Drakeos99

People asking for 400+ AP for NLAB WTF ?

I understand the need to do the run fast but I have also parties asking for "experient" player. Its like looking for the first job, experience required, but if I cant join, how can I learn??

Same with BSH, I done the 24 raid but the mechanics of the 6 man are different. I joined a 2  parties and they just shoot ahead and I have no idea what to do. Very frustrating. 

I like the game but the lack of community feel lets down a bit.

Rant over

Shukran   

IF BM first time tanking boss stage, it is normal (but bad) to die. you have to tank 3 adds. dps tank clown.

TL;DR: the more i read the whine about 400+ the more i use it higher and higher. if someone didnt want to spend effort to improve his equip, how can u believe he put effort in doing the right things in a team? i dont care how much skilled you are in a istance/boss/whatever. if u dont have the right equip to me you are garbage. because IF i am not a nerd and could afford true pirate (stage7 atm), you shouyld have the same.

Ginki   

i escaped from GW2 cancer elitists, to end up with cancer elitists again

10 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Because you do not have to do Naryu Lab to get 400+ AP?

There's still 24man dungeons, 6/4man Blackram Supply chain/Bloodshade Harbor dailies to help you get the money to get the necessary upgrades to get 400 AP or higher.

Also, 400+ AP is for more smooth runs. But even with 400+ AP, you still need to know how to do the dungeon.

nobody said that you will go 400+ap from Lab gear. but you want the soul shield(you can get it from the box with RNG) and soul stone. that counts as gearing up as OP said. also i want to do the Lab dailies too, and earn some cash from bid ofc. my friend got 9.3k hp + 121 crit SS from his 1st run and a bracelet from opening the box in the end of dungeon. bracelet has 300+ crit and 200+ crit dmg(or the opposite? can't remember right now). if you get it it's better than Siren/Pirate, so with a bit of luck you can save some gold for a while

dailies give you enough gold? to go in Awakened Infernal maybe. but above that, it's nowhere near to enough. you need all items to Awaken Siren stage 10, and at least 19ap gem to go 400+ ap, or True Siren stage 10 weapon and 1-2 Siren stage 10 accessories. that's still quite a lot of gold needed, and dailies don't give enough to do it fast and start doing Lab without getting kicked. to go in Awakened Siren stage 1 from Awakened Infernal stage 10 you need 25 Moonwater Transformation Stone. 1 stone=5.8g on my server. that's 140g, without calculating the gold needed for evolve+breakthrough+feed to go Awakened Siren stage 10. if we calculate that, it easily go 250+++g. then you need Diamond ap gem too. that's another 10g for the 19ap ap(minimum), and if you want the 25ap it's around 20g. you expect me to wait that long to do Lab daily cause elitist faktards want 400+ap? hell no... if i run the dungeon a few times, i will learn it even without 400+ ap. common sense

Edited by Ginki

Shukran   

doing all the RIGHT dailies gives you 10-12Gold a day. let's call "doing the right amount of dailies"= Gday

windrest stats:

diamond 25ap = 2 Gday

10 moonstones = about 5-6 Gday (you are a retard if you plan to buy ALL materials to craft them. you FARM.)

awakened pirate = 2-3 Gday

so in 10 days you get 400+ ap.

dont be lazy

edit: right amount of dailies for lazy players:

bsh/poh 24

bsh/poh/lab 6

mushin tower 1-7

BLUE lvl 45 dungeons (4dungeons)

tomb of exile

faction dailies

if needed do all moonwater plans PVE BOSSES daily

Edited by Shukran

I am seeing a clear misconception here.
Players are allowed to create whatever parties they want, and set the criterias as they want.
Using the LFP button in dungeon lobby, and then excluding players are wrong – because you fundamentally first ask for anybody to join, and then kick them because they didn´t meet your criterias.

If you set criterias, do it from the start – and use the chat to search for a party – not the LFP button
Setting high criterias for a party, doesn´t have to about Elitism or feeling superior – or being carried. It´s often just players that wants to farm certain drops in the most effecient way and they know they have to do many runs to archieve that. I.e. getting Lab soulshield is easy – however getting good stats on all your pieces are way harder – and if you´re farming costumes its entirely up to RNG.

