Forums

Why it's too late to get rid of bots.

Devinator00

If NCSoft were to get rid of bots, they'd have some prrrrettty dead servers. Dead servers mean they'd have to merge them with more active ones. And you know what that means when an mmo starts to merge servers. It's usually a tale tale sign of things to come. So no I think the windows has passed for them to get rid of the bots and a lot of players have already decided to call it quits and even worse new players are staying away as well. Oh well it was good while it lasted. Wildstar anyone lol?

25 minutes ago, Devinator00 said:

Bump

Why would you bump this thread.... it serves no purpose. 

More importantly the concept of merged servers = dead game is no longer considered true. 

This game will share the same fate as Archeage if they continue to let the bots happen. 

10 hours ago, LiquidRev said:

Why would you bump this thread.... it serves no purpose. 

More importantly the concept of merged servers = dead game is no longer considered true. 

This game will share the same fate as Archeage if they continue to let the bots happen. 

It serves a purpose and that is to enlighten people.

I have given up hope, NCSoft will not win the bot war.

How long KR BnS has been out? Bots are still crawling everywhere there, and TW ver too.

You just have to accept that this game will always have bots.

They are annoying as *cricket* but either you put up with them or you have to find a different game, the unfortunate truth.

I think people has lost an important thing in their minds, is the magnificent word "Ignore" and "Take time and check, you have a block spammer option". Seems like everyone times is so worthy that they dont take 2 seconds to block a spammer and just let the spammer spam them and then cry 2 "I AM BEING SPAMMED BLA BLA BLA I AM LAZY PLEASE BLOCK THEM FOR ME".

Sigh.

Kid these days...all the tools are given, still they want to keep using a wood table to to drive a nail, instead using the hammer 2 cms away from them.

4 hours ago, Syanonn said:

I have given up hope, NCSoft will not win the bot war.

How long KR BnS has been out? Bots are still crawling everywhere there, and TW ver too.

You just have to accept that this game will always have bots.

They are annoying as *cricket* but either you put up with them or you have to find a different game, the unfortunate truth.

LOL they are very nice guys

21 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

I think people has lost an important thing in their minds, is the magnificent word "Ignore" and "Take time and check, you have a block spammer option". Seems like everyone times is so worthy that they dont take 2 seconds to block a spammer and just let the spammer spam them and then cry 2 "I AM BEING SPAMMED BLA BLA BLA I AM LAZY PLEASE BLOCK THEM FOR ME".

Sigh.

Kid these days...all the tools are given, still they want to keep using a wood table to to drive a nail, instead using the hammer 2 cms away from them.

It have nothing to do with time mate 2 seconds to block a spammers everybody can do that. In most mmo/mmoprg games i played you had this problem, the only different is that other company's took care off after a week, while we sit here with bots already since launch. its even became this far that bots are placed on field bosses... And i hear you now thinking out loud what the flip... but yes some ppl like to play fieldbosses as well when they not have the cap level. and trust me it aint fun if you get 1 drop at the time while bots overrule you.

Just now, Thunderspear said:

It have nothing to do with time mate 2 seconds to block a spammers everybody can do that. In most mmo/mmoprg games i played you had this problem, the only different is that other company's took care off after a week, while we sit here with bots already since launch. its even became this far that bots are placed on field bosses... And i hear you now thinking out loud what the flip... but yes some ppl like to play fieldbosses as well when they not have the cap level. and trust me it aint fun if you get 1 drop at the time while bots overrule you.

You prolly are right with your point of view, but sadly this is an issue which all server world wide have actually with Blade and Soul and everyone knew it before it launched. I understnad the frustration and some ppl getting rekt by bots in arena. But believe me, this way far from a really bad thing, just see lineage 2 thought. Even so something must be done agaisnt the bots I am totally agree but dunno if we ever going to get something tho. An automated better game guard for me sounds the best option, but seems like its too hard or too expensive to do.

Also people need to know that the gold sellers still here due many keep buying their gold, even when this game the arena is the most important thing lol. Pve is fun in this game too but...well I dont understand, I can clear everything with true siren lul

25 minutes ago, MechShadows said:

You prolly are right with your point of view, but sadly this is an issue which all server world wide have actually with Blade and Soul and everyone knew it before it launched. I understnad the frustration and some ppl getting rekt by bots in arena. But believe me, this way far from a really bad thing, just see lineage 2 thought. Even so something must be done agaisnt the bots I am totally agree but dunno if we ever going to get something tho. An automated better game guard for me sounds the best option, but seems like its too hard or too expensive to do.

Also people need to know that the gold sellers still here due many keep buying their gold, even when this game the arena is the most important thing lol. Pve is fun in this game too but...well I dont understand, I can clear everything with true siren lul

and if they have to start now already with merging servers then that is really not good tho so soon after release in europe

Just now, Thunderspear said:

and if they have to start now already with merging servers then that is really not good tho so soon after release in europe

Not really, long time ago merging stopped from being a bad sign in the games, it actually helps out the community enterely, but I doubt about a server merge, all servers or mostly all seems to be really populated

*starting my sarcasm*

hey i agree with the OP..

If we remove Bots.. how else we gonna get our pinchy and diva essences for cheap?

Also who else is gonna be there to help us kill hulkar because there is like never any human players killing it.  

They even help me farm terror.. i mean, all u need to do is follow the scummoner army which does nothing but farm terrors all day long and thats a win because i dont need to buy my misty keys at uber expensive price.  

but yeah bots... ummm.... there nice, u can abuse them, and they never complain... you can steal there mobs, and they dont complain... I just wish they would come by and Res you if u went down....  

5 hours ago, MechShadows said:

Sigh.

I have no idea what you're on about. Really I don't. Everyone blocks and reports spammers. All.Day.Long.

Unfortunately you can't just click a button and get rid of bots in dungeon runs. Or mobbing world bosses. Or running amok in Misty. Or in arena. Or speed hacking every available resource node. I honestly can't count the hours I've wasted in this game queuing for dungeon run after dungeon run, only to have to leave and queue again and again because of the damn bots.

This isn't a problem that should be left up to the customer to take care of in any case. This isn't a customer's responsibility. You don't go to a restaurant and have the manager tell you that they have a pesticide in place to take care of the thousands of rats running around the place, and to kindly report and then ignore any rat you see. The very idea is ludicrous.

It really is time to find a new game, people.

7 hours ago, MechShadows said:

Sigh.

it's way past your bedtime son..

Archived