hacked.. bank account cleaned out!!!

tatty

Just now, Bezerko said:

You do realize that the op is talking about his real life bank account that got hacked, right?  They cleaned his RL bank account out of RL money.  Not gold in the game.

yes im aware,luckily my friend didnt link his paypal account or credit card on his ncsoft account. if yes,they would have done the same thing to him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, clavinova said:

yes im aware,luckily my friend didnt link his paypal account or credit card on his ncsoft account. if yes,they would have done the same thing to him.

Oh okay.  Just checking.

To the op - it sucks that your bank can't give you a provisional credit.  I'm actually a little surprised to be honest.

This type of problems  will  happen more and more often than  you think,  be ready   to lose a lot with NCsoft  they have a lot of weak security  layers, the bots are a simptom of that lack of security,  a hacker can  hack your ncsoft accounts by hacking the email,   also  never trust   them  with money, never buy directly from  site services, better go  with paypal if it's an option   or amazon as someone else said 

Just now, Negaimu said:

Where do you check to see if your payment information is stored on the site? Strangely enough I cant find it either lol

I just received a response from support asking this question.  Basically, the only way to check or unlink your credit card information is to send in a support ticket for billing.

Let me get something straight you wont do anything with that IP. Its either VPN / proxy and in these cases its 99.99% certain that you wont be able to catch culprit. You can wish what ever you want but thats the truth

If no one mentioned it yet, try this: 

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/206337065

Also, there's a limit in how much NCoin you can buy at once so you can't have had that much money in the account(might have been much for you, of course).

The limit is there to prevent things like this from happening. You can search the forum for "NCoin limit" and see many threads where people have bumped into the limit and can't buy more for 24 hours.

OP so your account had a ton of ncoins on it now? If so then having the account banned permanently shouldnt be an option. Support can have the email changed. 

I too have my card info tied to my account but my card is monitored vigilently by my bank. Purchases go though without confirmation but more than 1 purchase in a span of 24hrs you have to call them or else if you try they put the card on lockdown.

OP has to clean this shit up, get back the account with all that ncoin, get rid of that card and change banks or card being used for online purchasing. No offence op but your bank's authentication and anti fraud methods are a piece of shit. 

Also, are you sure its not someone you know in your country that knows your account ID and pw? Cause if they do and the card info is attached to the account.....well...you know the rest.

scenarios like this are realy one of many reasons i dont own a credit card, aside from the fact we europeans dont realy use credit cards like the americans do.. 

still this realy sucks and i hope you get everything sorted out 

Sounds like you need to drop that bank on its bum, and get a new one with better security measures.

After reading all of this thread, not particularly keen on putting in my cc information at all. Is there a way to purchase prepaid game cards or something in the US?

11 minutes ago, Phyx said:

Sounds like you need to drop that bank on its bum, and get a new one with better security measures.

After reading all of this thread, not particularly keen on putting in my cc information at all. Is there a way to purchase prepaid game cards or something in the US?

Not only in the US and not just prepaid game cards...

Other countries have prepaid visa/mastercards where u go to the issuing bank, make a deposit and youre able to use that deposit amount anywhere in the world or anywhere online that accepts visa/mastercard. I have one I use when I have to travel on behalf of employer.

After sleeping on it I feel a little better, I'm sure the bank will refund the charges, there's going to be some minor annoyances in the mean time, need to get prepaids to take care of some bills that were do this week but that's alright. Im having trouble contacting ncsofts support, the link on the page doesnt seem to be doing anything.

I still can't get online with my account, I was able to change the password and have it stay that way but for some reason my pin doesnt work no matter how many times i change it. Not that I really care to get online, I'm curious to see how much of my stuff is gone.

as far as what happend with the ncoin, on the ncsoft page im only showing a balance of 64 coins so my guess is they were converting it to gold, and transferring to another account, who knows. I don't really care what they did with it. I'm not trying to be a negative person  but once this is resolved its goodby ncsoft. I have zero desire to play another game with them. why would I after this? too stressfull. Yes there are other measures I could have taken to avoid this but to me.. I don't know, its a game, Should i really have to be super paranoid while playing it? Kind of defeats the point of gaming to me.

oh well.

7 hours ago, JennyRex said:

Wishing you luck in sorting this out, got a knot in MY stomach just reading about it

total agree wtf i am glad that i mailed Ncsoft about this and they said i need to give the last 4 number so they can remove it from their system.... there is no way to self remove it but they are working on it to let us remove it our self... 

