Sign in to follow this  
stevow1

qutting main mmo over this one

Recommended Posts

stevow1   

right now I'm deciding between this and ffxiv. the only problem with ffxiv is that I don't craft or raid (but I'm not level cap yet) so I'm guessing in the near future I will eventually get bored just by doing dailies? since I don't have friends. on the other hand, bns is pretty cool it haves good combat, butt damn the community speak for themselves you can see how the game is going just by looking at the forums. compare this forum with ffxiv theres NOT a single thread complaining. here is all qq gg bots, ping, imbalance price drops etc. so would you rather quit playing a good mmo over this one? in hopes that maybe they fix everything in when 50 comes out?

 

another thing that i dont like is that at lvl 50 in blade you can basically trade legendary weps meaning the game can become pay 2 win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luffs   

depends on what you call "Good MMO" and FFXIV surely isnt a good MMO at all.. it has its share of issues too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
7 minutes ago, Luffs said:

depends on what you call "Good MMO" and FFXIV surely isnt a good MMO at all.. it has its share of issues too

well you can see ffxiv as a long term play mmo and blade and soul well... from the looks of it its a short term one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Velast   
6 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

right now I'm deciding between this and ffxiv. the only problem with ffxiv is that I don't craft or raid (but I'm not level cap yet) so I'm guessing in the near future I will eventually get bored just by doing dailies? since I don't have friends. on the other hand, bns is pretty cool it haves good combat, butt damn the community speak for themselves you can see how the game is going just by looking at the forums. compare this forum with ffxiv theres NOT a single thread complaining. here is all qq gg bots, ping, imbalance price drops etc. so would you rather quit playing a good mmo over this one? in hopes that maybe they fix everything in when 50 comes out?

 

another thing that i dont like is that at lvl 50 in blade you can basically trade legendary weps meaning the game can become pay 2 win

 

all the issues on our western localisation make u hesitant if u should play here. ping, lags, bots these all makes me wanna quit each day more and more. online already dropped a lot but still i hope they fix all the issues and we'll happily play this wonderfull game. if ur a competitive player or u like smooth dungeon runs and u wanna have a responsive character than its still not time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luffs   
3 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

well you can see ffxiv as a long term play mmo and blade and soul well... from the looks of it its a short term one

 

The only Long Term thing about FFXIV is the dungeon queue. if you're new to that game you will never get any of the dungeons for the storyline quests done due to the game barely having any new players, and a large majority of the game population being Japanese, everyones running end game dungeons and alot of them are Elitists.. im sure u wouldn't like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   

You can play both at the same time :) that's what I'm doing. And an MMO experience is based on personal preference. An MMO experience is what you make it after all. FFXIV is the best MMO to me and it's so refreshing there's way more than what you've said to do. You just have to go do it. ((Dungeon queues in there suck but the roulette helps with that...))

 

I'm off track, but you don't have to quit a game to play another. I alternate here and in between others. You can take a break from the other MMO you play as well. It helps because I go through that 'burnout' phase frequently, haha. But yeah, don't let a forum post determine how much you like an MMO. If you've stuck with it so long, give it a break, come back later... If you still don't like it, think about quitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xArinx   
28 minutes ago, Luffs said:

 

The only Long Term thing about FFXIV is the dungeon queue. if you're new to that game toyou will never get any of the dungeons for the storyline quests done due to the game barely having any new players, and a large majority of the game population being Japanese, everyones running end game dungeons and alot of them are Elitists.. im sure u wouldn't like it

 

What are saying?

 

The population of NA and EU servers are practically all western players. I'm Japanese and I initially played on a NA server and the Elitist community is indeed very bad, but since then I transferred to a JP server (for better ping) and the community is much better. Market prices are far more affordable.

 

Also in regards to dungeon queues being long, it's because people are wary of pugs. Pugs in FFXIV are infamous for creating cancer, since bosses actually require some level of strategy and knowledge. Whereas in BnS, you can solo most dungeons if you wanted to. So players tend to run with people they know, like guilds or simply chat groups specifically created for and by players to run instances together.

It depends on the server you go to and the experience will differ. But the underline is, it's a very community driven game. Not so favorable for a solo player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
43 minutes ago, Yahni said:

You can play both at the same time :) that's what I'm doing. And an MMO experience is based on personal preference. An MMO experience is what you make it after all. FFXIV is the best MMO to me and it's so refreshing there's way more than what you've said to do. You just have to go do it. ((Dungeon queues in there suck but the roulette helps with that...))

