Suggestion: An option to hide the weapon when out-combat

Alysha Hawkeye

I would rather see my characters magically pull out of their weapons from thin-air, then see them get clipped painfully by these weapons.

Or... maybe NCSoft can make money by selling Invisible weapon skins? Bare-fist Kungfu Master, Force Master and Qi Master (in future) sounds good to me. Blade Mastser can go with 'Bladeless Samurai' theme, while Blade Dancer and Destroyer can continue to spin to win, just without blade or axe.

26 minutes ago, Perci said:

very interesting idea but maybe the player with the invisible weapon may have a slight advantage since you can't really see the weapons it might trip some people out

Weapon skins already hide the identity of a weapon though... so this point doesnt make sense oxo

2 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I would rather see my characters magically pull out of their weapons from thin-air, then see them get clipped painfully by these weapons.

Or... maybe NCSoft can make money by selling Invisible weapon skins? Bare-fist Kungfu Master, Force Master and Qi Master (in future) sounds good to me. Blade Mastser can go with 'Bladeless Samurai' theme, while Blade Dancer and Destroyer can continue to spin to win, just without blade or axe.

Kinda like this idea especially since my main is KFM and only skin that i found that's somehow decent looking is Silver Deva Gauntlet,it's small and it only covers upper fist part which suits almost all outfits more or less.

Don't know who designed gauntlets in this game but that person did a terrible job.

I doubt we will ever get hide weapon when out of combat option.

24 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Kinda like this idea especially since my main is KFM and only skin that i found that's somehow decent looking is Silver Deva Gauntlet,it's small and it only covers upper fist part which suits almost all outfits more or less.

Don't know who designed gauntlets in this game but that person did a terrible job.

I doubt we will ever get hide weapon when out of combat option.

Yeah, aside fro the Deva fists, most of the fist weapons here don't even look like weapons. The same could be said with any of the blade weapons and some of the destroyer's axes.

In Tera you have the option to get a cape and then the weapon is hidden. And this is exactly the purpose; as healer, I want to keep my class hidden as long as possible (in PvP).

My female Jin characters are a bit smaller and the dagger/razor looks like a sword on them.

Plus having trained Gong-Fu myself (well, only 2 years) makes the KFM look weird. You dont wear some weird spiky bracelets; having no weapon is the very sense of it. I surely understand that the weapon upgrade has to be in place as well as people want a visual. But couldn't they made it a decent Shuko and not some Wolverine claws instead?

• 1 year later...

Hey, I know this topic is quite old by now. But I really would like to see an option to hide weapons when out of combat.

I would really like it just from a cosmetic point of view. Those huge hair dryer pistols block the view on my characters nice posterior. So they could also make it so that the weapons are only invisible to you, but other players still see them.

Archived