Bad RNG is even worse than before

SENTlENT

Doesn't matter that I am currently on the first Blackram dungeon.

Had no different experience as a BM, FM, DES, the worst as WL, till lv 45, in terms of getting my desired weapon.

It is just ridiculous how even MORE RNG-based those weapons became after the patch. It took 16 weapon chests getting my Stalker weapon. Currently running for the Blight one since yesterday ...

kEUE0IC.png

If this is going to get even worse, due to upcoming lv 46+ Breakthrough and Transmute weapons, or even staying the same way as it is right now, not only me is going to quit this game, which also will reduce your income. Losing paying customers, after all. This is as worse as Warframe's RNG. Do 100 runs, don't get even a shizzl about whatcha need.

And to those "Well, you have weapons to upgrade afterwards". Spare me that horsecrap. Thats a narrowed down cynical view of this situation.

And no. I am not going to waste 19-25g for a stupid 1-try-your-weapon-sparkling viridian key for such a situation. On the other hand, who even does have so much money (exclude me from this) buying and using those keys? No one.

23 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

Rng is the last thing to complain about this game.
Buy the key if you cant handle grinding.
Stop wanting everything with no effort.

just because someone complained about rng doesnt mean they automatically fit into the category of ppl who "want everything with no effort".  in fact most of the people i see complaining about rng around here are the ones that put in the most effort for whatever they wanted

1 minute ago, Pohwan said:

most of the people i see complaining about rng around here are the ones that put in the most effort for whatever they wanted

Because they had to.

If someone complains about RNG,it's hard for me to believe they actually put effort on things they want, unless forced to.

lol u know what pissed me off...

so i finally gave up RNGing a box.. bought a key with hcoins (lucky).

But i had 2 chests... so i figured.. i have a key, i may as well try that last box..

And guess what... the box dropped my weapon... however now i have a character bounded key which i cant use anymore cuz i outleveled it...  >.< 

i REALLY REALLY REALLY WISH we could transfer Keys to characters.  

I liked the "it got even more rng" part. 

Rng is rng. 16 isnt even a lot. That means you didnt get it 15 times. Which is still a 14% chance. Which means that 14% of players need this amount of tries, or even more. 

The only excuse i accept from people is when it's their first characters. Everything else is your own *cricket* fault.

Buy a viridian key with 80 hcoin (~1.5 gold or smth) and send your twink ~5 gold. That's enough to get it to 45 without any frustration at all. You can buy every single weapon or the essences for it you need til hujikar on the AH, the exceptions are blackram narrows (thus the viridian key) and tomb of exiles - for which you get a free key from a survey.

If you are to lazy to farm this gold with your main dont blame the "rigged rng" just because you now lost more time than it would have took you to do the 24-man dailies on your main and send the gold to your twink lol -.-

These rng posts are really popping up way to often for way to stupid reasons. People need to understand how math works and that there is no reason to complain about rng until 45 at all unless it's your first character and you got very bad luck lol.

Edit: Well not even then it's a reason to complain. I mean, it would suck but it's just that: bad luck. Nothing to complain about really. 

12 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

I liked the "it got even more rng" part. 

Rng is rng. 16 isnt even a lot. That means you didnt get it 15 times. Which is still a 14% chance. Which means that 14% of players need this amount of tries, or even more. 

The only excuse i accept from people is when it's their first characters. Everything else is your own *cricket* fault.

Buy a viridian key with 80 hcoin (~1.5 gold or smth) and send your twink ~5 gold. That's enough to get it to 45 without any frustration at all. You can buy every single weapon or the essences for it you need til hujikar on the AH, the exceptions are blackram narrows (thus the viridian key) and tomb of exiles - for which you get a free key from a survey.

If you are to lazy to farm this gold with your main dont blame the "rigged rng" just because you now lost more time than it would have took you to do the 24-man dailies on your main and send the gold to your twink lol -.-

These rng posts are really popping up way to often for way to stupid reasons. People need to understand how math works and that there is no reason to complain about rng until 45 at all unless it's your first character and you got very bad luck lol.

Edit: Well not even then it's a reason to complain. I mean, it would suck but it's just that: bad luck. Nothing to complain about really. 

Ever know how <ctime> and <random> works?

Get some C++ lessons, and you might get into it that "More RNG" is a valid term.

And ever thought that not everyone is capable of "SENDING MAILS"? Get your facts straight, before talking right away.

People who haven't charged (not transfering from the CTRL+C coin:ncoin exchange) are not able to do anything like that.

36 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

Because they had to.

If someone complains about RNG,it's hard for me to believe they actually put effort on things they want, unless forced to.

no dude. they didnt have to. its their choice to run a dungeon after an item they want. just by complaining about rng we know there was effort involved. no need to say any more.

