NVidia Inspector How to remove application executable from other profiles?

ThyKiera

When I select Absolute path it says: 'ERROR adding application 'This application executable is already assigned to another profile!'

BUT

Which one is it? There are a million profiles in there? Also pretty sure this is the first time I used inspector for any game.
Is there a quicker way to find out which one it is?

OH FFS this is so frustrating.

Someone please help.

The steps are....

1. Download nvidia inspector http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
2. Open it and click the tool icon next to the driver version
3. Locate Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in the profile selection
4. Click the "add application to current profile" icon
5. Locate the Blade and Soul client.exe located in Ncsoft/BnS/bin - this will be wherever you installed it at.
6. IMPORTANT: Make sure to select "Application absolute path" above the open/cancel buttons when you select the client.exe
7. Hit Apply Changes
8. Scroll down to the Other section of the settings and find "Shim Rendering Mode Options per application for Optimus" and change it to "SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE" and Apply Changes again.
9. Open your Nvidia control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings
10. Click the Program Settings tab and then hit add
11. Click browse and go to where you installed BnS and find the client.exe file in the Ncsoft/BnS/bin directory
12. After selecting the client.exe the profile should be named Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn but have the BnS icon next to the name.
13. Go back to Nvidia inspector and under Compatibility find SLI compatibility bits (NOT the DX1x one) and change it to: 0x03402405 (Blade & Soul (China), Blade & Soul (Korea))
14. Now under Other find Memory Allocation Policy and change it to "WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION"
Note: This forces your windows theme to switch to basic rather than Aero.
15. Under Antialiasing change Antialiasing - Behavior Flags to "None"
16. Hit Apply Changes and you should be good to go.

When I get to step 6 it brings up this ERROR 

'ERROR adding application 'This application executable is already assigned to another profile!'

2 hours ago, reilo5 said:

Okay from within the game profiles search and navigate to Blade and Soul,

there's going to be either 2 or 3 of them

BnS China

BnS Korea 

BnS only

Remove them and try again

Ok tried it still doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.

I did press apply changes. However, the predefined application executable could not be deleted. The list of exe in the green bar does not change even if I press apply changes. This link below told me to do a clean install using a third-party application DDU, but that did not work either.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/843993/nvidia-inspector-problem-can-t-delete-a-profile/

I've used NVIDIA Inspector a few weeks ago and had the same problem. I manually deleted all the B&S profiles I could find and still couldn't apply changes... BUT, there was that one profile, can't recall its full name but I do remember there was "exe" in it somewhere (without the quotes), or at the end of it (of its profile name). I don't remember if the 'exe' part was between parenthesis or not either (sorry about that, wish I could remember). So anyway I deleted that profile as well (I didn't at first glance because it didn't seem to have anything to do with B&S itself). After I deleted that one specific profile I could finally create a new B&S profile manually and associate the game's executable to Inspector, and applied the changes I wanted without the error.

Now, with this said, I would like to point at something.

I assume that you want to use Inspector to apply Anti-Aliasing to B&S? Maybe you want to do more changes, but if you want to use it mainly for AA, then I've tried multiple settings myself (of AA compatibility). In the end, the best (visual) result, in my opinion anyway, wasn't from Inspector. Indeed, all the AA methods I've tried from Inspector never truly anf fully applied AA to everything on-screen. Not to mention that some of them created visual glitches (one of them was seeing a weird multi-colored very thin horizontal line at the top of my screen whenever I was hovering my game cursor on top of another player, and disappeared when I moved the cursor away). Instead, I left Inspector alone and simply used the official NVIDIA's Control Panel to activate FXAA from the global settings panel. There's "Global Settings", and then there's a "Programs Settings" tab, just use Global. It's the third option from the top of the list, turn that On, and then apply the change. Then start up the game and use FXAA in the game's advanced graphics options, just turn it on and apply it (doesn't have to be set at more than the first value, visually it doesn't seem to bring any better quality if you set it at 4, for example). Just do remember to turn it back Off whenever you don't play B&S, because then you'll have it in other games (and it may cause issues in those games).

In my opinion it's the best overall image quality. However, doing FXAA on a driver / global level ends up being a little bit more demanding on the GPU. Another thing to consider is that it seems that in-game text is somewhat blurred by the global FXAA as well. It's like a 'layer' on top of the screen. I got used to it after about a day of play. Now I don't even remember how it looks like without FXAA since I've always been using that AA method so far.

I can still run the game at maximum, at 1080p. I only disabled two options in Post Processing, namely Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur. I never liked AO, in any game I've seen it used. It's just an additional shadow effect around your character and objects that - in my opinion - add nothing more than what I call "visual clutter" on-screen, and it eats some extra juice off of my card. And Motion Blur is giving me a headache over time (I'm not joking on that, it's "ok" in some games, bad in others, the way it's used in B&S makes me feel dizzy after 1 hour or so). But other than those two options, everything else is maxed out.

Anyway, just wanted to share this (if it wasn't about AA at all, then oh well, at least this info is there for people to see it if then need it).

Thank you for your informative answer. I tried your method and did not find any differences on my visuals. So in the end, I'm just going to use the normal settings. It's not like I was horrified by the aliasing of blade and soul. I just wanted smoother curves for my character and all this work is not worth it for me.

Archived