This is why I´d set some high criterias at times. However, I don´t judge from AP alone though.

The other day I was running Poh4mans for my dailies – and I had a Sin that was dying to the mobs on the way to Slashimi.. not a miniboss, but to ...mobs.... Those kind of players, regardless of gear and the ones I want to avoid – especially since he started trashtalking afterwards in frustration.

If you're playing your class right, around 370~ AP is enough to clear BSH4/NLab6 quickly and smoothly. NLab4 might require 400+ AP mainly because of the last boss. If you are one of the people looking for a 400+ (or god forbid, 420-440+) AP BSH or NLab6, then you either need to check YOUR dps before even thinking about everyone else. Given, I'm not saying that everyone with under 400 AP will know how to play their class, but too many people with over 400 AP don't know either, so why are people even caring about AP that much?

Vau   

you know, i honestly hate the lets blow by everything and do it quick mentality everybody has in this game as a whole. that coupled with the crappy performance has almost completely turned me off from this game. in blackram supply chain someone usually gets hit and suck in combat during that 1st just run threw everything section. i cant even tell you how many times it was just me and the dude that couldn't do anything killing mobs while the rest of the group would just stand on the platform before the boss and wait. this games community is is pretty poor. 

you definitely don't need 400+ attack power for lab. ive done it a few times with what you would all call a trash group, as long as your not special it can be done. 

what happened to the days where people actually liked a challenge, now its hand it to me or gtfo.

ive pretty much just been doing my soulstone dailies, sighing at how horrible the game runs and logging out at this point. yesterday i dident even bother playing. i think i hit that im done threshold. there is just no reason to endure the community or the client anymore. its actually starting to feel like a chore, its the exact same routine every day.

You people keep misunderstanding.

When people are asking for 400+ AP. It doesn´t mean that it can not be done at 310 AP. It doesn´t exclude you from finding your own party either.

It means that specific person is looking to make a high dps-run party – often for chain runs.

Where as AP doesn´t necessarily reflect skills and understanding – it does often indicate a higher dedication for the game and often accompanied with higher skills and better understanding of dungeon mechanics.

Thats the easiest way to make a distinction between players you don´t know and can only guess about. 1) AP 2) HP 3) Current Soul Shield 4) Crit Rate.

I think its absolutely a legit way to search for a party – the only thing that bothers me, is if those players are using the LFP button and then kick people. As long as you use the chat to invite people to a lobby and then start your run, then you have no reason to be upset if you don´t meet that specific persons criterias. Higher DPS party, potentially means faster runs and more smooth runs because of enrage timers and timed triggers.

2 minutes ago, Victorion said:

You people keep misunderstanding.

When people are asking for 400+ AP. It doesn´t mean that it can not be done at 310 AP. It doesn´t exclude you from finding your own party either.

It means that specific person is looking to make a high dps-run party – often for chain runs.

Where as AP doesn´t necessarily reflect skills and understanding – it does often indicate a higher dedication for the game and often accompanied with higher skills and better understanding of dungeon mechanics.

Thats the easiest way to make a distinction between players you don´t know and can only guess about. 1) AP 2) HP 3) Current Soul Shield 4) Crit Rate.

You seem to be misunderstanding as well. High DPS can be achieved without 400+ AP. Also, in any other game higher stats would probably mean higher skill/understanding of the dungeon, but this is Blade and Soul, where you can run BSH4 once, get lucky, and gain 100-200g~ from one skill book dropping. The ONLY thing I will look and judge players by are their gems/actual play, and the fact that most players can't spend even a second to watch someone other than themselves when doing a dungeon to just see if they are playing their class right is just sad. Some classes (especially tanks) require more attention than others, but seriously, you can't expect me to take you seriously if you say I got carried if I had 370 AP while playing my class right compared to someone with 440 AP that is on the floor.

