Well, this is the best MMO ever!

xXZanza

Like, yea, it is my opinion, but i love this game! I adore it! The graphics are gorgeous. the prologue was entertaining as hell. The gameplay is smooth and all. I don't know, i just find this game amazing. Maybe because i'm unexperienced with MMo's, last one i played was Tera, but dear god. ; -;

The character creation is so much fun! I created Megumi Shimizu from Shiki and she looks just like her! <3 Except for the hair. But yes.

Thanks for such an amazing game!

Don't know if i should be posting this, lol

Aesthetics-wise, yeah this game is pretty remarkable when you consider this was made back in 2009 and it still beats current Wuxia-themed MMOs in terms of graphics *cough ASTA *cough*. The combat system also predating most real time action MMOs like Vindictus and Skyforge is also nothing to scoff about.

IMO, if your martial arts MMORPG ain't up to par with BnS, then DON'T BOTHER even making it. The same could be said pirate games nowadays. I simply don't bother with them unless they can top AC: Black Flag.

Don't worry the fun goes away pretty quick... 3 lvl 45's later I already quit I'll be back for 50 patch and unfortunately forum lurking is more entertaining atm... Doing the same boring stuff everyday is stale af if only we had battlegrounds or decent pvp *cough cough* not botrena

3 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

Welcome to the game.The game is great despite the flaws that are happening atm the bots ect.Im enjoying every minute of it too

Thank you! ; w; And yea, i read about it. I haven't gotten that far ahead yet, so i don't really know the magnitude of the issue. I hope its fixed soon, though! 

3 hours ago, Yahni said:

Character creation and visuals have to be my favorite part about the game too :) Everything is so pretty and smooth. 

And why not? Post what you want, lol. 

Yes! It's gorgeous. The game just feels freshly developed because of it.

Lol, i got used to the forum from Smite where they are so picky. Like literally, if i made this post there, they'd *cricket* at me saying i'm making a blog post about ME.

2 hours ago, qpoljanan said:

Aesthetics-wise, yeah this game is pretty remarkable when you consider this was made back in 2009 and it still beats current Wuxia-themed MMOs in terms of graphics *cough ASTA *cough*. The combat system also predating most real time action MMOs like Vindictus and Skyforge is also nothing to scoff about.

IMO, if your martial arts MMORPG ain't up to par with BnS, then DON'T BOTHER even making it. The same could be said pirate games nowadays. I simply don't bother with them unless they can top AC: Black Flag.

Yush! All the yush on this post. I didn't even know the game was from 2009, by the looks, i thought it was brand new. Then i check wikipedia. Holy hell.

1 hour ago, KaOs514 said:

Don't worry the fun goes away pretty quick... 3 lvl 45's later I already quit I'll be back for 50 patch and unfortunately forum lurking is more entertaining atm... Doing the same boring stuff everyday is stale af if only we had battlegrounds or decent pvp *cough cough* not botrena

Well, i'll try to keep the fun around. But not sure if i'll manage. If there is such a huge bot problem. ; -;

10 hours ago, Celestine said:

Agreed. The game is amazing.

However, the publishing, server hosting, community handling and monetarization is the worst.

; o; Thats too bad.

10 hours ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Glad you like it! Not all bad. And as to some followup comments, do not let others decide for you whether you enjoy something or not.:)

Michelle

Thank you! Don't worry, i wont. . w. But we'll see how i'll enjoy the game at the end. x3 So far so  good! <3

12 hours ago, KaOs514 said:

Perspective of a PvPer. Do not expect everyone else to share it. I couldn't care less for PvP. I only have to at some point because of Soulstones and Zen Beans.

Best gameplay and thematics of any MMO I've played; I'm an anime nerd.  I like how it's 1v1 PvP focused as well since I have no interest in coordinating lives with 2-4 other people for team based PvP, or 20 other people for raids. 

Not really as feature complete and well built as some other MMO's, though.  Poorly optimized and laggy, which is made exponentially worse by how twitch/reaction based this game is compared to other MMO's. 

On 15/3/2016 at 9:03 PM, xXZanza said:

Like, yea, it is my opinion, but i love this game! I adore it! The graphics are gorgeous. the prologue was entertaining as hell. The gameplay is smooth and all. I don't know, i just find this game amazing. Maybe because i'm unexperienced with MMo's, last one i played was Tera, but dear god. ; -;

The character creation is so much fun! I created Megumi Shimizu from Shiki and she looks just like her! <3 Except for the hair. But yes.

Thanks for sharing this. It is a refreshing breath of air in an otherwise, and at times, stale forum.