 

I'm off track, but you don't have to quit a game to play another. I alternate here and in between others. You can take a break from the other MMO you play as well. It helps because I go through that 'burnout' phase frequently, haha. But yeah, don't let a forum post determine how much you like an MMO. If you've stuck with it so long, give it a break, come back later... If you still don't like it, think about quitting. 

so are you playing ffxiv too? do you raid tho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   
7 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

so are you playing ffxiv too? do you raid tho?

Yes. And, occasionally. I haven't gotten into the savage content yet, which looks really hard. It's pretty solid if you have a group of players that know what they're doing when you raid though. I really think Void Ark is my favorite amongst the current raids too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
15 minutes ago, Yahni said:

Yes. And, occasionally. I haven't gotten into the savage content yet, which looks really hard. It's pretty solid if you have a group of players that know what they're doing when you raid though. I really think Void Ark is my favorite amongst the current raids too. 

but with what im saying is do you have a static group going on or just solo with fc? i mean void is simple but have you cleared ex seph?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   
Just now, stevow1 said:

but with what im saying is do you have a static group going on or just solo with fc? i mean void is simple but have you cleared ex seph?

I know it's one of the easier ones. I just like the layout. I have a static and we raid on certain days. We're trying Alex now and gearing up for the Ex/Savage content. We got into it a little late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
19 minutes ago, Yahni said:

I know it's one of the easier ones. I just like the layout. I have a static and we raid on certain days. We're trying Alex now and gearing up for the Ex/Savage content. We got into it a little late. 

does static and raiding feels like a second job tho? i mean how busy is your life atm? i want to raid but idk if i can with a progress of master degree + gym+ job+ girlfriend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Velast   
3 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

does static and raiding feels like a second job tho? i mean how busy is your life atm? i want to raid but idk if i can with a progress of master degree + gym+ job+ girlfriend

 

if u got a girl u should stop with mmos couse u need a lot of time to spend here and there with ur gf too. so mate i cant imagine how u afford this:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kromede   
8 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

does static and raiding feels like a second job tho? i mean how busy is your life atm? i want to raid but idk if i can with a progress of master degree + gym+ job+ girlfriend

FFXIV is not a MMO to have fun for causal players, everything you plan out must be set done in that time frame or you will always behind everyone in gears and stuck with old contents that nobody want to do with you. Raid in FFXIV is A SECOND JOB NO MORE NO LESS you have to find a static team and MUST follow there schedule runs few times a week, if you miss few time they will kick you out and find a new replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
9 minutes ago, Velast said:

 

if u got a girl u should stop with mmos couse u need a lot of time to spend here and there with ur gf too. so mate i cant imagine how u afford this:)

yeah gg to raids i guess ;/ well blade and soul it is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yahni   
16 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

does static and raiding feels like a second job tho? i mean how busy is your life atm? i want to raid but idk if i can with a progress of master degree + gym+ job+ girlfriend

Hmm...I do this with close friends, so we work around each other's schedule and talk and such, so we don't take away from others time. It can be demanding after a while if you do it at certain times every day, (which I don't do) but it doesn't feel like a second job. It really depends on who is in your static. You can get the hardcore people or normal people or those who want to rush '30 min to do this guyz' kind of people. 

 

When a friend of mines used to raid in the 50 content, they said the time management was pretty bad with demanding members and strict times and such, (bc of time zones) but it really depends on the static, and the people in it I guess. If you ever decide to join one, in any game really, just make sure people know what you can and can't do, and your limits/free time and things like that. A raid schedule should be as convenient to you as the other members. Don't let a game ruin your life (it's happened to people I knew :()

 

Edited by Yahni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bezerko   

Having played both games, I'd say FFXIV is a better game by far.  You'd be surprised at the stuff that p2p paywall helps with.  FFXIV is just a more polished game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevow1 said:

 on the other hand, bns is pretty cool it haves good combat, butt damn the community speak for themselves you can see how the game is going just by looking at the forums. compare this forum with ffxiv theres NOT a single thread complaining.

 

FF14 moderators try to permaban anyone making negative comments on their forum. You can say anything you want if you're positive about things, but if you complain, God help you if you make a slip somewhere in how you address someone or the language you use -- there are no second chances. When they made everyone into Naoki Yoshida two years back or so, all the banned people stayed with their old names, so you could see that easily half of the people in 6-month-old conversations had been shipped off the island for good. That's not to say that NCSoft here are a whole lot better, but you're looking at the worst staff ever to administrate a game in FF14 compared to one of-the-worst-but-not-top-dog.

 

Anyhow, that discrepancy explained, here's my take. B&S has kinda meh PvE in any case. If you play B&S, you mostly do so for the PvP. FF14 has absolutely terrible PvP, but strong PvE (or did until I quit). If you want to play one or the other, I suggest you do so for whichever aspect you enjoy, or play them both each for their strengths.

