BladeAndSeoul

Weapon progression

Recommended Posts

I legitimately have no idea how we are supposed to upgrade our equipment if the items necessary are dropped by dungeons that you cannot fight even with two players.

For example, my brother and I want to get the items to Transform our weapons which we can get from Blackram Narrows, however it's actually impossible for us because it's not possible for two players to do it alone.

You cannot party with other people because no-one else is actually doing it as they're all high levels by this point, we've sat in queue for approximately 30 minutes and had a grand total of one person join, and that again is not enough to actually complete the dungeon. The only other way you can get the items to Transform your weapon is to buy them from the market for a ridiculous price (1gold) which means you HAVE to buy money from gold sellers otherwise you can't upgrade your weapons until you've obtained 1gold.

 

TLDR: You've royally *cricket*ed your new players by forcing 4-man/6-man dungeons when there's no-one to join said dungeons, then making their only logical resort buying gold from gold sellers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NewBeginning said:

I always get into Blackram Narrows within a matter of seconds. Are you using the Cross Server queue?

We are using Cross Server queue, not only that but we managed to get to the last boss and he has a skill which drags me to him and I have zero abilities that even remotely let me counter it.

That skill he uses is almost a guaranteed kill on me every time he uses it so the dragon blood is useless, as it just prevents the inevitable loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidjet   

8 viridian stones excchange them at jadestone for the shield 

 

F8 go to cross server dungeon lobby  select blackram narrows and click the LFP button  should put yoou in insta 6 party member party  and from there it should be a breeze the grab attack says to use joint attacks to break his hold so should be good as long people dont spam all skills that arent on cooldown blindly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fidjet said:

8 viridian stones excchange them at jadestone for the shield 

 

F8 go to cross server dungeon lobby  select blackram narrows and click the LFP button  should put yoou in insta 6 party member party  and from there it should be a breeze the grab attack says to use joint attacks to break his hold so should be good as long people dont spam all skills that arent on cooldown blindly 

Yeah we have the shield from Jadestone, while it does give a great health bonus, it doesn't stop the boss' skill damn near one-shotting me.

We used the F8 dungeon lobby to no avail, we met a grand total of one person.

 

And I don't suppose you could name a joint attack? Because neither my brother nor I could tell our skills made any difference to his attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fidjet   

joint attacks are usually Dazes,knockdowns,stuns  and such 

and the F8 lobby usually works on the LFP option and not  actually recruiting  menu 

can always try the recruit button above party  once you are sent to the platform lobby area  too

 

and sadly they wont save you if its only 2 people as joint attacks require two landed at least to break the attack and you cant use skills while gripped  by the boss so at minimum you need 3 people  

Edited by Fidjet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't bother trying to 2-man Blackram Narrows at that level.

 

F8 Cross-Server Dungeon > select Blackram Narrows > LFP > and you're good to go with 4 other party members. There is no way you're going to be stuck waiting in the queue longer than maybe 15 seconds max.

 

You will most likely have to run it multiple times for your specific needs but as long as RNG is somewhat forgiving, you'll get the weapon you need eventually.

Edited by Wigglytuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wigglytuff said:

Don't bother trying to 2-man Blackram Narrows at that level.

 

F8 Cross-Server Dungeon > select Blackram Narrows > LFP > and you're good to go with 4 other party members. There is no way you're going to be stuck waiting in the queue longer than maybe 15 seconds max.

 

You will most likely have to run it multiple times for your specific needs but as long as RNG is somewhat forgiving, you'll get the weapon you need eventually.

I'm totally fine with bad RNG and all, as long as I can get through the dungeon I'm happy because there's still a chance.

Is it possible to queue LFP with two people in the party?

 

20 minutes ago, Fidjet said:

joint attacks are usually Dazes,knockdowns,stuns  and such 

and the F8 lobby usually works on the LFP option and not  actually recruiting  menu 

can always try the recruit button above party  once you are sent to the platform lobby area  too

 

and sadly they wont save you if its only 2 people as joint attacks require two landed at least to break the attack and you cant use skills while gripped  by the boss so at minimum you need 3 people  

Alright then I'll admit that is pretty stupid.

So far through my playthrough I have learned that knockdowns typically won't work on a boss unless it's tether blade which I haven't been able to use on this boss for whatever reason.

I'm expected to throw away previous knowledge and guess that we should have two knockdowns occur at once in order to free someone? While I love the combat in this game, that is pretty bad design, especially when this information isn't accessible in-game (at least not to my knowledge).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

I'm totally fine with bad RNG and all, as long as I can get through the dungeon I'm happy because there's still a chance.

Is it possible to queue LFP with two people in the party?

 

 

Yep. Just make the party with your partner, go to the Cross-Server dungeon, and they will recieve a notification that will allow them to join you in the F8 lobby.

 

If you encounter any problems with that, you could also invite them via a button on the bottom left corner in the F8 lobby which will allow you to type their username and they'll join your queue (do this before pressing LFP).

