Ncsoft, when you make it hard for players to earn ingame currency you promote bots and gold sellers

SinisterSin

1 hour ago, StalowaKura said:

Geared 45 level player can farm up to 40 + gold a day - to be geared player you need to play like 8 h day without breaks or invest lots and lots of real money in rng boxes etc and even then you need play time like 2 / 3 h a day. Or you can be hardcore pvp pro but system is the same. Upgrading in this game is very expensive and it will be only worse on level 50. This game is not for casuals that play 1 or 2 h a day and like to hang out near pigsty or do 2 pvp daily. Welcome to korean mmo grind feast at its finnest were only strong will survive ; ) Peace and chill

Oh yes, if you only play 8 h day?  LOL  Do some of you not have jobs?

I work so it would be hard for me to spend 8 hours out of my day playing a digital game for currency like that.  In addition I have a family.  

But yea, sure, you can make as much gold as you want if you have no job and no life and can play 8 hours a day or more.  No doubt.  LOL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, one hour a day isn't a big deal as far as entertainment goes. What you're expecting is some sort of raid-quality rewards where you put in the time for like 3 hours at a time and get rewarded a bunch of things for the week. However, these aren't raids that we're doing; they're dailies. Don't expect to be able to get a whole lot from something that you're supposed to do "daily." And even with the dailies, you can earn at least 2G in one hour, then take some time on weekends (perhaps 3 hours in a day) to do BSH, Poh, Mushin's Tower, and whatever other dailies to get you 7-10G. Remember that this is a Korean game, and Korean gamers are willing to put in the time to grind dailies and such.

9 minutes ago, Aluvis said:

Seriously, one hour a day isn't a big deal as far as entertainment goes. What you're expecting is some sort of raid-quality rewards where you put in the time for like 3 hours at a time and get rewarded a bunch of things for the week. However, these aren't raids that we're doing; they're dailies. Don't expect to be able to get a whole lot from something that you're supposed to do "daily." And even with the dailies, you can earn at least 2G in one hour, then take some time on weekends (perhaps 3 hours in a day) to do BSH, Poh, Mushin's Tower, and whatever other dailies to get you 7-10G. Remember that this is a Korean game, and Korean gamers are willing to put in the time to grind dailies and such.

While I agree, 1 hour a day is not really that bad, I think the mentality of "this is a Korean game" is flawed. True, it started in Korea, however, when you bring a game over and Westernize it, you should focus on the NA version of the game and cater to English speaking players, who btw, hate grinding for the most part. The bot situation is getting worse. I have screen shots of accounts with characters that have "bot" names like ghjk, tghj etc, and they appear in a multi-box like state. 

Also, and this might be one of the most important things to mention here, bots do promote gold selling/buying gold from other players using NCOIN. Basically, in order for players to stay caught up gear wise, they either have to sink a ton of time into grinding and farming, which not everyone has time for because we have real jobs and real lives, or they have to buy NCOIN and exchange it for gold in the game. This is greed imo on behalf of NCSOFT. They seem to be promoting bots and gold selling, so players are forced to buy NCOIN and then turn around and exchange it for gold, rinse and repeat to stay current on gear.  

I remember AION being really bad bot wise the first few months it was out, but things got better (although they do still exist). I hope NCSOFT can resolve the bot issue in this game. 

so let me get this straight...

1. Raise gold rewards so players can make more money
2. Eliminate bots because (XxPlayerxX420: I used to have to wait 4 days to upgrade a weapon, now i only have to wait 2... thats still not fast enough. I want everything now, i'm just gonna buy gold anyway to upgrade everything instantly.)

3. Expect everything to just be better... because *cricket* economics 101 *cricket* IT ALL TO HELL

Though the thought of helping the community in such a way is admirable, i'm sure you might be surprised when i say that people know what they're getting into when they play grind heavy games. We dont give a *cricket* about having to grind. I signed up for this because the game looked fun to play... not because I had to reach endgame in a day and have nothing to do anymore...

2 minutes ago, clocknane said:

While I agree, 1 hour a day is not really that bad, I think the mentality of "this is a Korean game" is flawed. True, it started in Korea, however, when you bring a game over and Westernize it, you should focus on the NA version of the game and cater to English speaking players, who btw, hate grinding for the most part. The bot situation is getting worse. I have screen shots of accounts with characters that have "bot" names like ghjk, tghj etc, and they appear in a multi-box like state. 

Also, and this might be one of the most important things to mention here, bots do promote gold selling/buying gold from other players using NCOIN. Basically, in order for players to stay caught up gear wise, they either have to sink a ton of time into grinding and farming, which not everyone has time for because we have real jobs and real lives, or they have to buy NCOIN and exchange it for gold in the game. This is greed imo on behalf of NCSOFT. They seem to be promoting bots and gold selling, so players are forced to buy NCOIN and then turn around and exchange it for gold, rinse and repeat to stay current on gear.  

I remember AION being really bad bot wise the first few months it was out, but things got better (although they do still exist). I hope NCSOFT can resolve the bot issue in this game. 