KzE   
12 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

Seriously how else you think we gonna get geared if people keep asking for 400+ AP this like friggin gearscore all over again >.<

1. Make your own room with your own rules.

2. Use matchmaking

On 15/3/2016 at 8:24 AM, Azuhariet said:

You seem to be misunderstanding as well. High DPS can be achieved without 400+ AP. Also, in any other game higher stats would probably mean higher skill/understanding of the dungeon, but this is Blade and Soul, where you can run BSH4 once, get lucky, and gain 100-200g~ from one skill book dropping. The ONLY thing I will look and judge players by are their gems/actual play, and the fact that most players can't spend even a second to watch someone other than themselves when doing a dungeon to just see if they are playing their class right is just sad. Some classes (especially tanks) require more attention than others, but seriously, you can't expect me to take you seriously if you say I got carried if I had 370 AP while playing my class right compared to someone with 440 AP that is on the floor.

You seem only to read halfway through a post, before you start responding.

High DPS needs a

1) high AP (easy to check)

2) high crit rate/crit dmg (a little harder to check)

3) a good skill rotation. (impossible to check beforehand)

Other than that, you´d optimally want to look at the hp and soul shield too. Personally I´m way too lazy to check that thoroughly, and I believe mostly everybody else is too.

Thats why people in general just look for AP and sometimes AP+Crit rate. It´s easy and it´s a somewhat good indicator – at least better than nothing. And if a player has 440 AP, that player often dedicated quite alot of effort to get that high AP – where as a 330 AP player often did not.

Between the 2 of them, I´d suspect that the 440 AP player is more experienced and competent than a 330 AP player – regardless of whats may or not be the case.

Sure it could be that the 330 player has multiple other chars, or has played on a different server for years. But in the end – doing the easy check – most ppl will just pick the 440 AP player, who often also has 60K hp and a full Lab soulshield already, giving testament that he at least did the dungeon multiple times before – rather than someone with 330 AP, 26k hp, arena soulshield and square gems.

Not that those players can´t complete Naryus Lab – sure they can, but if I am going for a chain run, and I wanna do it fast without having to explain mechanics every Be Ido and Fui/Rai encounter, I rather go with the higher AP team. No I am not being an elitist – I am just beeing greedy and wanna do 5 runs an hour, instead of 2 runs an hour.

Also all the people who are so sure that a party with 330 AP players can complete Naryu with ease – you´re welcome to go make a party together and start doing runs. It´s not like we´re blocking the door for you...

Some of us, just wants faster runs with less frustrations and re-tries.

Tupan   

I rarely make groups but when I do I make sure everyone is geared as *cricket*.Why? Because I can.You don't like it? Feel free to make your own.I get some funny pms 1 week ago when I was looking for 4rth person for my Nlab 4 party.I asked for 55% and 440 AP member,why? Because such people rarely are newbies and they put an effort to gear up and learn the game.Thats how I met some nice people I keep playing with.

Low AP team? I hate to carry strangers,sorry.Last time I went pug I had to solo one of the gods while 4 other people could not do the other and the 5th was dead for 3 min near me.I don't run charity,nor do I represent one and I don't want to carry people.As simple as that.

Edited by Tupan

Kiaris   
13 hours ago, Drakeos99 said:

Seriously how else you think we gonna get geared if people keep asking for 400+ AP this like friggin gearscore all over again >.<

Stop showing up with Crap Gear ?

It takes almost nothing to break 400 AP

All you get from labs is

Soul Shields

+10 AP Soul

Everything else is from the other content in game.

I bet You are still rocking Profane weapon and Infernal Jewelry ?

Labs is very easy.. but when your in pugs... its painful to watch.  So having gear (That's cheap to get now.. as prices have dumped on things it takes to upgrade) at least lets you hope it balances things out.

PKaBoo   

well here's a solution to some of that sh*t that people demands a "400+ or higher ap" for everyone in the party... :

GO WITH YOUR GUILD >.> !

sure some guilds are filled with tw*ts so they won't take you anyway lol

but the nice guilds if most of em are well geared I don't see a reason why not to "carry" you with em...

you need learn how to do the dng one way or another and with your guild it should be smoothest even if longer ... but they can help you get geared and understand better the dungeon ! ^_^

Formus   

i already wrote this in similar thread: Create your own party, nobody will kick you there. And GL breaking your wep on 1st boss with pt full of unexperienced/low geared crybabies like you

On 15/3/2016 at 9:37 AM, Azuhariet said:

*HUGE WALL OF TEXT*

Like I said, you only seem to read the beginning of a post before you start posting your own reply.

