4 man Dungeon Rewards = crap

Sinulgat

Hi at all,

I am sorry for the title and the harsh tone at start. But what can I say: "This is what grinds my gears" :D

Just went for the first time Naryu Lab. and must say what a disappointment! The rewards there are cheap... - The other part is Blackram Harbor ive been there allot of times and do that as a Daily routine too. But dang it.... The recipe for my class does not drop at all. Just had one lucky drop after xx Runs on one day and it was for a LBM (Lyn Blade Master)!

The other part why in such Dungeons cant there be a class specific drops!!! - Like if your group is BM + FM + SUM + AS the skill book can only drop for those classes - Plus that Item should be bind on equip and not trade-able. The Prices and Economy on the Marketplace reached such a high that ppl can never afford the item they seek... Not everybody has the RNG god on there side and i am very unlucky on that part. But that does not matter... My intention is: "If you want it you will earn it!" So if i have to farm to get it then i want the loot system to give me a chance to gain it and not random give me a kick in the ass.. for going in 40 - 100 times over and never drop!!! Plus the added Random element of other players that can bid on the item as well...

For example if you are very unlucky and your Random Team sees a recipe drop they can still out bid you because they could make money out of it!!! Dont count on fair players on that loot system... Have seen how ppl can be very unpolite and even aggressive if that drop is needed for someone in the group!!!

Maybe im to nice and not cut our for this sort of game. But if i can help someone get better and vise versa ill feel good about it! But there is too much greed ingame that makes this impossible to manage.

In conclusion:

Rewards are bad!

Too high RNG for difficulty setting unrewarding!

Make specific Items - Class oriented and Bind on Equip

Drops/Loot for Classes that participate in the dungeon

Best regards

Sinulgat aka Sigma

Well other then the books the rewards are imo not THAT crazy, only reason i see to do 4 mans is 1 if u want the challenge 2 if u got some friends and wanna run 4 man with only urselves and 3 if u actually want the specific drops from 4 man other then that theres really no other reason toow

47 minutes ago, Shadowzzl said:

Do you want a book to drop on every single run?,that's not gonna happen,this is a grndiy game,if you don't like to grind for gear,you're playing the wrong game.

Hahahaha - Nope - Read before you post 1st m8 ^^

I have written that the dops needed to be class specific! I dont mind to grind it is just unrewarding that things can drop from other classes that are not even in the group. ;)

Best regards

Sin.

17 hours ago, Shadowzzl said:

Do you want a book to drop on every single run?,that's not gonna happen,this is a grindy game,if you don't like to grind for gear,you're playing the wrong game.

That's not a point thou,there are people who did around 120-150 BSH 4 man runs with skill book drop only 1-2 times,doing any dungeon that many times requires lots of free time,if you have social life +job i seriously doubt a person can afford or let alone is willing to do any dungeon 100+times knowing that it can just never drop lol.

Even people who play 24/7 give up on farming outfits or skill books cause it's just a waste of time,it's actually far far easier and faster to farm 100+ gold and buy certain skill book then wasting time to farm it,and that's just wrong lol.

16 hours ago, Sinulgat said:

I have written that the dops needed to be class specific! I dont mind to grind it is just unrewarding that things can drop from other classes that are not even in the group. ;)

Best regards

Sin.

Why class specific? If the book is for class that isn`t there just sell it and buy the one for your class. If the drop is class specific there will be groups of 4 BMs / BDs farming BSH because these books are most expensive and other classes will be screwed.

7 hours ago, DeadZeus said:

I dont like how costumes are untradable.. I mean.. if a costume like Wind god drops in a guild run.. who gets it... its easy for skillbooks but not for costumes

I like that they are untradeable so only ones who put some effort to gain it have them. It`s reward for doing extra content not for farming enough gold to buy them.

You blame the RNG of this game but you want the skill books to be untradeable?? Sorry but I can't understand that.

However, I can admit about the outbid. It would be cool if there's an option of "specific class can only loot specific class loot"

For example, let's think on a party like this:

KFM - FM - WL - SUMM (it doesn't have nothing to do with my party dreams :D)

The game can drop a BM skill book and everyone can bid it. However, if the drop is for WL only the WL can bid it (And if there's 2 WL in the team, both of them can bid it).