I completely disagree. If you bring over a Korean game, don't water it down to fit the demographic here. I think it's stupid and somewhat disrespectful as far as the original intentions go. Translating and actual "Westernization" to fit the culture (there were some references to Korean mythology that were changed, or taken out, for instance) is an entirely separate issue from watering down the game. The excuse that "we don't have enough time because we have work, family, etc." seems to imply that Koreans don't as well.

1 minute ago, Aluvis said:

I completely disagree. If you bring over a Korean game, don't water it down to fit the demographic here. I think it's stupid and somewhat disrespectful as far as the original intentions go. Translating and actual "Westernization" to fit the culture (there were some references to Korean mythology that were changed, or taken out, for instance) is an entirely separate issue from watering down the game. The excuse that "we don't have enough time because we have work, family, etc." seems to imply that Koreans don't as well.

^this
We all signed up for this game knowing exactly what it was. To demand change because you think its unfair that you have to grind? Can the game not be enjoyed without max'd gear? Am i supposed to expect to hit the hardest dungeon in the game as soon as I hit 45?

I play the game at a very relaxed pace, because i play the game for fun. Not because i'm on a mission to prove i'm the best on the server or some shit.

14 hours ago, TopDollar said:

Bro really? You think someone is cheating just because they have 100 gold? LOL. A normal 45 can get at least  10g -15g from dailies, more when they sell their crafting stuffs. So you can easily make over 100 gold within a week. You would make more sense if you think they are shady for earning 100g per day but saying someone is shady just because they have 100g is laughable lmaoo.

I think the maximum amount of characters to effectively do dailies for gold per day, is three. Only because it's very task oriented and time consuming. If 3 characters at level 45 rake in 30 gold a day for one week you will amass 210 gold plus a supply of 210 soulstones. Only thing is, here's the catch, you can't spend it and even then it's tough to get that much. But seeing as you can apparently get more than 10 gold now for your overall dailies, you could very well achieve 60 gold a day with 3 level 45 characters. Problem is, again, it's immensely time consuming.

56 minutes ago, SinisterSin said:

Oh yes, if you only play 8 h day?  LOL  Do some of you not have jobs?

I work so it would be hard for me to spend 8 hours out of my day playing a digital game for currency like that.  In addition I have a family.  

But yea, sure, you can make as much gold as you want if you have no job and no life and can play 8 hours a day or more.  No doubt.  LOL

If you have job then you should just throw $$$ and stop complaining or just quit. I hate casuals that want to play 1 or 2 h daily and want to have everything. I spend $$ on this game + have time to play and i do not have reasons to complain but as i say this game is not for casuals unless... you want to spend entire game with awakaned profane ;) One more thing about daily quests. Daily quests except of maybe mushin and faction ( which can be done quickly + mushin can give you ornament ) are waste of time. it can take more than a hour to do all BSH 24 for 3 gold ? I can make nearly 10 gold in 1 hour just grinding tears.

5 minutes ago, StalowaKura said:

If you have job then you should just throw $$$ and stop complaining or just quit. I hate casuals that want to play 1 or 2 h daily and want to have everything. I spend $$ on this game + have time to play and i do not have reasons to complain but as i say this game is not for casuals unless... you want to spend entire game with awakaned profane ;) One more thing about daily quests. Daily quests except of maybe mushin and faction ( which can be done quickly + mushin can give you ornament ) are waste of time. it can take more than a hour to do all BSH 24 for 3 gold ? I can make nearly 10 gold in 1 hour just grinding tears.

(sarcasm) 10 gold in 1 hour by grinding? BUT I DONT WANNA GRIND. Its my money, and i want it NOW!!!

...JG WENTWORTH...

3 minutes ago, Terrato said:

(sarcasm) 10 gold in 1 hour by grinding? BUT I DONT WANNA GRIND. Its my money, and i want it NOW!!!

...JG WENTWORTH...

You could do it for the costume instead at the currency exchange with ctrl + c. o.o

You're Gonna like the way you look... I guarantee it~!!

---MEN'S WAREHOUSE---

(Sorry had to do it, it was the perfect opportunity xD)

8 minutes ago, ScourgeBreak said:

Wait, wait, which Mushin? Do you have to beat Mushin 8.3 to get the Ornament? O_O How did you do it??

You have a chance to get the ornament from floor 7 ( hado ) and floor 8. Record for my friend was 2 ornaments on 1 run ( first from hado and second from mushin 8.2 )

10 hours ago, Kazutoo said:

No my definitions are fine, I was just talking about in-game P2W not RL.

Pay 2 win as in ... have a lot of in-game currency to buy everything instead getting it yourself, therefore giving you a head start against other players making you look like Pay 2 Win.

I don't think you even know what P2W mean.  He's talking cash as in cash shop currency (not sure how you didn't get the message).  The term P2W means someone buying an item from the cash shop that you can't get anywhere outside of that, having a cash currency to gold market gives everyone a chance to get everything in the cash shop, which is apparently P2W from the definition that you just made up.  I don't even know what's up with "Buying gear off of someone else is P2W" logic, you're paying for it so you don't have to grind to get it yourself.  

