Forums

Are they legal or illegal to use?

I am talking about the macro usage you can get via razer synapse or roccat software etc .

For example doing BW for a hour spamming 2 or 3 buttons gets tiring and also plays havoc on fingers etc.

So i would like to no if this is a way to get banned or is it allowed.

Sorry if this has already been answered in previous posts,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Originally they said things like "use your best judgement" and all kinds of vague stuff like "yeah well you can't go make coffee while your character is leveling, and yeah, you should use your best ju

What are you even talking about?  You can use macros and "press buttons every time you use a skill".   When they go from statements like :   Anyone has the right to question w

NO, on the reply you never read the word MACRO, you only read BINDING. https://youtu.be/g_FSg3i6QyM?t=3887   here they say that even S+S on a single key/mouse click can be "bad for your

1 minute ago, Sceptre said:

I am talking about the macro usage you can get via razer synapse or roccat software etc .

For example doing BW for a hour spamming 2 or 3 buttons gets tiring and also plays havoc on fingers etc.

Originally they said things like "use your best judgement" and all kinds of vague stuff like "yeah well you can't go make coffee while your character is leveling, and yeah, you should use your best judgement or you might get banned", but in a recent stream they flat out said:

"one button press has to correspond to one action only, and even pressing SS is two actions so it needs to be two button presses because that's how the developers intended it"

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Originally they said things like "use your best judgement" and all kinds of vague stuff like "yeah well you can't go make coffee while your character is leveling, and yeah, you should use your best judgement or you might get banned", but in a recent stream they flat out said:

"one button press has to correspond to one action only, and even pressing SS is two actions so it needs to be two button presses because that's how the developers intended it"

Thats the official word now?  It would be realllly nice if they werent all over the place with this statement : / Or  mod could just flat out tell us on the forums where their stance on macros are.  I dont even use them, but, its not fair for the people who do, to get banned when they are flip flopping their statements.

3 minutes ago, Dowra said:

Thats the official word now?  It would be realllly nice if they werent all over the place with this statement : / Or  mod could just flat out tell us on the forums where their stance on macros are.  I dont even use them, but, its not fair for the people who do, to get banned when they are flip flopping their statements.

The last sentence was a quote from their twitch stream, and it came from the same guy who said the first two blurred lines. Since that's the last word we've had, I'm assuming that's the actual version they're going by.

37 minutes ago, Enhance said:

26 minutes ago, Dowra said:

... well, if you are not clicking/pressing buttons/keys every time you use a skill it can be considered automation ( aka botting ).

again, as they said.... use your best judgement .

no one here reads the TOS?

Just now, Dotimus said:

... well, if you are not clicking/pressing buttons/keys every time you use a skill it can be considered automation ( aka botting ).

again, as they said.... use your best judgement .

no one here reads the TOS?

What are you even talking about?  You can use macros and "press buttons every time you use a skill".

When they go from statements like :

3ccf322639ea599405f9a0d67960fb6c.png

Anyone has the right to question what can and cannot be used.  Throw out the ToS line in a thread that doesnt have conflicting statements buddy.

@Enhance  I too, am going to use that as the official stance. Sadly, Anyone else who didnt watch the stream will have to get the update from random posts, like I did from you lol.

macro's and scripts to link Skills is bannable, any 'automated' gameplay is bannable, 

Basic rule is  one physical button press activates one skill , so using any method were one button press activates more than one skill or activates a combo etc is bannable

7 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

macro's and scripts to link Skills is bannable, any 'automated' gameplay is bannable, 

Basic rule is  one physical button press activates one skill , so using any method were one button press activates more than one skill or activates a combo etc is bannable

@Dowra

this, i didnt said you cant click/ press for a skill, i said you must not use automation as some mouse software lets you do, like "press 1 + wait 10ms + press2"

Edited by Dotimus
16 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

this, i didnt said you cant click/ press for a skill, i said you must not use automation as some mouse software lets you do, like "press 1 + wait 10ms + press2"

Well bassically this game is 'supposed' to be entirely Skill based and was designed to be played as it is by default settings, re-assigning key bindings to another key is designed to be allowed any thing else from there on is completely a very 'grey area' and like they have clearly stated you do so at your own risk

In short anything you do which 'could' give you a advantage over someone playing with default settings is a cheat and bannable.

I dont think you will ever get a official complete statement from NC concerning this has at the moment it works very well for themselves, they can do what they want, can ban for what ever they want and dont even have to get a reason why, it  is clearly stated in the ToS they can ban a account as and when they wish to do so without reason whether you have spent money , paid a sub or what ever they still have the right to stop you from access to their service anytime they wish, that is pretty much standard practice with any online game.

Edited by Elvenmad
10 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

they can ban a account as and when they wish to do so without reason

a bit of a correction, what is there is:

yes they can ban a account as and when they wish to do,

but,

its not written without reason, its at their sole discretion and that they don't need to tell you the reason.

the wording is a bit different, even if in practice is mostly the same :D

Edited by Dotimus
1 minute ago, Dotimus said:

a bit of a correction, what is there is:

yes they can ban a account as and when they wish to do,

but,

its not written without reason, its as their sole discretion and that they don't need to tell you the reason.

the wording is a bit different, even if in practice is mostly the same :D

well, yes, but , you got to remember you are using their service and they offer it for you to use free, they have no obligations at all and you do not own or have any rights to use their service, it is 100% at their discretion. 

As you say it is cleaver wording that does not really mean anything direct except for the fact they can just end the service as and when they wish without notice

from my knowledge as long as u need to be present for the macro its fine.