How is this ANY different than a game where you have to put hours into obtaining max level gear?? In most other MMOs, you farm the dungeons/bosses until your gear drops. In this game, you farm dungeons/bosses for a guaranteed chest, which then you open for a chance for your weapon. Same shit, different toilet. In fact, this game makes it EASIER by allowing you to bypass all that farming with a key that will guarantee the drop (and before you say you need to spend real $$, there is a in-game currency conversion which allows you to use in-game money, in case you weren't aware).

What's your problem again?

1 minute ago, Pohwan said:

no dude. they didnt have to. its their choice to run a dungeon after an item they want. just by complaining about rng we know there was effort involved. no need to say any more.

I assume you dont see all those posts complaining about a costume drop rate.
It's their choice to run the dungeon,nothing wrong till this part,
But they would choose the easier way if could tho, ie: if that costume was actually being sold at cash shop,most people wouldn't grind for it and just purchase it. So if they want the costume , they are pretty much forced to put effort.

Run blackram narrows 40+ times, only to be out bid from someone who can't even use your weapon before you cry on forums... if you don't like the game quit... it's simple. Crying on the forums is not going to make your problems go away. I have never played a game with so many cry babies. 

18 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

I assume you dont see all those posts complaining about a costume drop rate.
It's their choice to run the dungeon,nothing wrong till this part,
But they would choose the easier way if could tho, ie: if that costume was actually being sold at cash shop,most people wouldn't grind for it and just purchase it. So if they want the costume , they are pretty much forced to put effort.

and you assume that based on? i dont get your point. you replied to my comment with some half assed stuff and completely ignored my point, which was: just because someone complained about rng doesnt mean they automatically fit into the category of ppl who "want everything with no effort". because that's what you make it seem like. they would choose the easier way, of course. it's only natural. but that still doesnt make it so the ones that complain about rng are always the ones that want everything with no effort. and no they arent necessarily pretty much forced to put effort. i assume you dont see all those posts talking about how ppl got a rare costume in their very first few tries? idk what youre on about now, honestly. all im saying is that there's nothing bad with complaining about rng. in fact that are so many complaints already that its started to sink in how the rng is generally pretty bad. it's supposed to be random but if it was really random things wouldn't be mostly static.

Oh whatever,yeah rng is bad wish people would get everything in their first 1-2 tries and didnt have to try anything at all.

You can get the weapon in first try or in 35th try,what im saying is there is no need to cry when u have to put more effort into it and not get lucky enough to get in first tries.
I'm not ignoring anything, whatever

Some people enjoy the grind and prefer it over paying cash for a "shortcut" around RNG.  Some people also have better luck than others.  /shrug

If your RNG sucks then reroll or find another game or pray to RNGesus harder.  It's not the game's fault your random numbers are randomly worse than someone else's, but it's pretty damn funny that you'd get so angry over it.  No one controls it, least of all NC.  There are 8 classes.  Each class weapon has an equal chance to drop.  So every weapon chest has exactly 12.5% unique chance of dropping YOUR class weapon.  Unless you use a fancy key that's the best you're gonna get.  If you still don't follow please take a class on probability.

2 hours ago, Profyrion said:

It's not the game's fault your random numbers are randomly worse than someone else's,

... That is absolutely hilarious.

Like the game itself isn't programmed having the specific RNG pattern ... no, it is just me.

I should try to log in from a different machine, or even try to log in from a different country. That might give me a better aspect of setting a personal RNG pattern ...

3 hours ago, SENTlENT said:

Ever know how <ctime> and <random> works?

Get some C++ lessons, and you might get into it that "More RNG" is a valid term.

And ever thought that not everyone is capable of "SENDING MAILS"? Get your facts straight, before talking right away.

People who haven't charged (not transfering from the CTRL+C coin:ncoin exchange) are not able to do anything like that.

I'm fully aware of the fact that there is no true randomnes for computers - or for most of our daily concerns, not even in the real world. 

"Ever know how <reading> works?" :)

- This thread is not about people not being able to use the mail

- You accuse me of not getting my facts straight, while i havent even talked about using the mail once. Well of course if you neither have friends nor a clan transfering gold to a twink could be a problem, but that's not my problem. My argument is stil valid. Stop shifting the topic to something else just because you feel uncomfortable with someone disagreeing or whatever.

4 hours ago, SENTlENT said:

It is just ridiculous how even MORE RNG-based those weapons became after the patch. It took 16 weapon chests getting my Stalker weapon.

Where did you get the information that anything about RNG changed with the last patch?

Anyway, 16 tries are hardly a good proof for anything RNG related.

What's your point here?

4 hours ago, HailNKill said:

Rng is the last thing to complain about this game.
Buy the key if you cant handle grinding.
Stop wanting everything with no effort.

What is this an oxymoron? RNG and effort don't go hand and hand.

Archived