I agree, that Blade & Soul is a great MMO, and I hope that all the players actively will help improve it. Good luck ~

5 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

The only thing I don't like is the Summoner has to look like a mouse. Other than that I do find stuff to do all day long and there's plenty of people on roaming around the various areas.

Mine doesn't.

I made mine tall, thin and with tiny ears and almost no noticable tail.

15 hours ago, xXZanza said:

Very much agree. it has its flaws but god its the best mmo for me in terms of gameplay, visuals, story, characters, classes. its all just so fun. i have played every class des being my least favorite due to it being so 1 dimensional. But its a very entertaining game that has kept me coming back for years.

7 hours ago, Negaimu said:

Crazy how positive threads literally get no where but whining threads talking about the same things already being worked on / addressed keep popping up like mold -_-

Cause most people know whats wrong with this game and this dude will see that soon and gonna realise he was wrong.

Graphics and aesthetics are nice but graphics dont make the game,WoW is pure proof of that,besides there are many MMOs out there with better graphics and better optimization.

Game can be perfect but if its managed badly like this one is then its ruined.

At the start we were all excited and could make positive threads about the game,but that goes away pretty soon.

If you're a casual player you will probably enjoy the game a bit longer cause you wont bother with most of the stuff.

But if you're hardcore or true fan of something like lets say PvP ,you will be disappointed pretty soon.

The bots,the sudden lagg in arena,slower combat for some reason,hackers.

PvE = low FPS even if you have super pc,content too small and too repetitve gets boring after few days.

My post is the reason mostly why positive threads dont get far,cause people could reply negative stuff about the game 24/7

Its sad but its true.

Currently I love it as well... though long term... I'm basically going to make my classes, level them,  then run around the world getting epic looking screenshots before I quit to go play something else.   Not enough here to hold me long term I don't think,  But I will enjoy my time while I'm here.   

I love "Agents"  ... nothing like an agent to try and boost moral on the forum... were .. let me remind you.. the population is limited . why ? 

1. A.. a lot of people already left the game because it's lost it's touch.

2. A lot of people left.. after 3 bloody years we only got .. "LAG , BOTS , DOWNTIME, MINIMUM ADMINS INFORMATION"

3. You do the same quests .. each day . nothing new.

4. I have yet to see something rly solid in this game.

5. Even the FORUM IS BUGGED... THE FORUM IS BUGGED

6. All my friends already left .. and I'm not far from leaving as well..

7. People that think that the population has not fallen is either stupid or ignorant .. the population did drop a great deal.

8. I just can't stress this ENOUGH .. 3 YEARS and this is what we get.

9. This is the worst game I have ever played in all my years of gaming

10. GEO data is crap, tested and proven.

I don't know . I can go on... but will stop.. I just don't see this game fun anymore... and I am still in this game ( for the hairy trolls that want to show me love *bite me* ) .. I'm in this game to see the 50 cap patch.. and the 6 v 6 arena .. and maybe and I hope those pets that fly around you.. that's it.

I also hate around 50% of the community .. they kiss so much ass I'm amazed  .. NCSOFT is not your boss boys and girls .. they wont give you cookies or a raise in salary .. and the other 50% is just like me .. that WANT TO BICH AND WANT TO FORCE THIS BLOODY STAFF TO DO SOMETHING.

When you loose players like a mad man.. but on the forum people kiss so much ass.. well.. gm's will not consider doing anything radical.

I agree with you OP. I haven't had a MMO interest me in a long time. I am enjoying the game so much and the general combat is one of the biggest reasons why, but I like the dailies too.  I'll be sticking around to see what comes next, my only problem is my wrists get sore after a few hours of playing. Mostly from holding shift while sprinting, because it seems easier then WW. 

I hope they do autorun for sprint in one of the upcoming patches. >.<

I was around for the initial launch (not f2p launch) of GW2, SWTOR, WS, TSW and now B&S.  Of those games my experience with B&S has so far been the best.  I actually bought BDO too but i dont like the combat style so i've barely played the game, like under an hour or total play time.  I just wish that something would be done about the bots, gold farmers like immediately instead of waiting weeks so that they can be mass banned and dealt with all at the same time.  I mean...my guess as to why they are waiting is because they are trying to find the root cause of the bots and then they will attack the problem at its root.   But is the damage being done to the game (and B&S's reputation) worth the wait for that solution? or should they maybe be doing some bot clearing as they work their way towards that big solution?

On 3/15/2016 at 11:03 AM, xXZanza said:

The only aspect keeping this game away from "perfect" for me would be the high ping. Heck, even if they released an Oceania server right now and with my current progress in the game, I would gladly let it all go.

Might I also add that given the *actions* -lol- taken against bots, I very much would bot if I could get a legitimate source. 

Archived