Forums

Gold Spam: Blocking Friend Requests

Scintillant

Not sure where else I might put this. There's an issue plaguing some servers right now regarding the gold sellers ... which are a huge annoyance in and of themselves of course. It's bad enough that I have to block gold ads in three channels when I log in and in each new area, but now-

Problem: Gold sellers are sending friend requests non-stop.

-Blocking the name does not stop them.

-Not responding does not stop them.

-No option to auto-decline or prevent friend requests.

-Accidentally accepting could flag your account to be banned for being connected with gold sellers.

Solution: Make friend requests managable in any number of ways.

-Blocking a character prevents that account from contacting you.

-Auto-block all friend requests via the Options menu.

-Prompt users to report or block when declining a friend request. Additionally, create an Options entry to toggle this feature. [Box can pop up on decline. "Do you wish to report this character for spam?", 'Yes', 'No', 'Don't ask again']

I accepted the friend since they were making requests from a different server, therefore no threat to having them whisper at me.

I also contacted support about banning them because they're actually the same two accounts that have been doing it for at least 2 weeks according to pictures shared by other people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 9:37 AM, Scintillant said:

-Accidentally accepting could flag your account to be banned for being connected with gold sellers.

Damn, I accepted the requests just so that I can report spammer and block them. Had no idea it would flag my account. Thanks for the heads up!

I just let the friend request list rot for life. Cleaned it the other day when I thought it would dwindle down but it's gone up again. Highest I had it back then was at 16. I'm not even buying gold the legit way so all I need is to learn to live with those annoyances till I get bored of the game. It's clear gold sellers and illegal gold buyers in game are bigger than NCSoft's security. The way I see so many gold sellers in game tells me that the business is apparently really good for them. So might as well learn to live with them.

It's like anything illegal in the world. As long as there's human beings, there will always be illegal stuff happening.

On 3/11/2016 at 6:37 AM, Scintillant said:

-Prompt users to report or block when declining a friend request. Additionally, create an Options entry to toggle this feature. [Box can pop up on decline. "Do you wish to report this character for spam?", 'Yes', 'No', 'Don't ask again']

I really hope that this one item at the top is not true because I have seen elsewhere NCSoft representatives state that at present the "best" or "only" way to report these people is to accept the friend request and block them and then delete the friend.

My problem with that is twofold. I don't want to accept the friend request in the first place, I'd much rather the interface offer me the option to "report" right from the UI popup as you suggest -- where you get the "Accept/Decline" options at present, to have a Report/Block option. Too often by the time you get around to accepting/blocking/deleting, the character no longer exists and it's a nuisance.

I also wholeheartedly support the "block all incoming friend requests" option. At this point given the abuse I would rather it be an on-demand feature that I can enable if I actually meet someone I want to friend rather than have it be so easily used against me.

I also support a disable friend request option. It's clear it's being abused. I don't care if others need to pay these guys money to get ahead in a game. It's not my business. If they get banned, they had it coming. But what annoys is when these sellers keep nagging people who clearly do not want their stuff. Sure, I assume those sending the requests are bots or some sort of random automated thing. I don't know for sure. But if I say no to something, I expect the requester to just stop.

I sent a ticket to the support branch regarding this very situation ( I was JUST about to make a post about this too) This is irritating, I log in no matter what character I'm on, I get 5-6 friend requests whenever I log in. It's driving me nuts.

• 1 month later...

adding an option to tick on or off , to not get any friend requests would be a dream come true for me , i live with ocd and theese friend requests spamms are killing me slowly

and i doubt im the only one suffering in that way :(

On 3/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, Scintillant said:

Not sure where else I might put this. There's an issue plaguing some servers right now regarding the gold sellers ... which are a huge annoyance in and of themselves of course. It's bad enough that I have to block gold ads in three channels when I log in and in each new area, but now-

Problem: Gold sellers are sending friend requests non-stop.

-Blocking the name does not stop them.

-Not responding does not stop them.

