Macros

Sceptre

A bit of a fix to what I have said above:

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Originally they said things like "use your best judgement" and all kinds of vague stuff like "yeah well you can't go make coffee while your character is leveling, and yeah, you should use your best judgement or you might get banned", but in a recent stream they flat out said:

"one button press has to correspond to one action only, and even pressing SS is two actions so it needs to be two button presses because that's how the developers intended it"

I looked up where I had heard the last part, and they were talking about the tournament (to my defense, for like 10 minutes straight).

https://youtu.be/g_FSg3i6QyM?t=3675

So disregard that: what we have is the diluted first two statements, and this guy's ticket reply: 

54 minutes ago, Dowra said:

3ccf322639ea599405f9a0d67960fb6c.png

can probably be considered a go-to.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Profyrion said:

You said "word pad"...  Are you under the impression that Wordpad is part of the Windows kernel?  That's the part of your post I was addressing.  Yes, I know you can reassign keys and buttons (to some extent) in the Windows control panel.

Like I said before, NC's stance on it is, if you do ANYTHING to alter the default settings of ONE key press to activate ONE skill it is a cheat and bannable

Just now, Elvenmad said:

Like I said before, NC's stance on it is, if you do ANYTHING to alter the default settings of ONE key press to activate ONE skill it is a cheat and bannable

Updated my (I'm sorry) post, @Dowra's support reply should be considered official instead.

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Updated my (I'm sorry) post, @Dowra's support reply should be considered official instead.

yes but he obviously meant reassigning the key is fine, S+S  to mouse button 4, BUT you would need to press it twice

I know alot of players on asian versions use programs like https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm to just assign mouse button 4 and 5 to keyboard binds which as above is fine, anything else beyond simple reassigning binds is into the gray area

7 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Um... OK?

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said, but thanks for bringing it up.

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

yes but he obviously meant reassigning the key is fine, S+S  to mouse button 4, BUT you would need to press it twice

How can binding "S+S" to a mouse 4 mean "you need to press it twice"?

That's binding "S" to mouse 4. What's "s+s" then? 

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

How can binding "S+S" to a mouse 4 mean "you need to press it twice"?

That's binding "S" to mouse 4. What's "s+s" then? 

I would take S+S as meaning  you press it twice, how it was meant to be used, Although (into another grey area here LOL) you can set key/mouse press to repeat in windows settings and alter delays or press repeat speeds too.

Just now, Elvenmad said:

I would take S+S as meaning  you press it twice, how it was meant to be used, Although (into another grey area here LOL) you can set key/mouse press to repeat in windows settings.

If you check the message that the support sent in that reply, they write (and I quote):

" So binding "S+S" to Mouse 4 is legal. " 

Binding ("S+S") to (Mouse 4)

"S+S" <=> Mouse 4

If he meant "Binding "S" to mouse 4 is legal" that's one thing, why would he group "S+S" like that (with double quotes)?

I don't really see an ambiguity. I can't see it as meaning "You can double-click your mouse 4 bound as S to cast S+S".

• RAZER SYNAPSE

• Razer Synapse is our unified configuration software that allows you to rebind controls or assign macros to any of your Razer peripherals and saves all your settings automatically to the cloud. No more tedious device configurations when you arrive at LAN parties or tourneys, as you can pull them from the cloud, and get owning right away.

I'm gonna start by asking the TEAM If macros are legal because if they are please that would save me alot of time and I go change my keyboard & Mouse then arena is gonna be ballanced

EASY GG  BTW THE CLASS THAT BEST BENEFITS FROM MACROS ARE KFM'S THEY NEVER FAIL 1 RESIST!!!!! (or misuse them EVER!!)

That is why arena 1vs1 Is FLOODING with kfm's 20 out of 28 matches are kfm :3 SO if ur a KFM and wanna hit Diamond easy gg in 1 day just buy Razor :D enjoy the easy wins :D

:D litle help for the plebs -> http://www.razerzone.com/synapse/

WELL FOLKS IT'S OFFICIAL MACROS AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY EASY WINS AND LET THE RAZOR DEVICES RAIN ON US!

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If you check the message that the support sent in that reply, they write (and I quote):

"S+S" <=> Mouse 4

If he meant "Binding "S" to mouse 4 is legal" that's one thing, why would he group "S+S" like that (with double quotes)?

I don't really see an ambiguity. I can't see it as meaning "You can double-click your mouse 4 bound as S to cast S+S".

yes I understand what you are saying and I am pretty sure it was a mistake on his part there as obviously you would be 'automating' one button to press a skill twice,  so GG Dev

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

"S+S" <=> Mouse 4

AND if you watch the stream they say S+S on a single key is ilegal....

