Third Warlock iframe?

PauloBR

I would like to know if there's another iframe (resist dmg and status effects) at warlock skills.

Now I know about 2: Z (5sec 5x iframe) and SS (animation iframe).

Why do I ask? When Hae Mujin start his AoE, I need to iframe those... what I normally do:

- Z (resist 1 wave) [36secs cd]

- SS (resist 1 more) [9secs cd]

- ??? Well.. I'm screwed (take hit and cry)

I would really appreciate if someone knows about another way to resist it (judge like I don't have any way of getting out of the red circle).

And, if it isn't possible, suggest to maybe add a new Tier to SS with reduced cooldown (6 secs should be fine?).

1 minute ago, OneYouHate said:

learn the fight mechanics and maintain the correct positioning.  Ranged classes already have a superior advantage in everything, no need for more -frames.

Do you actually read what I wrote?

Just got the idea:

Its not the best solution but with a bit luck its working (also dont know the cd's at these skills)

You can Summon your Demon at another place like the other side of the area and if the AE is on you, you can switch position with it. Or if you're realy high skilled and the demon is also in an AE uyou can try him to get to mujin by pressing q and than switch xD about a tgird ifrime i poorly dont know

If you don't have lag, you can spec repulse (the 36s cooldown one) and it gives you 1s resist.
But practically you shouldn't get hit by it all 3 times as a range character if you stay near the edge of the arena. If you panic you can still use C to reduce damage/resist daze if you spec'd that too.

Also if you time it right, your Z should last long enough to save you from 2 hits out of the 3.

9 minutes ago, Nneil said:

Just got the idea:

Its not the best solution but with a bit luck its working (also dont know the cd's at these skills)

You can Summon your Demon at another place like the other side of the area and if the AE is on you, you can switch position with it. Or if you're realy high skilled and the demon is also in an AE uyou can try him to get to mujin by pressing q and than switch xD about a tgird ifrime i poorly dont know

Switching is only available with knockdown, stun, or daze.

But thanks. It would be nice if it was like Assassins' Lotus. =P

9 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

yes, i can read, stock invincibility potions in your inventory or hot bar if you find actually maintaining proper positioning to labor intensive for your present playstyle. 

I don't like relying on potions and Hae Mujin was an example.

I know there is open spots to his attacks (almost everytime), but I like training skills which requires timing to use (because I'm not from NA and I need to time when I need to press the button before I take the hit... I don't know if you get it...).

4 minutes ago, SereneGrace said:

If you don't have lag, you can spec repulse (the 36s cooldown one) and it gives you 1s resist.
But practically you shouldn't get hit by it all 3 times as a range character if you stay near the edge of the arena. If you panic you can still use C to reduce damage/resist daze if you spec'd that too.

That's an option. A really hard one but still possible.

And probably the only option available to what I was asking.

Thanks.

I rarely need to use any sort of iframe on hae cause of my positioning. There's a few places where you can simply move a few steps and avoid the aoes. That's honestly your only issue as a range in that fight and it's very simple to avoid.

yeah, basically you're missing the entire point. Warlock's i-frame skills are when mistakes get made and you need to bail your self out of a tight spot. If you're pressing Z instead of 4 then you're not even doing damage. 

If potions are available for a boss fight and you're not using them, then you're  contributing even less. I hope you understand. Using those potions with "your high ping" would seem an essential and necessary aspect of the fight, especially in the final seconds, when the AOEs become fast and random.  

Mastering the fight as a ranged class means u never get hit, can issue the correct  skill chains to ensure the max DPS available. Face tanking or just simply hoping to i-frame or eat the damage means you need more practice.

Also want to say this. As of now, range has the easiest time in dungeons, being able to avoid at least half of bosses mechanics just by being range lol. If you're just there to dps and nothing else, you could be watching a show and focus more on the show than the game and still be fine.

15 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

yeah, basically you're missing the entire point. Warlock's i-frame skills are when mistakes get made and you need to bail your self out of a tight spot. If you're pressing Z instead of 4 then you're not even doing damage. 

If potions are available for a boss fight and you're not using them, then you're  contributing even less. I hope you understand. Using those potions with "your high ping" would seem an essential and necessary aspect of the fight, especially in the final seconds, when the AOEs become fast and random.  

Another example could be Blood mane enrage. As fast as Hae Mujin but without open spots. (I'm not saying to let it enrage)

Z casts instantly so I can still press 4 or RMB.