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tenebrea   
4 hours ago, Fidjet said:

joint attacks are usually Dazes,knockdowns,stuns  and such 

and the F8 lobby usually works on the LFP option and not  actually recruiting  menu 

can always try the recruit button above party  once you are sent to the platform lobby area  too

 

and sadly they wont save you if its only 2 people as joint attacks require two landed at least to break the attack and you cant use skills while gripped  by the boss so at minimum you need 3 people  

yeah, thats wrong. almost every class can skill into 2 seperate CCs. destroyers dont even have to spec into it. so look at your books, or tell me your classes, and make sure the 2 of you each spec into 2 of a cc, and use them in succesion when he has you gripped

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

I'm totally fine with bad RNG and all, as long as I can get through the dungeon I'm happy because there's still a chance.

Is it possible to queue LFP with two people in the party?

 

Alright then I'll admit that is pretty stupid.

So far through my playthrough I have learned that knockdowns typically won't work on a boss unless it's tether blade which I haven't been able to use on this boss for whatever reason.

I'm expected to throw away previous knowledge and guess that we should have two knockdowns occur at once in order to free someone? While I love the combat in this game, that is pretty bad design, especially when this information isn't accessible in-game (at least not to my knowledge).

There's a training session in which Hajoon teaches you exactly how joint attacks work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewBeginning said:

There's a training session in which Hajoon teaches you exactly how joint attacks work.

But they don't teach you which of your abilities (other than the 1 that you are made to use) can do a joint attack. Nor do they teach you what abilities to look for from other players in order to perform a joint attack...

 

A new player typically has no idea how joint attacks work after that training session. It definitely needs to be a little more in depth.

Edited by Lei Raion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that sucks, I just lost a significant amount of money bidding on an item that has the same icon as the Blight Razor...

Not only that but it didn't say "Assassin only" until I had won the bid and it was in my inventory.

Edited by BladeAndSeoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

Bullshit, you just didn't pay attention lol. Noone ever encountered this problem. Unless you messed with the client.

Are you *cricket*ing kidding me? Have you never rolled for an item before? They're not identified so you CANNOT tell what class it's for. I'm curious if you even play this game if you're questioning something that obvious.

 

Seriously, go run a dungeon because it's seemingly apparent that you haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

Are you *cricket*ing kidding me? Have you never rolled for an item before? They're not identified so you CANNOT tell what class it's for. I'm curious if you even play this game if you're questioning something that obvious.

 

Seriously, go run a dungeon because it's seemingly apparent that you haven't.

 Wait what? It specifically says "Razor" "Axe" Lynblade" "Dagger". When you put your mouse cursor over it you have full info about it. XDDD

 

They are IDENTIFIED and not UNSEALED. Hahahahaha god, you are mentally challenged. You can't queue to dungeon, you can't bid on a weapon. Is there a single thing you can do?

Edited by Nebuchadnezzar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KuKeKi   
42 minutes ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

Well that sucks, I just lost a significant amount of money bidding on an item that has the same icon as the Blight Razor...

Not only that but it didn't say "Assassin only" until I had won the bid and it was in my inventory.

When you are ready to transform ur weapon it will say what weapon you need and where to get it. As well as tell you the quality, (purple) epic. Most epic's are soulbound meaning you can't trade and you wouldn't be able to buy it from auctions. Most (blue) rare weapons can be bought off AH.

*lol nvm this, wasn't reading right. But I believe you can mouse over the item to show description, and should have red indicating wrong class*

 

As for the difficulty, if it hasn't been increased in difficulty from previous patches due to the suggestions from the surveys, you should be able to two man it. It took me and my gf a couple of tries for her to understand the AI pattern and afterwards was quite easy. I've been able to Solo with blademaster on my first playthrough, and just recently with Assassin right when I arrived at Blackram narrows without skipping/extra leveling. What class are you playing? Do you have some sort of block/counter? Did you equip the gem that heals you on crit? I found it helpful to drink a tonic and try to heal up before his next grab attack when soloing. As for join attacks, my gf had no clue what that was, and couldn't figure out how to spec into it until lvl 30.

 

If you really find it annoying to find grp or learn patterns. Just level to a comfortable level and go back. It usually isn't too hard to level 5 or 6 levels with a crappy weapon b4 heading back to exact revenge.

Edited by KuKeKi
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

 Wait what? It specifically says "Razor" "Axe" Lynblade" "Dagger". When you put your mouse cursor over it you have full info about it. XDDD

 

They are IDENTIFIED and not UNSEALED. Hahahahaha god, you are mentally challenged. You can't queue to dungeon, you can't bid on a weapon. Is there a single thing you can do?

Oh how about that, I mixed up two different terminologies and you think I'm mentally challenged because it DOES NOT let me see what class can use the weapon. However it uses the EXACT same item icon as the one I needed.

The only notable fact was that it said "Dagger" and not "Razor" which is ridiculous when they literally look the same.

 

And I'm expected to tell the difference between a Dagger and a Razor without it specifying the class limitations, coupled with the fact I've never played an Assassin to I'm supposed to guess as the items (again) look the exact *cricket*ing same.

