Forums

So, that was short lived. Error 4049

Cintile

So you people choose to download files from someone who you don't even know. That's not very smart and by the way since you messed with the BnS files you just broke the TOS. If some how you end up getting banned don't complain about it and say you done nothing wrong.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

So you people choose to download files from someone who you don't even know. That's not very smart and by the way since you messed with the BnS files you just broke the TOS. If some how you end up getting banned don't complain about it and say you done nothing wrong.

To be honest noone is having any problems when GG is disabled its NC stubbornly refusing to admit defeat that this rootkit is only ANNOYING everyone and blocking their own players from playing their game. Noones really messing with the files either deleting a rootkit from your system doesnt count since the way it installs as it is, is rather shady anyways. You also have to remember that the only reason people are even editing or removing files in the first place is BECAUSE of Gameguard.

Fact is this rootkit is the source for a lot of the problems people have and every single time its been switched on over the last month its led to people getting nyerked off, unable to play, suffering interference in their systems and while all of this is going on........ botters gonna bot. It shows up the sheer fact that gameguard is doing feck all and once again living up to its reputation as a intrustive invasive rootkit. The fact that it doesnt shut down completely with the game and you need to restart your system to stop it is proof of this.

Just wish they would admit defeat with this junkware and instead of wasting time on a tried and failed approach that they work on things like server based cheat detection and countermeasures that dont rely on a client end detection.

2 minutes ago, Raiya said:

To be honest noone is having any problems when GG is disabled its NC stubbornly refusing to admit defeat that this rootkit is only ANNOYING everyone and blocking their own players from playing their game. Noones really messing with the files either deleting a rootkit from your system doesnt count since the way it installs as it is, is rather shady anyways. You also have to remember that the only reason people are even editing or removing files in the first place is BECAUSE of Gameguard.

Fact is this rootkit is the source for a lot of the problems people have and every single time its been switched on over the last month its led to people getting nyerked off, unable to play, suffering interference in their systems and while all of this is going on........ botters gonna bot. It shows up the sheer fact that gameguard is doing feck all and once again living up to its reputation as a intrustive invasive rootkit. The fact that it doesnt shut down completely with the game and you need to restart your system to stop it is proof of this.

Just wish they would admit defeat with this junkware and instead of wasting time on a tried and failed approach that they work on things like server based cheat detection and countermeasures that dont rely on a client end detection.

I been playing BnS since Jan and not once had issues with the game not running. Why not contact support and do the right way and not by downloading files from some random guy. Doing so could put your account at risk even if the intentions is good.

Over the years I played many F2P games that used gameguard and never once had a issue with it. If NCsoft wants to use gameguard then that is their right to do so. Your only option if you dislike the way NCsoft does things is by not playing anymore.

13 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

I been playing BnS since Jan and not once had issues with the game not running. Why not contact support and do the right way and not by downloading files from some random guy. Doing so could put your account at risk even if the intentions is good.

Over the years I played many F2P games that used gameguard and never once had a issue with it. If NCsoft wants to use gameguard then that is their right to do so. Your only option if you dislike the way NCsoft does things is by not playing anymore.

You might have not had problems but that doesnt mean others dont. The fact is GG is intrusive, agressive, it actually interferes with peoples systems and legitimate programs and its unpredictable. It might not interfere with your system but it can cause havoc on other peoples. I remember the version they were using back when aion was in beta it caused MURDER to the point I had to basically get a .ddl file off fyyre's site to disable it and actually play the game because it was interfering with my G13 keypad and killing the software. Its one thing to have a monitor that watches interactions with the game (blizzards warden is an example), its a whole different thing ballgame when its rootkit thats actually INTERFERING with legitimate programs on your system. Hell its killing skype for some people for christs sake.

You can argue its their right to use GG but its players right to block it from their systems expecially if its detrimental. What further undermines its usefulness is even with it active the bots are still botting anyways thus negating the point of having it there in the 1st place. Not playing isnt the only option theres those that will either find a way to disable it outright or if they stop playing they hit NC with chargebacks on account of the said rootkit in the 1st place. Not really worth having something like GG if its COSTING you players rather than keeping them.

53 minutes ago, Raiya said:

You might have not had problems but that doesnt mean others dont. The fact is GG is intrusive, agressive, it actually interferes with peoples systems and legitimate programs and its unpredictable. It might not interfere with your system but it can cause havoc on other peoples. I remember the version they were using back when aion was in beta it caused MURDER to the point I had to basically get a .ddl file off fyyre's site to disable it and actually play the game because it was interfering with my G13 keypad and killing the software. Its one thing to have a monitor that watches interactions with the game (blizzards warden is an example), its a whole different thing ballgame when its rootkit thats actually INTERFERING with legitimate programs on your system. Hell its killing skype for some people for christs sake.

