How dead is this game already?

BMP

So for the first time in weeks im actually playing some at prime time yesterday and today. so friday/saturday at 7-22pm

And i noticed that it seems like barely anyone is playing anymore compared to a month ago. In arena i met 80% bots between 1600 and 1800 across 3 diffferent chars. Misty woods barely fills 4-5 channels anymore on whats supposed to be one of the biggest eu servers (starfall crater) at prime time. With shitty 1700 rating on my KFM atm im top 700(!) ? so there are what, 5k people in whole eu actually doing arena more then once a week?

Blue dungeons are 50% bots as well and barely doable in cross server, in purples i see the same guys quite often which is highly unlikely if the playerbase was still somewhat big.

So yeah, is it time to stop giving them money cause game will be dead in 2 months anyways? are there any current numbers in the web? the 1 million was inflated by bots sure but it seems like 60% of my server is gone already and in arena you barely meet humans under plat  AT ALL.

I mean i knew people are quitting left and right cause of all the issues but i hadnt noticed its that bad before and just thought its cause of my usual nighttime playing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys i know mostly left cause of a 200++ ping(some of them live less them 100km away from the servers...),bugs/hacks and botters in arena.. but they were actually looking for a PvP game.

Game is hopping man. It's not dead. I dunno what server you're on but I can hardly find the merchants for all the players. My server has strange people though. They make up really weird names. Like sdflkjdlkjd and ouowerlkm, and ppqpqppqls and such like that.

3 minutes ago, Taywen said:

Game is hopping man. It's not dead. I dunno what server you're on but I can hardly find the merchants for all the players. My server has strange people though. They make up really weird names. Like sdflkjdlkjd and ouowerlkm, and ppqpqppqls and such like that.

Oh I know sdflkjdlkjd, he's really good at destroyer in arena. Great buddy too

24s always almost always full, even at odd hours on Jiwan. Getting Mak Dagul is a miracle usually too. Always people in Mushin Tower, Hogshead Pastures, and outside of the raid zones. Not sure about your server, but mine still seems really active.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Oh I know sdflkjdlkjd, he's really good at destroyer in arena. Great buddy too

Man, he must only be active late at night. Every time I see him he appears afk outside a dungeon entrance or standing at a merchant.

In my opinion, it was time to stop giving them money the day the game was released. Horrible controls, elementary school level story writing, bad level design (fire walls in boss fights). The bots were just the cherry on top of it all. Shame too, as the game looked so promising for the past few years. This is why I have a rule that I play for 3 months before allowing myself to spend money on a f2p.

1 minute ago, yeLLowJawn said:

QQ much . Everybody talks about bots but I have YET to across one . People just thalks when they lose thats it's a bot . I dont say that there aren't bots but its not even close in number that you think they are .

aren't you a fanboy now, good boy keep it up.

3 minutes ago, Enamour said:

24s always almost always full, even at odd hours on Jiwan. Getting Mak Dagul is a miracle usually too. Always people in Mushin Tower, Hogshead Pastures, and outside of the raid zones. Not sure about your server, but mine still seems really active.

Yup, was up at 3am my time (mst) and 24s were full last night.

1 minute ago, Moggie said:

In my opinion, it was time to stop giving them money the day the game was released. Horrible controls, elementary school level story writing, bad level design (fire walls in boss fights). The bots were just the cherry on top of it all. Shame too, as the game looked so promising for the past few years. This is why I have a rule that I play for 3 months before allowing myself to spend money on a f2p.

I need to learn this lesson too. But I keep doing the same thing over and over again. This time I even spent money on an outfit and matching weapon skin for a character I can no longer stand to play (BM).

2 minutes ago, Moggie said:

So you liked it before when it still had "horrible controls , elementary school level story writing  , bad level design" ... but now you don't . Just get out of here teen haters , only  thing I am sick in this game are you  , kids .Spaming nosense both of forums and ingame . Literally worse then the bots .

2 minutes ago, yeLLowJawn said:

So you liked it before when it still had "horrible controls , elementary school level story writing  , bad level design" ... but now you don't . Just get out of here teen haters , only  thing I am sick in this game are you  , kids .Spaming nosense both of forums and ingame . Literally worse then the bots .

Read it again.

Iunno, I found nothing wrong with the controls, or the story line (not that I care), I am not sure what you mean by "bad level design", I mean for an FPS sure it is, but for an MMO is just right, fire walls in dungeons may have a purpose that hasn't been told yet. But then again, not all games can be crafted for you especially. You are free to start your own company, grab Unreal Engine, and create another game that has awesome controls, awesome level design, and triple A story.

9 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Iunno, I found nothing wrong with the controls, or the story line (not that I care), I am not sure what you mean by "bad level design", I mean for an FPS sure it is, but for an MMO is just right, fire walls in dungeons may have a purpose that hasn't been told yet. But then again, not all games can be crafted for you especially. You are free to start your own company, grab Unreal Engine, and create another game that has awesome controls, awesome level design, and triple A story.

For some classes like summoner, the controls aren't too bad, but try playing a combo-heavy class like kung fu master and your fingers are going to be tripping over each other trying to hit all the buttons. The story is just very clichè and lackluster, and there's virtually no lore in the entire game. The fire walls do serve a purpose, it's to keep people from re-entering a boss fight after dying, essentially cheesing the boss to death with infinite respawns. The problem is that you could be fighting a boss who happens to knock you back into the fire, or stun/knockdown you and you use F escape and backflip into it, ending the fight without you doing anything wrong. There has even been times where the enemy themselves are INSIDE the firewall (or shadowy area in the darkglimpse that kills you instantly) and it will kill you just for trying to approach the enemy and fight them, which is your only option if you're a melee character.

28 minutes ago, yeLLowJawn said:

QQ much . Everybody talks about bots but I have YET to across one . People just talks when they lose thats it's a bot . I dont say that there aren't bots but its not even close in number that you think they are .

I've never lost to a bot, and I've encountered almost all bots in my grind to plat. When a persons name is "afefaffa" it's sort of obvious, and as a destroyer player, it's really obvious when people bot. So no, we are not exaggerating. I have three characters in plat right now, all because bots made it SUPER easy. 

7 minutes ago, PhiKing said:

I've never lost to a bot, and I've encountered almost all bots in my grind to plat. When a persons name is "afefaffa" it's sort of obvious, and as a destroyer player, it's really obvious when people bot. So no, we are not exaggerating. I have three characters in plat right now, all because bots made it SUPER easy. 

How the heck do you meet so many bots? I find like 1 bot out of 10+ matches lol

Dont trust all what the people tells you on the forums, some people just wants to "kill" the game when its not even close, as I said some,normally the ones that complain about something specific etc, but there's also some nice people, dont worry if you check some threads you will see both kind of people, but trust me the game is not as dead as some people wants to make it look, not even close :)

Archived