Just now, Elvenmad said:

yes I understand what you are saying and I am pretty sure it was a mistake on his part there as obviously you would be 'automating' one button to press a skill twice,  so GG Dev

He then goes on to explain macros are allowed and are not as cheats as bot programs are.

So I assume that "No macro whatsoever", "1 button = 1 button" binding is tournament rules. The "Yes macros, 1 button = 3 buttons whatever" binding is casual rules.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

He then goes on to explain macros are allowed and are not as cheats as bot programs are.

So I assume that "No macro whatsoever", "1 button = 1 button" binding is tournament rules. The "Yes macros, 1 button = 3 buttons whatever" binding is casual rules.

It is still all very 'grey' sometimes I dont think even the Dev's know what they are talking about, but anyway you will not get any definitive complete answer from them at all except for you 'do at your own risk' which leaves it wide open for them to decide themselves if your cheating or not and act accordingly without having to explain there actions

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

NO, on the reply you never read the word MACRO, you only read BINDING.

here they say that even S+S on a single key/mouse click can be "bad for your account"....

12 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

here they say that even S+S on a single key/mouse click can be "bad for your account"....

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

As I mentioned, they're talking about tournament. Scroll back like 10-20 minutes. (That got me confused too...)

@Rukkirii can we have a dev clarifying this?, i'm tagging you as you where one of the devs online in the stream.

tournament only or any part of the game??

Use it. How will GameGuard or any heartbeat to the server detect your button simulation?

Macro on its own form is a button presser, a key sender. You are doing the same process by typing here a text. Makes absolutely no sense denying or even forbidding players to use macros. Everyone does. From a Blade Master, over to a Destroyer, to a Kung-Fu Master.

Logitech Gaming Software, AutoIt, even simple converted .exe(cutions) from AutoHotKey ARE NOT detectable. No matter what they say.

Side note: If you name your macro exes as "Macro for MasterRace KungFuKiller" - have fun. GG will prolly detect such obvious stuff. On the other side, "Hello Kitty Killer.exe" won't.

Why even bother asking about it. It is undetectable. Asking for "Can I haz some Oxygen?" but "*keeps breathing through nose*" ... you get the logic?

You are asking for something which cannot be unrevealed at all, whether you are doing it or not.

I can't really see there would be 2 sets of rules one for tournament and one for 'casual' gaming, it will be one rule for all, but in tournaments obviously your gameplay will be under scrutiny and watched by many experienced players who will very easily detect anything that is not 'normal' gameplay and again like NC have stated multiple time's "you use at your own risk"

32 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

LIKE LOOOL

WHO Cares about tournaments "if ur in the building you can't bring ur pheriferals" What a joke I care about ranking LOL

Yeah I'm Destroyer....

and I mastered anicancel so it's pointless to use macro for it....

but I know that there are way more advanced "macros" because I have seen too many kfm's never missing a single hit... wich is INHUMAN

>.< impossibru >.<

but now we'r talking about 1 class that can avoid pretty much everything u throw at it and cc master now how do you beat that class in it's own game?

4 hours ago, Dotimus said:

as elvenmad stated they said one press per SKILL, as "ss" is one skill this one might not be a problem for them.

on the other hand, if you for example use to change stance+ skill, that might be a NO GO.

as change stance is already a skill.

SS macro is the only macro I can think of that would actually be good at all times. Removing that little double step pause and get instant SS (with macro) is game changing and I wish there was a definitive statement on if this is permitted or not. I would create and use this if it were (huge bm buff), a instant ss into 5 point is / would be much more lethal than the stutter step (ha ha, I know wtf you are trying to do) move we have now. 

Also, SS changes stances from normal to draw stance for BMs. 

They directly said in last live stream that rebinding keys is allowed with 3rd party softwares.

For example

Switching S to mouse 4 is fine

Making macro like this pressing mouse 4 would send S+S with one press would be not "cool"

But truthfully speaking i really doubt they would ban or detect players doing this.

One thing that i started wondering is because they said 1 keystroke = one action is fine how about making macro like this

When ever i press mouse 4 once it presses F but at the same time it switches mouse 4 to 1 so when i repress mouse 4 it would send 1 and switch back to F.

So initially it does not break their rules because one keystroke = one action. Its diffrent from pressing only once when macro performs several actions and player would be pressing same key for each action

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

"one button press has to correspond to one action only, and even pressing SS is two actions so it needs to be two button presses because that's how the developers intended it"

Custom support says different:

3ccf322639ea599405f9a0d67960fb6c.png

Archived