Macros

Sceptre

1 hour ago, KatHead said:

SS macro is the only macro I can think of that would actually be good at all times. Removing that little double step pause and get instant SS (with macro) is game changing and I wish there was a definitive statement on if this is permitted or not. I would create and use this if it were (huge bm buff), a instant ss into 5 point is / would be much more lethal than the stutter step (ha ha, I know wtf you are trying to do) move we have now. 

Also, SS changes stances from normal to draw stance for BMs. 

if you read further, i saw the stream after, in there they say  macro of s+s on one key/button is "not cool", so, i already tagged one of the mods for clarification but they gave us nothing till now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

technically,

in ToS you agreed when u started downloading the game there is a rule (i dont remember exactly which one, maybe rule 20-21 of some chapter) that state "no third part programs[...]"and something about macros that allow more then 1:1 press.

then you go watch streamers who drink while their KFM do a complete flawless 3rf combo, in diamond NA.

kappa.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

Allow me to apologize for the confusion the answer from one of our Agent has caused regarding this matter. I wanted to remind everyone that our Macro Usage Policy hasn't changed and binding "S+S" (so S [delay] S) is not allowed. Our Policy is fairly simple, one key-press = one action and the use of pre-set delays is forbidden.

I have reached out to our Staff out internally to ensure this Policy gets conveyed accurately from now on.

36 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

Greetings,

Allow me to apologize for the confusion the answer from one of our Agent has caused regarding this matter. I wanted to remind everyone that our Macro Usage Policy hasn't changed and binding "S+S" (so S [delay] S) is not allowed. Our Policy is fairly simple, one key-press = one action and the use of pre-set delays is forbidden.

I have reached out to our Staff out internally to ensure this Policy gets conveyed accurately from now on.

Thank you.

But while I understand what you're saying, it still can be interpreted ambiguously. Putting S+S on a macro, while intrinsically having a delay, can usually be programmed without the explicit delay, so it'll probably be more clear if you state that one key press cannot simulate two or more key presses

And the "Action" still stays as "one action" - "Use a skill".

Cheers.

I have razer naga and when i start to play bns my mouse start to act funny, it started to unplug/plug it self and now it does it even when i am not playing bns, of course i am not sure if bns is somehow the cause of it or not..

Then gameguard crashed my game all the time, one point couldnt even log in it crashed so fast, then i shut down synapse drivers for mouse and i could join the game, no more so many crashes, still crasing time to time, mouse still acts up thou..

Never used macros and i think they should be illegal in games like these but its kinda funny since how many bots are running with automation ??? How come gameguard is not programmed to locate these bots and kick them the hell out??? It does sound and looks sketchy..

7 hours ago, Enhance said:

Thank you.

But while I understand what you're saying, it still can be interpreted ambiguously. Putting S+S on a macro, while intrinsically having a delay, can usually be programmed without the explicit delay, so it'll probably be more clear if you state that one key press cannot simulate two or more key presses

And the "Action" still stays as "one action" - "Use a skill".

Cheers.

What part of "use of preset delays is forbidden" is vague?  Internet lawyer all you want, but there's nothing about the guidelines that allows anything but key re-binding.

3 minutes ago, rocdog said:

What part of "use of preset delays is forbidden" is vague?  Internet lawyer all you want, but there's nothing about the guidelines that allows anything but key re-binding.

What part of "you don't need to explicitly pre-set delays to make S+S macro" is vague? I'm not using any kind of macros but I'm all in for unambiguous rules.

30 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What part of "you don't need to explicitly pre-set delays to make S+S macro" is vague? I'm not using any kind of macros but I'm all in for unambiguous rules.

You actually do need a delay, in the real world, that is.

5 minutes ago, rocdog said:

You actually do need a delay, in the real world, that is.

Macro that looks like

Send "SS"

does not include a "pre-set" delay. Macro programs usually include a default delay, but you can remove it, and it'll still work.

"Each key press can simulate only one key press", on the other hand, seems to have no room for ambiguity.

1 minute ago, rocdog said:

Whether you have to enter it manually, edit a recorded script, or it's already put there by the software (which I've not yet seen), it makes no difference.  They are all delays.

I just explained that you can remove it. You can send S + S without delays in most macro software (key down, key up, key down, key up).

Heck, I can just straight up write software that will simulate two key presses without delay.

9 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Greetings,

anyway, thx for the reply on this thread.

as from my point of view s+s on a single click was still technically a form of automation, but that support reply made me wonder....

9 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Greetings,

Question which popped in my mind after watching live stream.

You guys say one action per key-press.

So if i make macro that has all my buttons but requires each time me to press it again to activate it.

so what im interested to know if this is allowed.