FYI I think what you're interested in is a single player game, an online game with no trades, and no market place is like a single player game with random people running around.   

Rerunning Naryu could get you a decent amount of mulas too if you get lucky. The final boss dropped a ornament 2 times in a roll and these guys were bidding up to 20g for them so thats like around 8g right there. And in both of these parties, players were bidding 1g - 3g for naryu soul shield pieces lol. Each run earned me more than Blackram or nightshade lol. But this is assuming the final boss drops the ornament which they most likely would. And it also depends on how high the players will bid for the soul shields.

4 minutes ago, ScourgeBreak said:

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! 

I'm going to have to re-run the tower again to get the ornament. >.<

I can run it multiple times right? Just for the Ornament?

The chances aren't that good tho cause i beated floor 7 and 2/3 mushin many times but i only got 1 drop from it.

7 minutes ago, ScourgeBreak said:

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! 

I'm going to have to re-run the tower again to get the ornament. >.<

I can run it multiple times right? Just for the Ornament?

I got 3 ornaments in 5 days doing only 1 full run on mushin daily ( 1 from hado, 2 from mushin second clones ) But it is just RNG. Excluding luck i think it is worth to do 1 run daily ( fast and it gives you some gold + you need warrior tokens anyway )

Considering this game is teeming with gold sellers it's not really far-fetched to say that the prices for things on the marketplace are not arbitrary - they're probably being set by the gold sellers.   We're all, more likely than not, helping the gold sellers by just buying things from the marketplace. 

5 hours ago, mayuri said:

if your level 45 and heave decent gear, ( read prafane or awakend blight even) you can do 24-man poh and BSH do floors 1-6 mushin 7 if you can handle it and boom you just made 15~ gold, very easy and very doable in a time span of 2 hours or less

That earns you a bit less than 15 gold.

http://apps.keeky.net/blade-and-soul/daily/

13.6 from those. They aren't quick, and depending on how active the runs are that can be about an hour and a half to two hours for NSH/E. Fleet. Anyway, assuming you manage that, and you're willing to grind in every day, that's 136 gold every 10 days. It takes somewhere around 650g in items/currency give or take to hit True Pirate I believe. So about 47 days to hit True Pirate at that rate. I don't think anyone after they do E. Fleet/NSH/Tower the first time enjoys it so much that they're looking forward to doing it every day for over a month to max out. I'll even round way down and call it 500g. That's 37 days in a row of just those three areas to achieve.

Keep in mind, that's just the weapon. That doesn't include any of the accessories. If all you have is about two hours a day on average this game is not going to be very kind to you.

Correction: I included the Naryu Lab and Mushin 8F dailies in what I added earlier. It's actually only 9.66g from Mushin 1-7 and E. Fleet/NSH. That would be 52 days to 500g if that's all you did. Again, if two hours or so is all you can manage a day you're either going to have to supplement with real money or just accept a very slow grind.

To the original poster...Sorry your post is complete and utter bull

Players will buy gold no matter the amount players are able to obtain gold because the more money they get will cause prices to increase in a lateral fashion on the marketplace.  Anyone with a basic understanding of economics realizes this.  

Would you rather stuff cost 30k gold?  Because that will be the case should they make it so you can have 500 gold by the time you reach 45.  The prices will reflect that in the marketplace.  

if you make gold easy to get then it looses its value and things worth much more, it only helps on the price of weapon upgrades but if gold is easy to get instead of having a 25 ap diamond for 17 gold it will cost 100g and the amount of time it will take to farm 100g is going to be similar to the amount it takes now to farm 17g

so it will be helpfull for buyng npc stuff and paying for weapons and accesories upgrade fees but thats pretty much it the rest will be same as now

What the heck is wrong with you people? Gearing up in this game is a cakewalk. I come from Aion, where getting absolutely max gear could take you over a YEAR. Blade and Soul feels like a breeze compared to any other mmorpg.

OP has a point here. The artificial caps on money making are incredibly annoying. Efleet, Nightshade, Mushins, Bloodshade, Poh... There's your money for the day, 5 quests, give or take. Dungeons pay NOTHING without the daily...

Reminds me of the exp cap from FFXIV v1. "You've progressed enough for the day, you're done." My progression should be based on my playtime and my skill, not some arbitrary limit.

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

OP has a point here. The artificial caps on money making are incredibly annoying. Efleet, Nightshade, Mushins, Bloodshade, Poh... There's your money for the day, 5 quests, give or take. Dungeons pay NOTHING without the daily...

Reminds me of the exp cap from FFXIV v1. "You've progressed enough for the day, you're done." My progression should be based on my playtime and my skill, not some arbitrary limit.

Its not capped. You can craft or pvp. I remember one day making 90 gold from few hours of plat 3v3 matches. 

1 minute ago, Kyojin said:

Its not capped. You can craft or pvp. I remember one day making 90 gold from few hours of plat 3v3 matches. 

Yes, it is. Crafting is capped via time limits and using PvP as an example is like saying you can farm moonwater stones all day.

Archived