I don't need to use potions if I have everything to counter it. I was playing an assassin before (Q,SS,C,V iframes), so I hadn't had to worry about finding an open spot (less concentration to hit = less DPS [worse to melees, because you cant hit at all]).

12 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Also want to say this. As of now, range has the easiest time in dungeons, being able to avoid at least half of bosses mechanics just by being range lol. If you're just there to dps and nothing else, you could be watching a show and focus more on the show than the game and still be fine.

Every class has a role and I know really well about how hard is to melee classes. My main is an assassin and I know how it is (especially with BW).

I did this thread to see if there's any option left, because Hae Mujin is really easy with my Sin (Q, SS, C, V -> more than perfect amount of iframes to keep hitting him without worries about where to run to not get hit).

Random talk: I know it's really easy to range classes, that's why I created the WL, BW is really annoying with my Sin (have to avoid a lot of hits to get a normal box, while FMs get Brilliant at range...)

Ehhh, well hopefully someday your game style will evolve to the point you understand how and why you should use your full toolkit- skills,potions etc.- If nothing else  maybe you might achieve some kind of enlightenment as to why positioning during a fight and potions such is invincibility ones are there to fill in the gaps of your evade and i-frames. It is all about knowledge of the fight and how you utilize the tools given. My blade Master will not even take damage during the fight 8/10 kills, Once you learn to read the boss's telegraphs and understand what he is going to do before it even happens, it simply  becomes   just another quick fight.

Good Luck and Have fun 

17 minutes ago, PauloBR said:

Another example could be Blood mane enrage. As fast as Hae Mujin but without open spots. (I'm not saying to let it enrage)

Z casts instantly so I can still press 4 or RMB.

I don't need to use potions if I have everything to counter it. I was playing an assassin before (Q,SS,C,V iframes), so I hadn't had to worry about finding an open spot (less concentration to hit = less DPS [worse to melees, because you cant hit at all]).

Every class has a role and I know really well about how hard is to melee classes. My main is an assassin and I know how it is (especially with BW).

I did this thread to see if there's any option left, because Hae Mujin is really easy with my Sin (Q, SS, C, V -> more than perfect amount of iframes to keep hitting him without worries about where to run to not get hit).

Random talk: I know it's really easy to range classes, that's why I created the WL, BW is really annoying with my Sin (have to avoid a lot of hits to get a normal box, while FMs get Brilliant at range...)

Your for sure solution to hae as a range is go to the very side of the box and just avoid the aoes. His roar thing idk wtf to call it lol will never hit you there so that's the only thing you need to worry about. As for mane. To be honest, I never have issues with that but that's really only because the group I run with actually CC's him when he does that aoe lol so I never have to worry about it. Maybe once or twice every now and then but we usually have it down. But yeah, you don't need anymore iframes just position yourself well enough and you'll never have to worry about that fight. Even if you're laggy, it's way easier and the aoes take awhile to even go off and you don't really lose out on dps by just moving over a tad bit to avoid it.

Only reason why my Warlock is ceruleon for BW's and terrors lol but I can't ge ta brilliant BW chest for the life of me even though I feel like my dps is on point, guess I'll keep tyring and experimenting.

6 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Ehhh, well hopefully someday your game style will evolve to the point you understand how and why you should use your full toolkit- skills,potions etc.- If nothing else  maybe you might achieve some kind of enlightenment as to why positioning during a fight and potions such is invincibility ones are there to fill in the gaps of your evade and i-frames. It is all about knowledge of the fight and how you utilize the tools given. My blade Master will not even take damage during the fight 8/10 kills, Once you learn to read the boss's telegraphs and understand what he is going to do before it even happens, it simply  becomes   just another quick fight.

Good Luck and Have fun 

I know about that. And I understand what you are trying to say. Thanks for that.

But... I want to fully use my skills, not relying on anything else.

Like I said a lot of times: Hae Mujin is an example, but sometime I could need what I was asking here (I learned about a 1sec iframe at Repulse thanks to coming here and posting this!).

That doesn't mean I won't change my playstyle.

6 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Your for sure solution to hae as a range is go to the very side of the box and just avoid the aoes. His roar thing idk wtf to call it lol will never hit you there so that's the only thing you need to worry about. As for mane. To be honest, I never have issues with that but that's really only because the group I run with actually CC's him when he does that aoe lol so I never have to worry about it. Maybe once or twice every now and then but we usually have it down. But yeha, you don't need anymore iframes just position yourself well enough and you'll never have to worry about that fight. Even if you're laggy, it's way easier and the aoes take awhile to even go off and you don't really lose out on dps by just moving over a tad bit to avoid it.