BTW, that's the RNG of this game. You have to deal with it. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not. For example my Boyfriend got his KFM legendary the first day and everyone on the party let it to him for 1 copper. However this doesn't happen often, sadly.

22 minutes ago, Riliane said:

KFM - FM - WL - SUMM (it doesn't have nothing to do with my party dreams :D)

The game can drop a BM skill book and everyone can bid it. However, if the drop is for WL only the WL can bid it (And if there's 2 WL in the team, both of them can bid it).

Nope. This will only be punishing for ppl who are not lucky enough to drop book for their class. You can agree to this system within static groups or with your friends, because they probably will help you get yours book when they got theirs but with PUG groups the situation is different.

If this system is forced then with static group you can agree to sell & split the gold when the book for someone who already have they legendary skill drops. But with PUG you can end up with litterally nothing after 1000 runs because the books that dropped was always for someone else in group.
With current system you will always get at least some gold when any books drop, so after enough run you can go and buy the book you needs.

3 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Nope. This will only be punishing for ppl who are not lucky enough to drop book for their class. You can agree to this system within static groups or with your friends, because they probably will help you get yours book when they got theirs but with PUG groups the situation is different.

If this system is forced then with static group you can agree to sell & split the gold when the book for someone who already have they legendary skill drops. But with PUG you can end up with litterally nothing after 1000 runs because the books that dropped was always for someone else in group.
With current system you will always get at least some gold when any books drop, so after enough run you can go and buy the book you needs.

Unless you want it for an alt I don't know how it will punish yourself.
However I forgot to mention to make it an Option and the majority of the party members needs to agree this. I think this would make the option for non-repeatedly class in X-sv more visible.

15 minutes ago, Riliane said:

Unless you want it for an alt I don't know how it will punish yourself.

I've made an example right in the post you are quoting.
But there is quick recap.

Situation: You are unlucky and the book drops always for another class.
Current system:
You get some gold each time the book drops. After enough runs you can buy the book for you from the gold you've earned this way.
Your suggested system:
You always get nothing and only thing you can do is keep running the dung and hope you will break your bad luck chain.

As an option it might works, but do you really need it as an option? You already can make a premade group where everyone agrees with this system.

On 3/13/2016 at 6:12 AM, Sinulgat said:

Best regards

Sin.

Um sell the drop for other classes and buy yours? Is that a difficult concept to understand?

People are getting bogged down in specifics, I really doubt NCSoft meant for skillbooks to be SO rare as to cost 400-500g or 100-200 dungeon runs.  The other point is that costumes in 4-man are WAY too rare, how is a 4 man group supposed to farm for them when I've literally gone 20-25 runs in a row without seeing a single costume drop when 3-5 are needed per dungeon per person and dungeons are coming out once every couple months.  Nobody is running Poh4 and Bsh4 anymore cause it is such a waste of time to farm for the costume due to drop rates.

On 14/3/2016 at 7:36 AM, Dlacik said:

I've made an example right in the post you are quoting.
But there is quick recap.

Situation: You are unlucky and the book drops always for another class.
Current system:
You get some gold each time the book drops. After enough runs you can buy the book for you from the gold you've earned this way.
Your suggested system:
You always get nothing and only thing you can do is keep running the dung and hope you will break your bad luck chain.

As an option it might works, but do you really need it as an option? You already can make a premade group where everyone agrees with this system.

I still don't understand you.

What I mean is to make the bid system exactly like it is now, with the simple difference that if the specific class is in the party, only him can bid it (And if there's two of the same class, both of them bid it to death, just like normal bid but without other people who isn't that class). Lots of games have this system alredy. If you are just another one of the people who like to bid it when you doesn't need it and there's alredy someone on the party of that class, well... shame on you. However, I still can't see how it can affect you if the party doesn't change change the option.

However this can be exploted too if the person who already have the legendary wants it, that's why I said to make it an OPTION for the party hud and the majority have to vote YES to change the bid system on that run/party, because it can be a double-edged sword.

EDIT: I think i understand you now. Well about that... the only thing i can say is: Do your dailies. If you have more than 1 character its enough and if you do not have it, its enough too. It will take even less time than just depend on other people bids.

Of course all this things can be ignored with clan mates or friends, however this can't be possible everytime. So...

Archived