For example i could put 1 2 3 to one keybind like f and macro would work something like this

First keypress (f) performs 1

switches keybind to 2

second keypress (f) performs 2

switches keybind to 3

third keypress (f) performs 3

switches keybind to 1

This would fit in gatecory one keypress one action because it would only switch what is binded to certain key and rotate it over not like normal macro where player would press once and perform 1, 2 and 3

So this macro would be all in one keybind but like i tried to explain it would only switch what action game would perform but requires exactly same number of keystrokes like normaly playing but would make player press one button instead of 10 buttons

4 minutes ago, rocdog said:

Do you only have one finger?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you were talking about me no i've 10 fingers but problem is my wrist that for some reason starts hurting after while playing and pressing f and 4. I already once hurt it while playing this game due that combination just does not suit my wrist. :P Thats why i was wondering if i could relief my burden on it

9 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Question which popped in my mind after watching live stream.

You guys say one action per key-press.

So if i make macro that has all my buttons but requires each time me to press it again to activate it.

so what im interested to know if this is allowed.

For example i could put 1 2 3 to one keybind and macro would work something like this

First keypress performs 1

switches keybind to 2

second keypress performs 2

switches keybind to 3

third keypress performs 3

switches keybind to 1

This would fit in gatecory one keypress one action because it would only switch what is binded to certain key and rotate it over not like normal macro where player would press once and perform 1, 2 and 3

reminds me of simpsons s7 ep7 Homer's typing bird....

39 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

If you were talking about me no i've 10 fingers but problem is my wrist that for some reason starts hurting after while playing and pressing f and 4. I already once hurt it while playing this game due that combination just does not suit my wrist. :P Thats why i was wondering if i could relief my burden on it

I have a similar issue with my mouse hand.  If anti-inflammatories don't help, I simply stop playing for few weeks and catch up on Netflix or whatever.  With that kind of macro, even if it is allowed, you're just switching the strain from more than one finger to a single finger.  I don't think it's a viable alternative.

5 minutes ago, rocdog said:

I have a similar issue with my mouse hand.  If anti-inflammatories don't help, I simply stop playing for few weeks and catch up on Netflix or whatever.  With that kind of macro, even if it is allowed, you're just switching the strain from more than one finger to a single finger.  I don't think it's a viable alternative.

Actually for me it has helped on other games. When i was playing WoW i was able to lift strain simply just figuring out what macro works :)

just to say. in lineage 2 which is ncsoft game have build macros in the game and all use them .

so , u can use macros  like 3-4 skills or ss . small one . macros , not programs .

i also think to make macro for LMB+RMB but i must buy and mouse for this .

my fingers hur so bad from this . i must drink ibu for the pain . so if nc have problem with that , i will leave with it . u know :) better without Bns than without fingers .

@Youmukon

So is it allowed to use X-Button Mouse to rebind the R Key to RMB and T Key to LMB because of the mouse delay you get if you don´t move your mouse?

I tried to contact the support, but I don´t know why I´m not getting a simple answer like "yes" or "no".

I don´t want to buy Razer gear to be able to rebind keys to my other mouse buttons. I´m not talking about macros or anything.

I just want to press a single time RMB to let the game do a single time "R" to get rid of the mouse delay or the need to move your mouse all the time like you are shivering.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your information, that is what the support said: (Caution wall of text incoming)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xxxx Am Montag um 10:27

Dear Support-Team,

-I would like to know if it is allowed to use the program X-Mouse Button to rebind the R and T keys to the left and right mouse button? So one right mouse button click is doing one "t" key press.
-Will gameguard flag the account if the software is used?

Thanks in advance,
xxxx

xxxx Am Montag um 23:43

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. 

Unfortunately, we do not support that because it is still consider as third party program. 

I hope this answer your concern.

Warmest regards,

xxxx
NCSOFT Support Team

xxxx Gestern um 08:06

Hello xxxx,

thank you for your answer.

I understand that NCsoft is not supporting the software. But the question is if using it is "sanctionable".

I have digged further through the forum and found a thread and there was a GM who says it is ok to use it. Please check the thread at https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/167103-lmbrmb-mouse-delay-fix/

Unfortunately the user xxxx has not posted the whole conversation.
Can you please clear this?

Thanks in advance,
xxxx

xxxx Gestern um 18:24

Hello again,

Thank you for getting back to us.

A general rule of thumb is that your key press should correspond to an action. If you are not pressing the button to cause the action, then it is automating play and can be a violation of our policies. This only means that if you are not pressing a button to make the action happen then it is considered botting (thus the error message from Game Guard). For posting chat information. You are pressing a macro and it sends a chat line. This is an acceptable use of macros. What isn't is using a macro to do more than one action, or chain macros.

To avoid any risk, we can only suggest you to use the in-game keybinding settings

I hope this clears things up.

If you still have further questions, please don't hesitate to reply.

Kind regards,

xxxx
NCSOFT Support Team

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, Elvenmad said:

macro's and scripts to link Skills is bannable, any 'automated' gameplay is bannable, 

Basic rule is  one physical button press activates one skill , so using any method were one button press activates more than one skill or activates a combo etc is bannable

Macros and scripts are two entirely different things.

Macros just execute button clicks, nothing more and as has been pointed out is not bannable.

Scripts automate gameplay and is bannable.

They have said on stream its not allowed. one key press for an action is okay. but one key press ends up doing an action for you is not okay and is automation. EG press K will do a 3rf combo automatically.

rebinding RMB to k is okay. 

some response from support:

uczWM6f.png

Archived