-No option to auto-decline or prevent friend requests.

23 Friend requests from gold sellers here. Don't get rid of it, makes not feel alone. 
David-Tennant-Dont-You-Dare-Reaction-Gif

Dear NCSoft,

Your dumb client side character specific spammer list doesn't work (block list doesn't work either) in blocking friend request. It only blocks it when the player is logged in on that specific character. Once they logged on another character or log off - the friend requests spam comes in. Please make it server side and 1 for each account, not character

If anyone wants to see where theirs is, its under Documents > BnS > NCWEST, you will see 1 for each of your characters.

Are they ever going to fix this?

I cant report the person for spamming me with friends request, I cant block him....and he goes on every day and spams me with atleast 5 requests a day.

Can we get a dev in here to explain how to block these annoying bots from spamming us friends requests?

In the past

gold sellers friend request abuse

Isadrick March 15, 2016 13:02

i have problems with a gold seller that whisper me all the time, and send friend request. I block this gold seller at first time but he or she abuse persist, please i dont like ear sound while playing. Have two gold sellers accounts that send me a friend request. Please resolve this, thanks

I like the game and dont pay anual premium account for this problems

GM Dee March 15, 2016 13:26
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report this possible violation of the rules. We will investigate the issue and take appropriate action against anyone found to be violating the User Agreement.

For privacy reasons, we are not able to provide specific information about what action is taken in response to this report. I'm sorry that we aren't able to provide more information about the outcome in this case. We do take these reports very seriously, and we will do everything we can to verify what happened.

Kind Regards,

GM Audie
    NCSOFT Support Team

Isadrick March 15, 2016 17:55

WTBGGcomSellGold still continued harassing me. Please stop it fast or i leave the game forever

Isadrick March 15, 2016 18:51

Now GGATMcomSellGold too, guys why don't bann this account with this names? how many time need for investigate something very cleary im confused

Rechelle March 15, 2016 19:24
    Hello Isadrick,

Thanks for contacting the Blade and Soul Game Support Team.

Our Game Surveillance Unit closes hundreds of accounts a week that are related to third party software use or in-game sales. I know it is frustrating that we are not able to get every single character in our sweeps, but we are inevitably going to miss some. That is why we ask players to send us the names of any characters they believe are using third party software. We will investigate them and if we can prove they are using third party software, we will close their account. However, we have to treat every account closure as if legal action will be brought forward. By closing an account, we are technically breaking a contract. We will not do this unless we can prove that the other party (the player) violated that contract first (in this case, by using third party software in our game).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Rechelle
    NCSOFT Support Team

Isadrick March 15, 2016 20:25

ok but please stop that he can harassing me under investigation. I don't like have to get abused by gold sellers. Block whispers and friends request and you can continue with your work, but is very insane for me this conduct, thanks

GM Hœnir March 16, 2016 14:25
    Hi,

Thank you contacting the Blade and Soul support team.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the Block feature does not entirely disable all means of contact, thus they are still able to send you a friend request. Rest assured that our Development Team is looking at ways to prevent this spam altogether. However, a solution may take some time to be implemented as each possible way to do so must be scrutinized to be sure it impacts the community as little as possible while still removing the great majority of this problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.  

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

GM Patrick
    NCSOFT Support Team

today

GM Andrew (Blade and Soul)

May 14, 05:17

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to report this possible violation of the rules. The Game Surveillance Team will investigate this spammers that are on your friend's list  and take appropriate action against them if found to be violating the User Agreement.

For privacy reasons, we are not able to provide specific information about what action is taken in response to this report. I'm sorry that we aren't able to provide more information about the outcome in this case. We do take these reports very seriously, and we will do everything we can to verify what happened.

Please do contact us again if you have any other concern or question.

Regards,

GM Andrew
NCSOFT Support Team

reality

9018eb6bc0734ccaf11ee38157b24f87o.jpg

Here's the list of spammers on Yunwa doing this daily. I've grown weary of this quickly.

qWoaV6u.jpg

I guess I'll have to disable friend request completely as it was stated earlier...but it is sad that I have to do this to protect myself from this harassment.

