Warlock Leveling - Skill Building

Karrya

I'm currently leveling a warlock and am not sure what direction to go in as far as putting points in my skill tree.  I'm worried that the way I've been putting points in so far is not correct.  I've tried looking up leveling guides for warlocks, but haven't been able to come across anything helpful or specific as far as leveling goes, just end game builds as well as pvp builds.  So while leveling, should I start out putting points into my Thralls abilities and beefing him up first, or should I be putting points into my own abilities?  Again, I'm not sure which I should focus on first or if I'm going about it the right way to begin with.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  As of this moment while typing this post, I just hit level 25.

If you're 25, then you should have access to your wingstorm already. The Wingstorm/Helix/Bombardment rotation (V+4+RMBx2) is a viable grinding style for Warlocks because of its speed and mobility. I barely used my Thrall when I was grinding up to 45, and even now I only bring it out to pop Soulburn for my team.

Spec your Dragoncall (which I assume is what you're using right now) into Dragon Helix, trigger Wingstorm before rushing in and you'll be fine. At level 30 you get Leech, which should effectively speed up your process. If you want to mob enemies, I suggest running into them, lining them up, using your Quell (1), Repulse (F) to push them back, hit your Soul Shackle (2) and drop an Imprison (3) on them. If they're still alive, hit your Wingstorm (V) and run while blasting them with Dragon Helix (4) and insta-cast Bombardment (RMB). It's safe, effective and fun.

Thank you so much for the response LaVera!  I've been so busy with classes I haven't been able to play my warlock much.  But back to leveling today, and I really appreciate the advice for the skill build, thanks so much!<3

No worries. Warlocks are a lot of fun to use. I have a lvl45 summoner and I prefer my lock more because of how fun and challenging it is to run. Sure, we have our down points with lack of PvP capacity, but we get tons of love in PvE because of sustained DPS and soulburn. Not to mention locks have so much flair and style. Good luck!

LaVera told you everything. Try to use dragon Helix for lvling up. The numbers aren't so big but overall the dps is. Also when u want to make trains respec Bombardment to hit AOE. Warlock's aren't so bad in PVP either, it takes a lot of practice but when you learn it you can do great stuff.

Archived