8 minutes ago, tatty said:

After sleeping on it I feel a little better, I'm sure the bank will refund the charges, there's going to be some minor annoyances in the mean time, need to get prepaids to take care of some bills that were do this week but that's alright. Im having trouble contacting ncsofts support, the link on the page doesnt seem to be doing anything.

I still can't get online with my account, I was able to change the password and have it stay that way but for some reason my pin doesnt work no matter how many times i change it. Not that I really care to get online, I'm curious to see how much of my stuff is gone.

as far as what happend with the ncoin, on the ncsoft page im only showing a balance of 64 coins so my guess is they were converting it to gold, and transferring to another account, who knows. I don't really care what they did with it. I'm not trying to be a negative person  but once this is resolved its goodby ncsoft. I have zero desire to play another game with them. why would I after this? too stressfull. Yes there are other measures I could have taken to avoid this but to me.. I don't know, its a game, Should i really have to be super paranoid while playing it? Kind of defeats the point of gaming to me.

oh well.

I agree that is why i always use extra password over my fone and never connect it to the net either really.

How the hell isnt there some sort of limit on how much you can purchase in a month?  Usually its around 200 dollars. After that, you can still used prepaid but, using a credit card for direct payment, is prevented for 30days.

Just now, MilkeTea said:

RIP me too can't go on with my password alfter i change it all my gold are gone and my outfit is Salvage just don know how the fk they got on ppl account i did not go to any of those goldseller website and i still got hack

Question did you have authentication activated?

RIP me too can't go on with my password alfter i change it all my gold are gone and my outfit is Salvage just don know how the fk they got on ppl account i did not go to any of those goldseller website and i still got hack

1 minute ago, MilkeTea said:

Wow you did oO i just changed mine and i dont have problem what so ever lol but sorry to hear that mate :(

36 minutes ago, Dowra said:

How the hell isnt there some sort of limit on how much you can purchase in a month?  Usually its around 200 dollars. After that, you can still used prepaid but, using a credit card for direct payment, is prevented for 30days.

There is a limted on how much you can buy

Your description of happening was convincing enough to check my own bank account too, but even if that would be the case, All outgoing transaction are behind a keypair, which I gladly only happen to have as a physical slip.

You have my condolences OP, but I have optimism this damage is not irreversible.

3 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

Your description of happening was convincing enough to check my own bank account too, but even if that would be the case, All outgoing transaction are behind a keypair, which I gladly only happen to have as a physical slip.

You have my condolences OP, but I have optimism this damage is not irreversible.

Yeah i even checked my own back and put higher password on it also, plus changed pass, also dont put your mobil on the internet as hacker can hack into your mobil :/

How did this happen? Did you use some suspicious 3d party program or service? If so how in the world would you do such thing on a bank connected account? It's obvious that once they get your account they'll go for the email and spend as much as they can ingame and trade to some other account. It's called scam, it's 2016 and people still don't use pre-paid on internet?
I'm sorry for you but I'm sure you should've been more cautious. This sorta stuff happens 99% of the time because of naiveness.
Call your bank or go in person. And please get a pre-paid. 

for the record DONT USE UNVERIFIED THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR PROGRAMS. 

1 minute ago, Jacknub said:

How did this happen? Did you use some suspicious 3d party program or service? If so how in the world would you do such thing on a bank connected account? It's obvious that once they get your account they'll go for the email and spend as much as they can ingame and trade to some other account. It's called scam, it's 2016 and people still don't use pre-paid on internet?
I'm sorry for you but I'm sure you should've been more cautious. This sorta stuff happens 99% of the time because of naiveness.
Call your bank or go in person. And please get a pre-paid. 

for the record DONT USE UNVERIFIED THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR PROGRAMS. 

This, 

He wasn't hacked but gotten his card information stolen using illegal services.

6 minutes ago, Jacknub said:

it's 2016 and people still don't use pre-paid on internet?

To be rational, using credit card or direct transaction is quite safe even in this day and age, provided one has done their basic research about the processors and methods.

Just now, TheRealElvis said:

To be rational, using credit card or direct transaction is quite safe even in this day and age, provided one has done their basic research about the processors and methods.

Yeah and Ncsoft is working on let us remove the credit card info from our account on our own instead of having ncsoft doing it :/ 

Archived