Ie... i press a button which simulates a series of keys once or as long as the button is pressed. 

However the illegal ones would be like...

I set my macro on "Toggle" so i can walk away while the thing is auto atking a corner where a enemy mob spawns. 

Big difference is one requires u to be present, the other not so much... so i guess u can tell which one is illegal. 

2 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

Ie... i press a button which simulates a series of keys once or as long as the button is pressed. 

However the illegal ones would be like...

I set my macro on "Toggle" so i can walk away while the thing is auto atking a corner where a enemy mob spawns. 

Big difference is one requires u to be present, the other not so much... so i guess u can tell which one is illegal. 

and there is where you are entering a gray area, you could setup a macro to just combo a fight 100 ->0 on a press and then just go for a coffee....

Edited by Dotimus
6 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

No , i cant find the post they made, but they clearly stated ONE button press activates ONE skill only whether held down or not anything else is automated gameplay

Like I said above:   In short anything you do which 'could' give you a advantage over someone playing with default settings is a cheat and bannable

Edited by Elvenmad

Get a keyboard or keypad with programmable firmware.  They exist (I own several).  Then just program whatever macros you want and flash them up to the firmware.  The input commands all appear to come directly from the hardware just like any other input because they are.  There's no software playing middleman and interpreting key presses into macro commands for you.  This makes it completely and permanently undetectable by GameGuard and any other crap malware NC wants to throw at you.  A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard as far as the software and operating system are concerned.  The only way they could stop this is to block all keyboard input and destroy their game in the process.

Edited by Profyrion

Ian replyed that S+S bound is considered ok. 

That is a series of keys.  

Walking away to get coffee goes under the exception of not being in front of the computer when marco is going off, hence that is illegal.  

Edited by Naekuh
3 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

Get a keyboard or keypad with programmable hardware.  They exist (I own several).  Then just program whatever macros you want.  The input commands all appear to come directly from the hardware just like any other input because they are.  There's no software playing middleman and interpreting key presses into macro commands for you.  This makes it completely and permanently undetectable by GameGuard and any other crap malware NC wants to throw at you.  A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard as far as the software and operating system are concerned.  They only way they could stop this is to block all keyboard input and destroy their game in the process.

you actually dont even need to do that you can reassign your mouse/keyboard keys and make them do scripted commands just using default windows and word pad its no big thing, fact is though you are cheating on how the game is supposed to be played

Edited by Elvenmad

Didn't a bunch of KFM players on the leaderboard get banned a few weeks ago? For using macros

Also a lot of people with Razer mouses get banned for 'macros'

I just wish the game would allow me to bind functions to mouse4 and 5

1 hour ago, Sceptre said:

They are legal since bots use them

Just now, Elvenmad said:

you actually dont even need to do that you can reassign your mouse keys and make them do scripted commands just using default windows and word pad its no big thing, fact is though you are cheating on how the game is supposed to be played

I never said it wasn't cheating.  It could be, depending on how you use it.  I'm not encouraging anyone to cheat, but if it's a question of macros, the safest route is to use programmable hardware because it's undetectable.  If you're doing something in Windows that's going to show up on your list of processes and get flagged by GameGuard (or whatever), then NC has the evidence (however fickle) it needs to ban you for botting.  If it's all happening in hardware/firmware and just passing standard scan codes as keyboard inputs then they have nothing.  You can't ban someone on the grounds that they used a keyboard.

9 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

Get a keyboard or keypad with programmable firmware.  They exist (I own several).  Then just program whatever macros you want and flash them up to the firmware.  The input commands all appear to come directly from the hardware just like any other input because they are.  There's no software playing middleman and interpreting key presses into macro commands for you.  This makes it completely and permanently undetectable by GameGuard and any other crap malware NC wants to throw at you.  A keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard as far as the software and operating system are concerned.  The only way they could stop this is to block all keyboard input and destroy their game in the process.

AND those are easy to identify... why you ask, because of the timing.

5 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

you actually dont even need to do that you can reassign your mouse/keyboard keys and make them do scripted commands just using default windows and word pad its no big thing, fact is though you are cheating on how the game is supposed to be played

this....

Edited by Dotimus
Just now, Dotimus said:

AND those are easy to identify... why you ask, because of the timing.

this....

I guess you've never heard of a pause character.  Besides, who's to say I can't type that fast?  Are you familiar with APM?

8 minutes ago, Naekuh said:

Ian replyed that S+S bound is considered ok. 

That is a series of keys.  

as elvenmad stated they said one press per SKILL, as "ss" is one skill this one might not be a problem for them.

on the other hand, if you for example use to change stance+ skill, that might be a NO GO.

as change stance is already a skill.

4 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

.  If you're doing something in Windows that's going to show up on your list of processes and get flagged by GameGuard (or whatever), then NC has the evidence (however fickle) it needs to ban you for botting.  

No, windows does that all the time, it is part of windows itself to understand when you press a mouse or key what process  it needs to do it does not show in any lists of processes because it is part of windows itself, just like it is doing now while you are typing

Edited by Elvenmad
3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

No, windows does that all the time, it is part of windows itself to understand when you press a mouse or key what process  it needs to do it does not show in any lists of processes because it is part of windows itself, just like it is doing now while you are typing

You said "word pad"...  Are you under the impression that Wordpad is part of the Windows kernel?  That's the part of your post I was addressing.  Yes, I know you can reassign keys and buttons (to some extent) in the Windows control panel.