 

//EDIT: To clarify, I was a CB player for FF14 who ultimately quit due to the support staff being decidedly Kafkaesque. I still think the dev team had done a pretty good job with the PvE design all around, but it's a very narrow sort of product. Just don't break from the norms, don't excel, and certainly don't speak up, or the beatings will be swift. They banned everyone ingame for having a certain amount of gil once, and they banned someone for refusing to be undercut in /sh (it's even worse than it sounds, trust me; I was in a linkshell with the accuser and was in Limsa for the whole fiasco). In any case, don't take no criticism allowed to mean no criticism exists -- the two are decidedly opposed.

Edited by HUnewearl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevow1   
29 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Having played both games, I'd say FFXIV is a better game by far.  You'd be surprised at the stuff that p2p paywall helps with.  FFXIV is just a more polished game.

but i tho ffxiv was boring if you dont raid? 

15 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

 

FF14 moderators try to permaban anyone making negative comments on their forum. You can say anything you want if you're positive about things, but if you complain, God help you if you make a slip somewhere in how you address someone or the language you use -- there are no second chances. When they made everyone into Naoki Yoshida two years back or so, all the banned people stayed with their old names, so you could see that easily half of the people in 6-month-old conversations had been shipped off the island. That's not to say that NCSoft here are a whole lot better, but you're looking at the worst staff ever to administrate a game in FF14 compared to one of-the-worst-but-not-top-dog.

 

Anyhow, that discrepancy explained, here's my take. B&S has kinda meh PvE in any case. If you play B&S, you mostly do so for the PvP. FF14 has absolutely terrible PvP, but strong PvE (or did until I quit). If you want to play one or the other, I suggest you do so for whichever aspect you enjoy, or play them both each for their strengths.

if i may ask. why did you quit tho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
3 hours ago, stevow1 said:

right now I'm deciding between this and ffxiv. the only problem with ffxiv is that I don't craft or raid (but I'm not level cap yet) so I'm guessing in the near future I will eventually get bored just by doing dailies? since I don't have friends. on the other hand, bns is pretty cool it haves good combat, butt damn the community speak for themselves you can see how the game is going just by looking at the forums. compare this forum with ffxiv theres NOT a single thread complaining. here is all qq gg bots, ping, imbalance price drops etc. so would you rather quit playing a good mmo over this one? in hopes that maybe they fix everything in when 50 comes out?

 

another thing that i dont like is that at lvl 50 in blade you can basically trade legendary weps meaning the game can become pay 2 win

Do -NOT- quit FFXIV for this game you will be seriously disappointed within weeks.  This game is not in a good place and it's only getting worse.  There are plenty of things to like about this game, especially the feel of combat however it doesn't take long for that to get old.  The main aspect of the game here is the cash shop, then dailies and arena which are a side show.  Stay on Final Fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if free to play and pay to play communities can be the same?

 

You do know that NA/EU teams are against pay to win, right? If they were not we would get higher tier weapon by now?

 

Yes bots still exist but it's not like they don't try to fix the problem. Don't you think the fact that people complaining about the game is actually a good thing? Cause they care? Feedbacks?

Edited by icyterror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stevow1 said:

if i may ask. why did you quit tho?

 

I edited in that as clarification. There were many such incredible bumblings, but the last straw for me was when essentially this happened:

  1. Player A is selling his Blacksmithing services in /sh in Limsa Lower Decks.
  2. Competitor B arrives on the scene and undercuts Player A's service prices.
  3. Player A in turn modifies his advertisement to undercut Competitor B.
  4. Competitor B undercuts Player A again.
  5. Player A announces that he will beat any price.
  6. Competitor B demands that Player A collude on price.
  7. Player A refuses, and refuses to communicate further on the topic. Competitor B whines in a linkshell (of which I was a lieutenant or whatever) about how he won't respond to /tell .
  8. Competitor B reports Player A for refusing to collude on pricing.
  9. Player A is subsequently banned for two weeks.

Honestly, I'm not sure I would believe this shit if I hadn't been there. I actually rather disliked Player A, too, but there's a limit on how much I can tolerate. Competitor B was in a linkshell with me, and I rather mocked him at the time for sending in a report. I couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to take that report seriously. Turns out, FF14 support staff are just incompetent (or perhaps malicious) enough to do it.

 

Obviously, that wasn't the only one, but it just strikes me as so particularly infuriating that as much trouble as we crafters went through for a nearly useless part of the game, the support staff were always on hand to make sure were were that much more *cricket*ing miserable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chinmi   

because of bns i uninstall tera, wow, ffxiv, wildstar, and gw2. bns is much more superior then all those mmo

this game is good, the dev is awesome, and it's the best community i have ever play with

and the server is always full packed with lots of people. i love it !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this