I earlier stated that people set specific criterias (like min 440 AP) should use the chat function to do so, and not the LFP button.

People using the LFP button, can´t be picky with who they get partied up with – however I believe it´s generally good manners not to queue for a dungeon that you´re obviously not ready or geared for.

Searching for a dungeon, never been a problem for me. If I go random LFP, I´ll have a party I can complete with usually in first try – if I spend 10 minutes in chat, I´ll have a high DPS party that usually completes without much BS in less than 15 minutes.

I see nothing wrong with people searching for high dps parties – as long as they do it in chat and not LFP search. And you shouldn´t either.

If you feel excluded with your sub400 AP – perhaps it would be much easier for you to just collect some better gear. After all, I see you talk alot of crap gems, and I can only assume you have crap gems as well – because just with True Sirens+25 AP diamond + infernal jewelry and at HM5, you´d be sitting around 400 AP.

Vau   
3 hours ago, Victorion said:

Like I said, you only seem to read the beginning of a post before you start posting your own reply.

I earlier stated that people set specific criterias (like min 440 AP) should use the chat function to do so, and not the LFP button.

People using the LFP button, can´t be picky with who they get partied up with – however I believe it´s generally good manners not to queue for a dungeon that you´re obviously not ready or geared for.

Searching for a dungeon, never been a problem for me. If I go random LFP, I´ll have a party I can complete with usually in first try – if I spend 10 minutes in chat, I´ll have a high DPS party that usually completes without much BS in less than 15 minutes.

I see nothing wrong with people searching for high dps parties – as long as they do it in chat and not LFP search. And you shouldn´t either.

If you feel excluded with your sub400 AP – perhaps it would be much easier for you to just collect some better gear. After all, I see you talk alot of crap gems, and I can only assume you have crap gems as well – because just with True Sirens+25 AP diamond + infernal jewelry and at HM5, you´d be sitting around 400 AP.

im actually more interested in the yellow text than the AP segregation movement honestly. is that a reward for hitting 500 posts?  i have awakened sirens rank 10 and all my jewelery is sirens as well except my earring and im at 390. im at that nitpick level were i can get denied for doing 40 damage less a hit lmfao.

Edited by Vau

On 15/3/2016 at 11:54 AM, Vau said:

im actually more interested in the yellow text than the AP segregation movement honestly. is that a reward for hitting 500 posts?  

Either that, or I have mad skillz ~

Audabon   

@Victorion i think we are beating a dead horse.

clearly some people are not reading the reasoning.

1.  No, 400ap is not needed to clear the dungeons.

2. Its a way to quantify a person without knowing anything about their player skill.

3. It shows they have progressed their character to a quite easy milestone to reach,  showing that they have put in a modest amount of effort.

4.  Its a quick way to guage a players relative seriousness toward the game.  More serious usually = more competent on average.  Despite 400ap being such a low bar.

5.  If ppl dont like this requirement, its ok.  Dont apply to the party.  If someone leaves your party, recruit.

Explore your options, but pls stop harassing us in lfg for forming the types of parties we want.  Whether its all 1 class, its anything but xxx class, or 400ap.

ty

Vau   
3 hours ago, Victorion said:

Either that, or I have mad skillz ~

you hacker! 

Edited by Vau

Vau   
3 hours ago, Audabon said:

@Victorion i think we are beating a dead horse.

clearly some people are not reading the reasoning.

1.  No, 400ap is not needed to clear the dungeons.

2. Its a way to quantify a person without knowing anything about their player skill.

3. It shows they have progressed their character to a quite easy milestone to reach,  showing that they have put in a modest amount of effort.

4.  Its a quick way to guage a players relative seriousness toward the game.  More serious usually = more competent on average.  Despite 400ap being such a low bar.

5.  If ppl dont like this requirement, its ok.  Dont apply to the party.  If someone leaves your party, recruit.

Explore your options, but pls stop harassing us in lfg for forming the types of parties we want.  Whether its all 1 class, its anything but xxx class, or 400ap.

ty

its not the spam that bugs me lol, its the guys who queue a group and leave instantly after opening everyones characters sheets and deciding he does not wanna play. but victorion covered that so... meh.

Vau   
2 hours ago, Victorion said:

Don´t be jealous ~

I Cant Help It LOL