 

If I'm going to claim someone is mentally challenged, it's you for thinking a razor is that big.
I feel like it's necessary to clarify upon how stupid the size is of a "razor" - QcEmAGh.png

13 minutes ago, KuKeKi said:

When you are ready to transform ur weapon it will say what weapon you need and where to get it. As well as tell you the quality, (purple) epic. Most epic's are soulbound meaning you can't trade and you wouldn't be able to buy it from auctions. Most (blue) rare weapons can be bought off AH.

 

As for the difficulty, if it hasn't been increased in difficulty from previous patches due to the suggestions from the surveys, you should be able to two man it. It took me and my gf a couple of tries for her to understand the AI pattern and afterwards was quite easy. I've been able to Solo with blademaster on my first playthrough, and just recently with Assassin right when I arrived at Blackram narrows without skipping/extra leveling. What class are you playing? Do you have some sort of block/counter? Did you equip the gem that heals you on crit? I found it helpful to drink a tonic and try to heal up before his next grab attack when soloing. As for join attacks, my gf had no clue what that was, and couldn't figure out how to spec into it until lvl 30.

 

If you really find it annoying to find grp or learn patterns. Just level to a comfortable level and go back. It usually isn't too hard to level 5 or 6 levels with a crappy weapon b4 heading back to exact revenge.

I know what item I need and where to get it, however the item icon is exactly the same as the assassin's transform item, that and it's sealed so you cannot tell what class it is on the loot screen until you've won the bid and it's in your inventory.

The difficulty is only a problem when you aren't given an explanation, aside from that the dungeon is fairly easy.

Edited by BladeAndSeoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BladeAndSeoul said:

Oh how about that, I mixed up two different terminologies and you think I'm mentally challenged because it DOES NOT let me see what class can use the weapon. However it uses the EXACT same item icon as the one I needed.

The only notable fact was that it said "Dagger" and not "Razor" which is ridiculous when they literally look the same.

 

And I'm expected to tell the difference between a Dagger and a Razor without it specifying the class limitations, coupled with the fact I've never played an Assassin to I'm supposed to guess as the items (again) look the exact *cricket*ing same.

 

If I'm going to claim someone is mentally challenged, it's you for thinking a razor is that big.

I know what item I need and where to get it, however the item icon is exactly the same as the assassin's transform item, that and it's sealed so you cannot tell what class it is on the loot screen until you've won the bid and it's in your inventory.

The difficulty is only a problem when you aren't given an explanation, aside from that the dungeon is fairly easy.

 

See? It wasn't that hard to admit you were in the wrong and it wasn't game's fault. Oh, and it DOES specify class restrictions. You just saw an icon and didn't check anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

 

See? It wasn't that hard to admit you were in the wrong and it wasn't game's fault. Oh, and it DOES specify class restrictions. You just saw an icon and didn't check anything else.

I'm not in the wrong, the difference is in the name and the icon is exactly the same.
It does not specify class restrictions until it's in your inventory, by which time you've wasted your money.

 

I'm seriously doubting if you actually play this game. I don't know about you, but I don't bid all my money into items without checking it, which you (for whatever reason) think I'm doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

I'm not in the wrong, the difference is in the name and the icon is exactly the same.
It does not specify class restrictions until it's in your inventory, by which time you've wasted your money.

 

I'm seriously doubting if you actually play this game. I don't know about you, but I don't bid all my money into items without checking it, which you (for whatever reason) think I'm doing.

 

Lol you are dumb af. It does specify, you have a name, it doesn't specify damage etc, but it has class restrictions. You are in the wrong because IT WAS POSSIBLE to discern. You didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   
12 minutes ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

It does not specify class restrictions until it's in your inventory,

Well there you have a proof.

1oq3ia.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Well there you have a proof.

1oq3ia.png

Yeah that's not the correct window, you're on about a chest loot which is not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the bidding window when you are bidding on a current item, it does not show you the class specification, it only specifies the name of the item.

Have you actually been reading the thread? Because from what I can conclude from your reply, you haven't.

9 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

 

Lol you are dumb af. It does specify, you have a name, it doesn't specify damage etc, but it has class restrictions. You are in the wrong because IT WAS POSSIBLE to discern. You didn't.

Name and name alone, when the item looks the same, you can call me dumb but you're assuming something is there when it isn't. So I'd rather be dumb than delusional.

I legitimately am doubting the intelligence of this playerbase.

Edited by BladeAndSeoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   
2 minutes ago, BladeAndSeoul said:

Yeah that's not the correct window, you're on about a chest loot which is not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the bidding window when you are bidding on a current item, it does not show you the class specification, it only specifies the name of the item.

Because I went in solo so the auction wasn`t there and i couldn`t make a screen of it. But the auction shows exactly same tooltip when you mouseover the item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dlacik said:

Because I went in solo so the auction wasn`t there and i couldn`t make a screen of it. But the auction shows exactly same tooltip when you mouseover the item.

Except it doesn't? Go in a party and do it, the tooltip is not the same otherwise I would be perfectly fine with wasting my money because it would've been my fault. However that is not the case.

Like, everyone that replies pertaining to this topic is replying on half-baked knowledge and assumptions, I know what I saw and you guys are legit guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now