People asking for 400+ AP for NLAB WTF ?

Drakeos99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elitist player here ( 450 ap in max 2 days ) I have group of few other ppl that are MAX geared and exp players ( acc, weps, soul shields etc... you name it they have it ) and yes doing lab in this kind of pt is just EASY :D like you have cheat mode but.... What about randoms ? Any of you that hate the 400+ req must know that with random ppl nothing is certain and you need some measurement. You do not know if ppl are exp or not, communication is lacking ( no voice chat ) etc. If i see 420 +( crit rate etc is also important to me ) i can assume that ppl know what to do and run will go smoothly but with randoms 360 ap + ? with bad crit etc no way i will waste my time.

Solution is simple, make friends or clan that will help you. If you cant then this game is not for you. Dungeons on level 50 will not be easier and req will go up. Good luck doing it with unskilled, ungeared and often rude randoms from cross server. Peace and chill

i rather play with 380+ then people with 450 with no brain. i found people with higher " AP " just more stupid then others and tend do die on mechanics alot more then those with 390 .. : ) 

problem with people if they cant handle the mechanics they think you can just gear up more and push the dmg further cause .. they cant simple handle the mechanics. And thats kinda sad 

and btw im 440.. 

^ I've never joined a 440+ AP party where they didn't know what they were doing. Everyone was geared, knew the mechanics, and fought the bosses accordingly. A pug party on the other hand was a total nightmare. Even if you give advice, they refuse to listen. You can brag about clearing a dungeon with lower tier gear - that's great, good for you - but it probably took longer than those with higher tier gear. Gear up and apply for the parties demanding higher AP or join a clan (or invite friends) to go with you! You're right that better gear =/= skills but if you're trying to do LAB4 with 300 AP... you're putting yourself up for failure.

Nevermind 400ap for N-Labs. I ran Poh6 yesterday and there was a 400ap destroyer who died at every 2nd boss (wasn't even the tank). Clearly AP isn't a good judge of player skill.

This is reflective in many other mmorpg, ie players in GW2 insist using atk/crit gears to max dps, only to get 2-3 shotted by boss because they have low HP and lack of knowledge on mechanics.

452 ap and 60% crit player here !

I got my stuff only with farm and crafting, so i spent a loooooot of time to get it. 

So to be honest I only tag in 420+ AP Laby, cause with this requirment you get at least people who know how to play their class (you don't get 350 ap BM saying BM can't tank it's a DPS class).

With this gear you can expect some DPS and we run it fast. 

And the last reason is I don't want to Powerlevel people with low gear. I have this kind of gear, so I expect to run it fast with people with the same kind of gear.

I don't wanna run it for low stuff cause it's Pick up, I don't care seriously. 

I run some 4 dj with less than 400 Ap guys but from my clan or from my friend list.

That's not being elitist to expect the same DPS/skill you got, from your party member. 

Stop whining about the fact you can't tag with your low gear with 440 ppl to get carried.

It's funny because you're saying like "skill > ap" but what do you know about the knowledge and skill of the player you'll take?  You don't know anything,  so having a 4xx+ ap group is a garentee that even if they are bad,  you will do it :D. 

8 hours ago, Aireil said:

It's funny because you're saying like "skill > ap" but what do you know about the knowledge and skill of the player you'll take?  You don't know anything,  so having a 4xx+ ap group is a garentee that even if they are bad,  you will do it :D. 

It is not a 'guarantee'. It's more like a safety net for a possible lack of skill/experience. It does help with enrage timers, but poor performance and dying too often to be reliable means you could as well get someone with lower AP and yet actually knows what to do and does it well.

I tend to value not dying and not causing others to die by rushing bosses more than pure AP.

You can do 450+ easily without ever stepping foot in lab, just put the effort in. If you don't want to be part of the groups that are asking for 400+ so that it's a fast run (instead of people running 330 and failing to enrage timers over and over again) then don't join them. Simple as that. Enrage timers are a thing, and you need a  reasonably geared group to meet them. Nobody is stopping you from just joining random queue for lab, so crying about groups that aren't in the random queue won't get you any sympathy from anyone.

2 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

It is not a 'guarantee'. It's more like a safety net for a ponsible lack of skill/experience. It does help with enrage ifimers, but poor performance and dying too often to be reliable means you could as well get someone with lower AP and yet actually knows what to do and does it well.

I tend to value not dying and not causing others to die by rushing bosses more than pure AP.

Fine.  Call It what you like.   Many players prefer a safety net over having our balls hangin the wind In hopes that puggers have the skill to compensate for low gear.

Whether they are new to the game or too lazy to reach the laughably easy benchmark of 400 and 50% crit, I would rather take my chances on some sort Iof rating scale.  Hoping they are good.... no ty.

I apply this to myself as well.

Casual, not In clan.

How are they to know Im capable.  Measuring sticks wirk both ways.

Ps wtf Is with the chat? And the capital I all the time. Grrrr Firum bugs

Archived