

36 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

What exactly are they doing that effects your game play so badly? From my experience the only thing bots do is farm stuff for gold and then sell it? How exactly does this effect you the player?

bot's have dropped the price of soulstones from 40s to 12s in two weeks or so all because they are spamming arena and faction dailys. they effect the game play and one of the ways to make money fast for legit players so yes they do effect the game badly by crashing the market for certain items.

37 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

i  dono about you but the bots are harassing me aggressively with friend requests / mails / and whispers ever 10-20 min across all my account and alts

thats enough reason to not just hate bots but hate the game itself, i'm getting tired of this personal spam and i'm playing less and less evryday now  

I love the bots, it adds comedic relief whenever you see that train strolling around! But on the more serious note, I feel more hate for the players funding the bots then the actual bots. They're the real issue, creating imbalances; inflating the economy and boasting high stats but low actual gameplay skills.

bots gathering materials block players from doing it 

bots spamming ruins the chat

bots farming lower the general markets' prices. now it is nice, later we can regret it.

bots in arena ruins it

i dont know, what blocks me from creating a new account and use a bot at thjis point?

The arena changed to half pve and pvp now.

From bronze to gold, you fight 3 tiers of bots

1. Bronze to silver, silly des bots that rush at you spinning without buffs, hoping to stun and ani-cancel you
  2. Silver to mid-tier gold, better des bots that spin to prevent your rush, buffs and try to cc and ani-cancel you, recovering instantly from cc's etc.
  3. Mid-tier gold to early plat, powerful des bots that fury+whirlwind or buffed ani-cancel, knows aerial combos, grapples you whenever they can to regenerate HP.

After that, you enter plat and only fight real players. You just don't find idiots around bronze and silver to feed on anymore.

Everyone gets the wanted rank in 1v1, switches to Tag Match for pvp fun and beans. (although annoying afks to drop ranks are there).

Looking for a REAL challenge? beat the arena PVE made by bots, reach plat, and challenge the real players for diamond.

2 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

Odhc7AH.jpg

i never have any problems with bots, so far for me at least they :

- make things cheaper in marketplace

- make killing world boss faster

- free zenbean from arena

bots is not the real problem. why ban them ? the real problem is those that exploit 1 or 2 dungeon door, those player need to be banned permanently

5 minutes ago, chinmi said:

Odhc7AH.jpg

i never have any problems with bots, so far for me at least they :

- make things cheaper in marketplace

- make killing world boss faster

- free zenbean from arena

bots is not the real problem. why ban them ? the real problem is those that exploit 1 or 2 dungeon door, those player need to be banned permanently

which is the difference between a 4men-bot who farm tears and sell them to 80s

and

a glitcher assassin that exploitED ogong to farm tears to sell them to 80s

??

if you dont see any there is a kind a problem

if u only see one there is another kind of problem

if both are a problem there is a different mentality

3 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

Whoa the question, i bet you're one of the player who keep  followed those bot farming the terror / bw ?

2 hours ago, MrPanCakeZ said:

i  dono about you but the bots are harassing me aggressively with friend requests / mails / and whispers ever 10-20 min across all my account and alts

thats enough reason to not just hate bots but hate the game itself, i'm getting tired of this personal spam and i'm playing less and less evryday now  

This is me, I'm sick of it.  I have never seen a game more plagued by bots and gold sellers then this game.  What doesn't help is the game does not have mechanics in place that many other games have that help you to deal with it.  Such as being able to kick someone from the party with a majority vote (such as 3 of 5 or 4 of 6 agreeing to the kick).  Also no ability to block friend requests or whispers all together, features i have seen in other MMO's I have played which to me should be standard.  This of course is the Korean developers fault not NCsoft.

Because we are missing basic ways to deal with the issue ourselves and the game developers don't seem to care to fix the issue I have no desire to pay real money for premium service or any service for that matter.  I was originally planning to pay for premium service again when my founders pack stuff was used up but on principal I can't support a game that allows rampant misuse in these ways.  The way i see it if I'm going to pay out money for a game on a monthly basis I'll go back to WoW which I haven't played for 9-10 years.  That or one of the other 50 billion free to play MMO's out there that can help me kill time.

There are a lot of features about this game I like and I have been able to lover look the occasional bot and gold spam in other games because it wasn't so prevalent and in your face and there were features that helped your to filter it if you didn't want to deal with it.  I'll probably still play this game off and on if I get an itch to farm soulstones since it's turned into the classic korean game grind fest to get mats and cash to upgrade stuff but otherwise there not getting any more of my money.

Let me tell you a story.

About 14 years ago i played "Final Fantasy XI", very demanding game (at release), you could not level past 50 without friends. There was quite hard chain of quests to test if you are worthy of endgame. Some demanded well prepared group, some required you solo quite hard boss. Items were very expensive to get dropped only from world bosses, some creafted with insane materials.

And there was haubegon armor that was considered best choice for most non magical classes. Luckily i played redmage, did not need it really that bad. But my friend played warrior, that armor was required for his class or nobody will do any party with him. So he was farming some bees forever, like 9 months day after day for few hours to collect money to get that armor. It was fastest spot to get some money solo. Every time he was about to buy that armor, price of it increased.

Guess why? Because some lazy people (or not wanting to farm for 9 months) were buying gold. And price of everything increased. He could not catch up, and he was very stuborn to not buy gold. Then finally he had gold for that armor, but he was very unlucky. Over night price of about everything doubled. This time because goldsellers found out way to dupe gold. They lowered prices of gold, everybody bought it and rushed to auction.

It is not all (yet). When goldsellers found out that dupe, they started buying all valuable items from market for that duped gold. Then they posted those items for double the price, and started selling gold for half of price. Made everybodys savings worth half. This is what FED does in us, it is not good for anybody.

I take it that you don't play arena... at all? If you do, you will be kinda pissed if you play more than half the time against bots until 1800-1900. Then you will play... against bots a bit less. My personal record is 20 consecutive games - 12 vs bots. Best. PvP. Ever?

Alrite, you may not care about PvP at all. In which case you should be pissed even more. Why do you think they're infesting the arena? To get soulstones. Which later they sell on the market. And whether you know it or not - you are buying soulstones mostly from bots. Which destroys the economy since they keep bringing more and more, lowering the price so legit players farming them can't make enough money. An individual player personal soulstone stash can't compare to a hundred bots running arena 24/7, I hope you realize the detrimental effect. Considering you need over a thousand soulstones even at this stage of the game, you are forced to buy some if not most from the market. Thus you're giving gold to bots.

So to sum it up - they destroy(ed) arena PvP to the point where Platinum looks like Bronze and they destroyed the economy by bringing huge amount of soulstones to the market, undercutting the prices and whether you know it or not, like it or not - you are buying mostly from bots.

Archived