You can argue its their right to use GG but its players right to block it from their systems expecially if its detrimental. What further undermines its usefulness is even with it active the bots are still botting anyways thus negating the point of having it there in the 1st place. Not playing isnt the only option theres those that will either find a way to disable it outright or if they stop playing they hit NC with chargebacks on account of the said rootkit in the 1st place. Not really worth having something like GG if its COSTING you players rather than keeping them.

So people choose to break the agreement that people accepted when first logging in. Try looking at it next time you log in.

By downloading files from random people off the internet you could infect your PC with a virus. Even files just as a DLL can be infected with a virus. You might as well start opening file attachments people sends you though email.

Same old cycle...

NC activates gameguard, suddenly a ton of folks can't log in, those that can have massive performance issues and the bots/hackers are still botting/hacking.

NC deactivates gameguard...

etc. etc. etc.

You can't polish a turd NC, drop GG and use the money for a few more support staff to monitor the servers.

34 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

By downloading files from random people off the internet you could infect your PC with a virus. Even files just as a DLL can be infected with a virus. You might as well start opening file attachments people sends you though email.

They've taken it down now, but not long ago the B&S Ops Twitter account (official) was pointing people to this page: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205450906-Game-Guard-Errors which was recommending folks download an older version of GG someone had randomly uploaded.

Now, instead, they're just suggesting you disable your anti-virus...

11 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Same old cycle...

NC activates gameguard, suddenly a ton of folks can't log in, those that can have massive performance issues and the bots/hackers are still botting/hacking.

NC deactivates gameguard...

etc. etc. etc.

You can't polish a turd NC, drop GG and use the money for a few more support staff to monitor the servers.

They've taken it down now, but not long ago the B&S Ops Twitter account (official) was pointing people to this page: https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/205450906-Game-Guard-Errors which was recommending folks download an older version of GG someone had randomly uploaded.

Now, instead, they're just suggesting you disable your anti-virus...

My self I would never trust files that some random person uploaded. It's just asking for trouble as the files could be infected. I do computer repair as a hobby for extra spending money as I'm on a fixed income.  I'm well known in our small town for doing computer repair. I lost count how people times I removed infected files off peoples computer. Cause people choosen to download files from some random guy off the internet.

I fixed our towns office computer once cause they downloaded something they should not have. They ended up having all sorts of nasty things going on with the computer. This one 80 year old lady came in to pay her water bill and all most had a heart attack cause what she seen what was going on the screen.

I been working with so called computers for 34 years ever since the TI-99/4A. 

2 minutes ago, TheBlazz said:

My self I would never trust files that some random person uploaded. It's just asking for trouble as the files could be infected. I do computer repair as a hobby for extra spending money as I'm on a fixed income.  I'm well known in our small town for doing computer repair. I lost count how people times I removed infected files off peoples computer. Cause people choosen to download files from some random guy off the internet.

I fixed our towns office computer once cause they downloaded something they should not have. They ended up having all sorts of nasty things going on with the computer. This one 80 year old lady came in to pay her water bill and all most had a heart attack cause what she seen what was going on the screen.

I been working with so called computers for 34 years ever since the TI-99/4A. 

Thanks for the history lesson pops.

13 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Thanks for the history lesson pops.

If the person's choice of antivirus software is keeping the gameguard / blade and soul from running. You don't have fully disable the antivirus software just add a directory exemption to the antivirus software and point it to the main DIR of BnS.

Just now, TheBlazz said:

If the person's choice of antivirus software is keeping the gameguard / blade and soul from running. You don't have fully disable the antivirus software just add a directory exemption to the antivirus software and point it to the main DIR of BnS.

True in some cases, occasionally GG detects the anti-virus as a memory modifier, macro utility (think safekey) or somesuch - much like it was doing with the... razer(?) drivers not too long ago. In those cases an exception in the AV for GG won't do anything, the AV has to be completely unloaded from memory or GG will trip.

i got that error too, but the i try disabling my antivirus, firewall, anti malware and anti spyware program. and also i disable my mouse binding software (razer), and somehow that solved the problem and i can play just fine :)

12 hours ago, TheBlazz said:

Hey im the guy who posted the file on this thread. I would like to point out that this is a temporary fix and when ncsoft release a fixed version the files will be checked then replaced with the working ncsoft ones. Also in the support for this error ncsoft tells you to mess with the files so all should be fine.

The real question is, if Gameguard is so good, why should players turn off antivirus? I mean, why should I leave my machine exposed to any kind of threats just so GG can run? And also, why does it keep running for 3 minutes after you close the game? I have made it a habit to wait those 3 minutes before going on my browser or using anything that needs a password just because GG has a keylogger and I won't even let my family have my passwords, let alone GG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived