How dead is this game already?

BMP

dunno if we are on the same server, there are more places and dungeons for people to be in, eg tower and labyrinth. misty woods factions were still doing dragon till 4am this morningyCnL0Dn.jpg

lower channels in misty is cuz people are still farming dungeons and the ceruleans have been working alot during the day so the few crimsons that even go there head out. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Huairennn said:

This game is not dead lol. Good players are busy grinding somewhere because they are not lazy and bad players are just whining over here. Blackwyrm is always overcrowded across all channels at my server.

Say what you want about players.  You have to understand even there are so called "Good players" left in this game but without a good player base population the game will slowly die.  So what if the top 5% are good players with good gears but with a poor population you cant get anything done, nobody will buy your things etc....  One example is the Taiwan servers, the game is populated with bots and when you search for any dungeon content it takes ages to get a group moving, towns are empty etc.... 

Bookmarking this thread to note the delusional people who thinks this game is doing well/not going downhill. Changing the price/method of subscription within TWO MONTHS of release should be telling you something about the company's feeling on their income/forecast.

Also @yeLLowJawn, go to f11 -> destroyer class leader boards, start from page 20 and count the bots.

4 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

Say what you want about players.  You have to understand even there are so called "Good players" left in this game but without a good player base population the game will slowly die.  So what if the top 5% are good players with good gears but with a poor population you cant get anything done, nobody will buy your things etc....  One example is the Taiwan servers, the game is populated with bots and when you search for any dungeon content it takes ages to get a group moving, towns are empty etc.... 

Well people leave because they blame everything else EXCEPT themselves for their slow advancement. While good players grind for their gears day and night. Good stuffs dont come easily. Either you get moving or you gonna get left behind. It's the same in real life. Quit whining.

14 minutes ago, Aredian said:

Dunno, still seeing a lot of players running around and a active faction chat on my server. BnS never really aimed for that big of an audience anyways, just like BDO. Both games will co-exist just fine, since they are made for different type of play styles.

What's up with Tree of Savior though? All I know about the game it that it's published by Nexon (blargh) and looks like Devilian, just with worse graphics. Anything special about it? If not I wouldn't be concerned at all :D

Oh, only that it's the successor to the grand daddy of all Korean MMOs, Ragnarok Online. It's especially made for people who played MMOs back in the early 2000s.

NA Mushin is still bustling when im online so as long as that stays that way im good oxo server transfer is in the pipeline too so that will only make things more busy when people can move to more crowded servers if they wanna.

fyi for you to ask the question "how dead is this game" the game has to be some degree of dead to begin with, which it isnt lol. idk about eu but na is nowhere near dead. sensationalist net kids all day on these forums lmao

20 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

Oh, only that it's the successor to the grand daddy of all Korean MMOs, Ragnarok Online. It's especially made for people who played MMOs back in the early 2000s.

Oh, okay. I've heard of Ragnarok Online. At that time I wasn't interested in Korean MMOs and was busy playing Dark Age of Camelot.

29 minutes ago, Huairennn said:

Well people leave because they blame everything else EXCEPT themselves for their slow advancement. While good players grind for their gears day and night. Good stuffs dont come easily. Either you get moving or you gonna get left behind. It's the same in real life. Quit whining.

Well this is a QQ thread anyways to those people who dont know how to adapt and move forward. I know there's bot everywhere and that dont stop most of the players to still play. More QQ threads there and that and those are the same people who doesn't know how to adapt. 

1 hour ago, Huairennn said:

I am not whining just giving you an opinion on the other side.  My gear itself is quite high already but just saying that with the current state of the game it will bleed players untill the next patch.  I have been playing BnS on other servers for years now and have seen this trend where the game is so dead there no matter how good you are as long there is low population it will be boring as hell.

4 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

I am not whining just giving you an opinion on the other side.  My gear itself is quite high already but just saying that with the current state of the game it will bleed players untill the next patch.  I have been playing BnS on other servers for years now and have seen this trend where the game is so dead there no matter how good you are as long there is low population it will be boring as hell.

Do soccer fans hop clubs just because their club is not performing? If yes, it says so much about the fan rather than the club. Just an analogy. Go figure.

8 hours ago, soju soju said:

tree of savior.... are you serious? 

i think my 6 yr old would like to play that game....

I think YOU should quit bns already!

you mean a game where the devs actually care if its working properly ? just because its a different graphic style doesnt mean it cant be a better game. its actually a game where friends can play together without interruptions unlike this pile of failure. 

1 hour ago, Aredian said:

Dunno, still seeing a lot of players running around and a active faction chat on my server. BnS never really aimed for that big of an audience anyways, just like BDO. Both games will co-exist just fine, since they are made for different type of play styles.

What's up with Tree of Savior though? All I know about the game it that it's published by Nexon (blargh) and looks like Devilian, just with worse graphics. Anything special about it? If not I wouldn't be concerned at all :D

I agree, the audience on BDO and Blade & Soul always seemed pretty niche anyways. I don't think the developers ever expected WoW levels from this game, even way back during the teaser footage stages.

The big sell on Tree of Savior is the nostalgia from Ragnarok Online. Development wise it's a combined effort between the teams of Ragnarok Online + Granado Espada (lol that game). 

1 hour ago, qpoljanan said:

Lineage is the grand daddy of all Korean MMOs. As a matter of fact, I believe it's still Korea's most popular MMO, even after 18+ years.

8 minutes ago, Huairennn said:

Do soccer fans hop clubs just because their club is not performing? If yes, it says so much about the fan rather than the club. Just an analogy. Go figure.

Its based on people choices you cant control and decide for them.  Firstly you cant use that analogy as BnS have not created nor have that kind of fan based.  BnS is a game where there is nothing to be fan about just that you enjoy the game but when it gets dull people leave.  A soccer team is different people love the players and sport from their hearts and is something special.  You ask what kind of players who leave the game if it is not doing well?  Players determine the health of the game like it or not and with enough people leaving on a constant basis the game will die (Wildstar). 

4 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

I agree, the audience on BDO and Blade & Soul always seemed pretty niche anyways. I don't think the developers ever expected WoW levels from this game, even way back during the teaser footage stages.

The big sell on Tree of Savior is the nostalgia from Ragnarok Online. Development wise it's a combined effort between the teams of Ragnarok Online + Granado Espada (lol that game). 

>Talking shit about Granado Espada

Say what you will about that game, but when it released back in 2007, it was beautiful. Still has the best sound track and plot (if only we didn't get those shitty translations) in a Korean MMO.

The gameplay was also very fast paced for an MMO at the time, too bad it meant the grind was 100x worse because it was proportional to the mob spawn rate.

2 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

>Talking shit about Granado Espada

Say what you will about that game, but when it released back in 2007, it was beautiful. Still has the best sound track and plot (if only we didn't get those shitty translations) in a Korean MMO.

The gameplay was also very fast paced for an MMO at the time, too bad it meant the grind was 100x worse because it was proportional to the mob spawn rate.

Hey i loved that game back in the day. Actually looking back it's aesthetics have aged rather well, but the gameplay hasn't imo. I'm really glad they're bringing a lot of the better parts of Granado over to Tree of Savior. 

I do miss the "pressing spacebar to let my party level up while i'm away at work" aspect though. 

Anyways back on topic: BnS won't die, at least not in the first year. 

8 minutes ago, Strindberg said:

Hey i loved that game back in the day. Actually looking back it's aesthetics have aged rather well, but the gameplay hasn't imo. I'm really glad they're bringing a lot of the better parts of Granado over to Tree of Savior. 

I do miss the "pressing spacebar to let my party level up while i'm away at work" aspect though. 

Anyways back on topic: BnS won't die, at least not in the first year. 

True. When I tried GE Europe I had to immediately uninstall it just at the tutorial zone, I never realized the gameplay was THAT dated. I refused to play any longer and am content to bury it in fond nostalgia. 

Also yeah, the character classes really reflect on GE's themes, especially the emphasis on Renaissance-era classes the Landsknecht. 

As for BnS, it will linger for quite a while, probably only for the unique art style (I dare you to pick another game with superior jiggle physics! Skyforge ups the ante by adding butt jiggle, but the floaty combat made me vomit).

My server went from 8 misty channels to 5 over the last month. Around this time, nsh only has 3 channels, compared to 6-7 from before. Half of the population basically vanished. I don't even see the terror farmers anymore. I'm guessing they noticed it wasn't worth it anymore.

1 minute ago, Hongmoon said:

My server went from 8 misty channels to 5 over the last month. Around this time, nsh only has 3 channels, compared to 6-7 from before. Half of the population basically vanished. I don't even see the terror farmers anymore. I'm guessing they noticed it wasn't worth it anymore.

Man your data gathering is amazing. Having less channels mean nothing.

Theres more to do than just staying in misty woods or in NSH. Personally i have not entered NSH or Poh24 for weeks now. Also im not hanging in misty woods. Why would i? Theres nothing for me there

This game its agonizing and loosing players day bay day.Some are leaving beacuse they feel unsatisfied of rng ,some because of grinding ,they are enough many posts in here telling in fact the ppls got enough if it ,most of them going away because of the poor optimisation and support.To draw (again) a parralel between Wildstar and BnS: the wildstar had same kind of stuffs tho they tried hard ,the game were less grind-ish and much more optimised,had way more content then BnS and were posibile to buy sub with in game moneys.Yet the game were full of bugs and many players left after the contracts table were reseted times in row ofer and over again ,when you dc'd in a dungeon on last boss and you would get absolutely no loot after hours struggling .The game wasn't casual enough for the new players and guess what ,now Wildstar lost tones of ppl :http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-11-wildstar-studio-sheds-nearly-half-of-its-workforce-report .Imho ,the same thing happens here too,in a very very close future. Because if players aren't happy to buy sub and make the micro transactions -the game will not have funds to survive and many of ppls wich are talented and dedicated -will loose their jobs .This game has them all : bugs ,bots ,lag. Sooner or later we will see the same thing happening here -and its not the player's fault .Sadly Wildstar was a fun game ,BnS its nice too -so bad for the efforts ppl put in here .I feel like those kind of games have nice sparkle and beginging then die after 6 or max 10 months -because they are tones of players yelling for support /optimisation,rant in forums and setting tickets for support: where they rarely get solutions.Because of all those ,i suppose BnS heading to same direction.And i feel sorry for this and disapointed,waited for the game some time to come for english players,yet : its not what i expected !

I gave up on this game. I had almost maxed out everything, progression wasn't the problem. The problem was, when all you have left to do is farm endgame (needing gear or not) and do arena, you run into bots, ridiculous FPS drops on high end gaming rigs, more bots, constant new bugs, more bots, exploits, more bots, spam, more bots...did I mention bots? Combine that with grossly imbalanced factions, game crashes, missing items, NCSOFT rarely doing anything about anything, and when they do it works for a couple days then breaks if it works at all = game unplayable by my standards. I bailed on this train wreck and got all my money back. I feel bad for anyone that wastes their time on this pile of garbage. Good riddance.

Archived