Petition: Hire in-game GMs

Akamu

Very simple thread. This is here to show NC Soft the support for it hiring GMs to actually be present within the game.

If they had GMs who actively monitored the actual game with the ability to ban accounts, I feel they could handle the bot issue much better. They could actually see how balanced the factions are. Heck, have some play in the arena so that when they run into the all-too-common bot, they can instantly ban it. Bots are responsible for a lot of the hassle players receive in-game (whispers, Friend Requests, etc), for the massive deflation of item value making it even harder for us to grind money for the hardcoded item upgrades, make arena annoying (albeit easier) and require us to block spammers several times a day. It'd also allow them to actually see how effective their measures are against botters and other ilk.

Like this post if you agree. Feel free to comment with additional ideas, but try not to get way off topic to keep this as representative of GM support as possible.

3 hours ago, LightningSora said:

bro, what do you know, its possible that are active GM's but you can't see them, they are like john cenas.

I highly doubt it when I can see floods of bots running around. We need GMs in-game with actual power, not people who go home and play the game for fun that wave at the bots as they run by.

2 minutes ago, Akamu said:

I highly doubt it when I can see floods of bots running around. We need GMs in-game with actual power, not people who go home and play the game for fun that wave at the bots as they run by.

they are taking the game casually, they depend on gameguard to do the GM's job, and I bet they are not planning to change.

3 hours ago, LightningSora said:

they are taking the game casually, they depend on gameguard to do the GM's job, and I bet they are not planning to change.

...Your point? That's why I made this thread; to indicate that's not sufficient to us.

3 minutes ago, Yomachi said:

They said in stream it's not viable atm because it's resource extensive (not enough funding I guess?).

Are we paying them monopoly money or toilet paper for the premium membership? It is not like they are not making any money, use some of those to provider us with basic services. 

I felt like they just port a 5 years old game to NA so they can cash in and let the game die slowly. If they want to maintain a healthy player base, this is common sense. I felt like a moron spending moneys on this game, I will not continue paying until something being done. We are not asking for complete elimination of bots, we know it is impossible, but at least routinely banning people so hacking/botting/win trading isn't without risk. 

Just now, Akamu said:

Assuming I take your word for it: Fire them. If they're not doing their job, they shouldn't be here.

you don't have to take my word.

here are my final words : as long as they are making enough money , they are not going to take their product seriously.

Archived