Stupid Death Walls

Kaiservadin

While fighting inferal boss to try at my next upgrade i kept dieing to flaming death walls i revive and try to catch up but party was already fighting the final boss in the dungeon which made my time trying to farming that boss completely pointless 2nd time i got a weapon chest and bought a key and open it i am not dealing with that parting abusing shit !

I think when your fighting the last boss in the dungeon it should be removed as its unfair to other party members i expect dungeons after this one to have this death wall too so i will most likely rage quit very hard !

Just a simple mechanic to prevent from "Wipe threw boss" u have to kill him in one single try, without that wall u could just stand up and come back to fight. Its a bit retardet in the lvl 36 instanz because there are a lot of Noo*** who go into this instanz for there 2 Soulstones and just *cricket*ing up the lvl ~36 guys who are farming there gear in it.

Simple solution would be to remove the 2 Soulstones from that instanz.

In 45 inis its just normal to wait for the whole group before starting a boss fight. Just hold on and if smo is doing this during lvl phase ignore it stay on ground and bit on ur loot at end, u just now this will end soon.

The better answer would be to just have a door that closes the arena shortly after the fight starts, which only opens after the boss has been beaten or resets if the party fighting it is defeated. Tera did that, and while it was still a bit annoying  if someone started the fight early and locked you out, it at least didn't rub salt in the wound by killing you pointlessly too.

They have a bit of a problem with doors in this game engine. ;)

Just see the SS exploit that was still in the game several years into it... and there are a bunch of other things where clipping and terrain lead to weird effects.

So instead they put in a massive wall of death, just to be sure. Cause programming is hard. 

3 hours ago, Fatalito said:

They could at least added a timer. >.<

But yeah, I'm at level 45 and I never start a boss fight on these instances unless I'm sure everyone is in, because it sucks to be left out.

Ditto. Fortunately as a BM, everyone expects me to tank anyways, so on the higher dungeons people will wait anyways.

Can we talk about what's worse than the fire walls? The orbs that shoot you from inside them. Hory swit. I've gotten near fire to revive somebody, only to be gunned down by a god hiding in the flames.

Also, I always thought this was to help prevent leeches. Wasn't it? This way they can't sprint to the end when you finish it and claim the reward?

I don't know what this prevents. Leechers can wait at the other side of the fire and claim pretty much everything anyways, so all this does is..... kill slower players who were honestly going to fight the boss anyway? <.<

3 hours ago, Fatalito said:

I don't know what this prevents. Leechers can wait at the other side of the fire and claim pretty much everything anyways, so all this does is..... kill slower players who were honestly going to fight the boss anyway? <.<

Can they? I've only encountered a leech once or twice, so I couldn't remember.
Ah well, yeah I think the fire is dumb. I like the door much better. It also sounds cooler for effect. xD

On 3/11/2016 at 5:31 AM, HMint said:

They have a bit of a problem with doors in this game engine. ;)

Just see the SS exploit that was still in the game several years into it... and there are a bunch of other things where clipping and terrain lead to weird effects.

So instead they put in a massive wall of death, just to be sure. Cause programming is hard. 

Then they could just put the insta-death fire wall inside or around the door to stop people from phasing through it, not line the entire corridor up to the door with fire.

On 12/03/2016 at 10:08 AM, Fatalito said:

They could at least added a timer. >.<

But yeah, I'm at level 45 and I never start a boss fight on these instances unless I'm sure everyone is in, because it sucks to be left out.

Not only does it suck, but it's also pretty much a death sentence for whoever rushed to do it in later Heroic dungeons, like Bloodshade Harbor. It forces the rushers to die and let others catch up and THEN start over, basically wasting weapon durability for no real reason by dying when they could have simply waited. It's not as much of an issue in easier dungeons like Tomb of the Exiles if it's, say, a couple of high lvls doing it and they can actually beat the boss. Unless they engage the boss RIGHT when you're at a point where the firewall of death shows up. That's frankly asinine.

Rule of thumb: NEVER rush to engage bosses until everyone else is in the same room and ready to fight (as in properly healed/specced and got Dragon Coils).

• 2 years later...

They seriously need to remove these death walls. Can't tell you how many times I have died because my teammates decided to attack the boss before I passed the entrance of the room (even when I'm just like 1 meter behind). It's especially frustrating because the wall is usually invisible till after I have been killed by it. The fact that it respawns you to the very beginning of the dungeon, forcing you to backtrack (probably with you being unable catch up to your party in time) is just pouring salt to the injury. And I gotta tell ya, the salt is real when it happens in a daily dungeon, cause then it pretty much means your party finishes the dungeon without you, and you will be unable to do it again until the very next day. 

Archived