Edit: I cannot locate the 'disable friend request.' Can someone point me to where it is at in the settings? I cannot seem to find it under the community settings only disable clan and party invites.

I'v friended each and every one of them and marked them as spam which blocks them, then blocked them normally and deleted them off my list and they still send me friend request nonstop.

Some of them don't send any more request and some still do, maybe we have to block them all on all of our characters. (too much of a hassle) later on they make even MORE bots to send you request, FOR WHAT?! WHY?! WHATS THE POINT IN DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! They think annoying us to death will make us buy gold off of them?! How stupid will people get these days?!

The REAL question about this is how are they even finding us?! No ones ever asked that but me, it's impossible for them to just up and send request without some sort of Leaked information. 99% of these bots trying to friend us has been level 1 blade masters, the others are level 15 destroyers that we are no where NEAR in any towns. They even pm us too when again something like this should be impossible due to them being so low leveled it's no way in the world they should be able to find any players at all to contact without the players themselves surfing to their site buying gold.

Some information is being leaked out of NC some where! Just like how people were getting hacked! Some body better find this hole!

@DamnedYankee

There is no disable all.

DamnedYankee

6 minutes ago, Dad said:

I'v friended each and every one of them and marked them as spam which blocks them, then blocked them normally and deleted them off my list and they still send me friend request nonstop.

Some of them don't send any more request and some still do, maybe we have to block them all on all of our characters. (too much of a hassle) later on they make even MORE bots to send you request, FOR WHAT?! WHY?! WHATS THE POINT IN DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! They think annoying us to death will make us buy gold off of them?! How stupid will people get these days?!

The REAL question about this is how are they even finding us?! No ones ever asked that but me, it's impossible for them to just up and send request without some sort of Leaked information. 99% of these bots trying to friend us has been level 1 blade masters, the others are level 15 destroyers that we are no where NEAR in any towns. They even pm us too when again something like this should be impossible due to them being so low leveled it's no way in the world they should be able to find any players at all to contact without the players themselves surfing to their site buying gold.

Some information is being leaked out of NC some where! Just like how people were getting hacked! Some body better find this hole!

I wouldn't bother trying to block them because the blocking system is flawed and only blocks THAT character and not the account.  This is just a hunch, but stay away from bot armies or bots in general.  I went weeks without getting friend requests from bots until I went near a summoner bot army in misty woods then I started getting friend requests from them like crazy.  They probably catch your name when you go near them and get into their system....

I was wondering the same,for a long time I only had 2 friend requesting me,added them and then blocked them and I had none for weeks.

Now for whatever reason their number is increasing,I keep getting them on a daily basis and even got a random PM out of nowhere while I was doing today's MM daily mission.

3 hours ago, Quantum said:

I wouldn't bother trying to block them because the blocking system is flawed and only blocks THAT character and not the account.  This is just a hunch, but stay away from bot armies or bots in general.  I went weeks without getting friend requests from bots until I went near a summoner bot army in misty woods then I started getting friend requests from them like crazy.  They probably catch your name when you go near them and get into their system....

This still doesn't make sense because my other chars on other accounts are all in jadestone and they're also getting request, and I only log on them just to get my gem craft going.

The real problem is that the company is quite slothful in the way they proceed, they can't deny that in more than four months have had more than just enough to correct the disastrous system of "friends" and implement block by account level, for example.

Ah ... not .. is more easy develop "chests" by NCcoins to squeeze the money to the player, but to prevent someone being continually harassed by riffraff not ... that's not important.

Goldsellers bots, hacks and cheats roam free while those who commit the stupidity of paying a premium suffer the consequences of absolute incompetence that is showing.

Then annoys them to protest in the forums and make them hard criticisms, but .... would have sought.

They are taking the game to the absolute abyss .... It is unfortunate

Archived