2100+ KFM that still can't get 3rf down

AsuraSushi

1257003814239.jpg

Pretty much title. I come across so many kfms able to do the 100-0 combo and it irks me. They don't tech chase, they don't do anything special and can't 3rf in small combos. Yet somehow when I blow my tab they can execute the full combo flawlessly(macros?.) If I can get 3rf down without the use of macro, I imagine I'll be able to climb much easier considering in Diamond, every little bit of damage counts considering we're a mid-tier class.

Don't get me wrong it's not like I've never done 3rf well, but my success rate is 10%. I can't wrap my head around it. Sometimes I get it down real well doing it slower than usual and sometimes faster than usual. 

What the heck am I doing wrong? Do I hit the R-F faster than the rest of the combo? I'd be thankful for any input because this is tilting me extremely hard.

I noticed that you have to hit 3 - R slower than R - F otherwise 3 will not proc Cyclone Kick even if the damage registers. What I generally do is something like this :

3 - RF3 - RF3 etc... You have to get the right timing between F and the next 3 too because Cyclone Kick's animation is annoying. I have the feeling that if you don't cancel it before a certain point, you'll be forced to watch the WHOLE animation before being able to hit the next Shin Kick. It's like the animation is cancellable only during the first half of it, after that, you're locked in it. Also, don't MASH your buttons. Just press them once and go to the next smoothly with the correct rythm. Mashing buttons will only result in your character doing some stupid shit like 3R ---- R --- 3. I practiced 3RF against the tanky pigs in Hogshead Pastures (the ones with the quest where you have to throw rocks at them to one shot them). They regen their HP pretty fast, they stand still and never attack you. This way with a shitty level 4 weapon you can train your stun lock combo endlessly. I practiced this during approximately 2 weeks without going full no-life on it at all and it was enough to perfectly master it. Now when I mess my 3RF up it's generally because of latency, 'cause that's another problem with 3RF. If you have even a very small lag spike or just a few seconds of higher ping than usual, your 3RF will be messed up since the timing you have to hit your keys differs with the ping.

Just put your left index over F, middle finger on R, ring finger on 3 and click it O.o 3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf3rf for days.

@OP: Some KFMs prefer to use 2RF when you have your TAB on. It's much easier and (for people without macro) isn't as "hand-consuming". But it still makes people shit their pants and TABout the Triple Kick stun.

Are you playing from EU? If So here's the thing, you can practice 3rf all you want in open world, but it doesn't translate that well in arenas.

Why? Because as your latency in open world will be about a quarter of what your arena latency will be. I can perform perfect 3rf combos on the junghado dummy and cc necklace. at mushins, but can I do the same thing in arena? Hello no! Even using WTFast my latency doesn't allow me to cancel the animation in time, so I sit through the whole animation regardless of knowing how to do it. Since that is the case, I've resigned the fact that my best option is just to do 3f instead. Not as good as 3rf but still pretty decent.

if you're playing from NA or somehow bypassing the arena latency bullshit, then the tips the others have given here will serve you well.

18 minutes ago, ComatoseBellicose said:

Are you playing from EU? If So here's the thing, you can practice 3rf all you want in open world, but it doesn't translate that well in arenas.

Why? Because as your latency in open world will be about a quarter of what your arena latency will be. I can perform perfect 3rf combos on the junghado dummy and cc necklace. at mushins, but can I do the same thing in arena? Hello no! Even using WTFast my latency doesn't allow me to cancel the animation in time, so I sit through the whole animation regardless of knowing how to do it. Since that is the case, I've resigned the fact that my best option is just to do 3f instead. Not as good as 3rf but still pretty decent.

if you're playing from NA or somehow bypassing the arena latency bullshit, then the tips the others have given here will serve you well.

I'm from EU and I don't have any latency issues in the arena. When I have latency it's everywhere in the game, not just in arena. But when I have no latency my 3rf animation cancel is fast and smooth in arena so I don't understand what you and some other people are saying about "arena latency" etc... When it lags, it's everywhere lol.

3 hours ago, ShandraManaya said:

I'm from EU and I don't have any latency issues in the arena. When I have latency it's everywhere in the game, not just in arena. But when I have no latency my 3rf animation cancel is fast and smooth in arena so I don't understand what you and some other people are saying about "arena latency" etc... When it lags, it's everywhere lol.

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Check out this thread from the arena forums:

When checking my latency i can see this is indeed the case for myself as well. I get about 20-30ms in openworld areas, and between 250-300ms when participating in any cross-server activity (Dungeons and PVP arena).

The general consensus is that the problem lies with packets being routed through telia.net when trying to connect NC servers. Telia has been known to lose many data packets which result in this problem. This can be confirmed here.

As an aspiring gold kfm with bootiful asian eyes. I can tell you straight up that you should press slowly, don't reply on 3rf, ake sure you Q and E, and don't be afraid to use knock ups for days. You will mess up 3rf and success is kinda a mood based thing, like... 1 day you can be flawless and another you just aren't into it. c: keep at it and don't bother with the hardcore do XYZ stuff, that worked fine before people got 40k+ hp >.> now its like... 3 sets of 3rf. be creative!

20 minutes ago, ComatoseBellicose said:

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Check out this thread from the arena forums:

When checking my latency i can see this is indeed the case for myself as well. I get about 20-30ms in openworld areas, and between 250-300ms when participating in any cross-server activity (Dungeons and PVP arena).

The general consensus is that the problem lies with packets being routed through telia.net when trying to connect NC servers. Telia has been known to lose many data packets which result in this problem. This can be confirmed here.

Oh wow I see now. What I don't understand then is why does it only happen to some people and not to everyone ? As I see it's also not only an EU thing. In the thread you linked there is someone from Pohwaran server having these issues as well, and it's an NA server.

4 minutes ago, ShandraManaya said:

Oh wow I see now. What I don't understand then is why does it only happen to some people and not to everyone ? As I see it's also not only an EU thing. In the thread you linked there is someone from Pohwaran server having these issues as well, and it's an NA server.

I have no clue why some people are routed in such a way and not others, and it seems that NCsoft doesnt know either. unfortunately NCsoft have said it's nothing to do with them (which is technically correct). The only way to reduce the amount of hops you do through telia.net routers is to use 3rd party ping-enhacing programs, some people can avoid telia servers completely in this manner but some people will still hit a couple like i do. i can get my ping down to about 150ms as a result, but that is still pretty bad for KFM.

Archived