So, that was short lived. Error 4049

Cintile

So yesterday, I downloaded this game, played it, fell in love with it. Played 8 hours straight. This morning.. The client wont work. Getting error 4049. I even uninstalled the game and re downloaded. Same crap.  Is there a quick fix or should I just move on? Dont want to sound grumpy, but I hate starting a game, then spending endless hours troubleshooting just to play the thing.  

Help Please...!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i played it just fine myself  yesterday

raged and rage quit after dumping 20 keys and not getting deva weapon got back then raged  and dumped 60+ more keys  and got the  weapon with the very last key after i filed a customer support ticket in rage, (dont i look stupid now)

and today  i cant even launch the game as gameguard crashes with the 4049 error  as well

You are not the only one i tried to remove Gameguard and it did not help what so ever it is somthing to do with gameguard trying to open blade and soul logo but, it was total fine around 8am to 12 am i just got out of shower and now this Rip oO

21 minutes ago, Cintile said:

So yesterday, I downloaded this game, played it, fell in love with it. Played 8 hours straight. This morning.. The client wont work. Getting error 4049. I even uninstalled the game and re downloaded. Same crap.  Is there a quick fix or should I just move on? Dont want to sound grumpy, but I hate starting a game, then spending endless hours troubleshooting just to play the thing.  

Help Please...!

That error is quite common.

All you gotta do is go to your game folder and delete the Gameguard folder. Relaunch, allow gameguard to re-download and install and you're good to go :D

2 minutes ago, LuciferSynd said:

That error is quite common.

All you gotta do is go to your game folder and delete the Gameguard folder. Relaunch, allow gameguard to re-download and install and you're good to go :D

Mate please it dont work just did it xD

Just now, LuciferSynd said:

It worked just fine for me when it happened to me o.O

Try to delete the folder, restart and then go for it again...

LOl gameguard need to be renamed somthing else for 50% of the time it dont work xD

7 minutes ago, oonoo oo said:

You are not alone, im in a skype call right now with 3 of my friends. We are all getting the same problem and have tried everything suggested. It is affecting so many people so they should have it fixed soon.

Yeah i hope so as i am so dam close to get to level 45 on a new character :/

2 minutes ago, Fiberstaden said:

Got the exact same problem and it dont work to remove the gameguard folder restart router and clean dns

could you please remove this CrapGuard since its only hurting legit players.

Yeah and it even dont stop hackers and cheaters and botting wtf lol xD

4 minutes ago, oonoo oo said:

Go into your BnS bin and delete just the GameGuard folder and replace it with this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/izgmvbkf3kgi61j/GameGuard.03.09.zip

Then load the game and it will work.

uhh ok it does work. However mind explaining whats going it mate? I haven't seen an update and haven't touch my files and such and yet I get such error. Explanation would be highly appreciated. And thank you, thank you for the files! manage to log in now.

13 minutes ago, Reyfer said:

If you didn't notice, all of Friday and Saturday Gameguard was disabled on the client, and nobody had issues, today it is enabled again, and people start having issues.....isn't that interesting?

Wait for real oO

2 minutes ago, 893430_1452550592 said:

That didn't work for me.

The last time this happened, it was mainly an issue for people on Windows 8/10. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit and the problem's returned again.

Yeah i do also have problem but i think i am going to wait for ncsoft to write me a mail to see what is going on.

10 minutes ago, Steen said:

Yeah i do also have problem but i think i am going to wait for ncsoft to write me a mail to see what is going on.

Ncsoft is working on it as we speak also 

Please keep in mind this workaround is not an approved NCSOFT workaround and if you choose to use the steps posted in the above link that you do so at your own risk.

I got from them so use at your own risk with the workaround?

I really love the game. It sucks that this happened. But if I can't get this error client thing to go away. I will be uninstalling this piece of crap. Thats what a game is when you can't even play it, its just taking up space on my hard drive at this point. I will not recommend this game purely for the fact of bed development. From what I can gather this happening to a number of premium players and incredulously there is no fix to it.

Damn this game got me hooked :D

since today's windows update I was getting error 4049 when trying to run the game... tried every single solution suggestion I found via google and what finally helped was this thread!

Thanks for that fixed gameguard.zip!!

Archived