Hae Mujin and Blood Mane are examples.

Of course I'll adapt my playstyle with what's available to me.

But, like I said to OneYouHate, if I was missing some way to avoid red AoEs I would be a really bad WL player, not because of Hae Mujin or Blood Mane, but because maybe I'll need that knowledge sometime (be it at PvP, fighting a new boss, etc).

But thanks for the response guys.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

As a Warlock, the falling meteors are never an issue for me. Pay attention to the patterns and sometimes you can find a "sweet" spot. That's if you're lucky of course. Otherwise, you should only have to move a few steps in either direction if youre standing on the sides.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2016 at 1:26 AM, OneYouHate said:

yes, i can read, stock invincibility potions in your inventory or hot bar if you find actually maintaining proper positioning to labor intensive for your present playstyle. 

I do this. My play style is more of a stand in one spot and burst, move, then rinse repeat when it comes to bosses.

What I do when MM starts shitting from the sky on everyone is soulburn right before he starts...when he does and I'm in range I use invincible potion first, then Z, then S+S thats 16seconds of god mode. Soulburn party melts hp before that.

5 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

I do this. My play style is more of a stand in one spot and burst, move, then rinse repeat when it comes to bosses.

What I do when MM starts shitting from the sky on everyone is soulburn right before he starts...when he does and I'm in range I use invincible potion first, then Z, then S+S thats 16seconds of god mode. Soulburn party melts hp before that.

Yeah it is all good, Blade and Soul is a action combat title, where as a tab to target game forces your character to stand still to cast skills or attack, We have the availability to remain in motion with the majority of the skills we have to use, and most boss mechanics have been developed around that selling point. Otherwise your boss fights would be nothing more than a very boring uneventful 5 minutes of attacking what equals to a fancy hi-resolution training dummy.

Most players like your self understand this, OP seemed to have an issue grasping my point about maintaining proper positioning in a boss fight, and how not having the desire to use invin. pots actually lowered his contribution in a group setting

9 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

We have the availability to remain in motion with the majority of the skills we have to use, and most boss mechanics have been developed around that selling point.

Have you actually played a warlock? A huge chunk of warlock skills either self-root you during cast animations or will be broken by movement. 

You're still not wrong about the general movement-based playstyle of the game, but in warlock's case, it often revolves around finding a good opportunity to park yourself still for 5-10 seconds, offload a barrage, cap it off with leech or imprison, allowing you one or two special instant casts of your spells to allow you to keep attacking as you move to your next safe spot to do it again. Getting CCed or having to move too much can mess up your rotation pretty badly in some cases. Especially if you're forced to drop an imprison cast before you can get all 5 hits in.  Warlock needs some specific skill settings and some HM skills to maintain high mobility. (HM Dragoncall/helix alone is a huge boon to mobile DPS on bosses if you have a good enough crit to proc it frequently) 

That said, parking yourself still and being a human turret for the ENTIRE boss fight is a pretty bad habit to get into, and that playstyle will get one into serious trouble late game. 

The opening post did pick a somewhat poor example given that people are just picking on his ability to avoid Hae Mujin's AOEs. (Which IS not that big of an issue once you're level 50 and have a few health/defense soul shields in play, at that point you can eat several of those hits if you mess one up) But the warlock's lack of iframe and stunbreaking skills IS a legitimate problem in some fights, so thier actual question is worth discussing. Surviving skills like the scorpion queen's nightmare wave is pretty brutal as a warlock if you don't get some extra iframes from teammate support like a FM frost sheathe. 

Honestly, in some of those cases, I'd favor just a touch more health and defense on soul shields given the opportunity to take them without giving up too much crit; and then dropping sanctum for the extra defense and healing and just toughing out the extra hit or two you end up eating on those bosses. 

I'll keep this short and simple.

When in fights such as going against Yeti it normally prompts me to press z first, then ss. I use ss, then press z for the second wave and by that time ss has cooled down for the 3rd hit. Doing it manually works so much better as-well.

13 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

Most players like your self understand this, OP seemed to have an issue grasping my point about maintaining proper positioning in a boss fight, and how not having the desire to use invin. pots actually lowered his contribution in a group setting

The pots themselves aren't even hard to get either. Maybe OP thinks they are hard to collect, we're on the topic of MM boss still, all op has to do is buy up a bunch of nsh essences and spin wheel. They'll most certainly get 10+ invincible potions or if they have the money just buy it from npc.

Archived