Need help with surviving?

SayianPrince

i decided to try out a destroyer after coming from blademaster and really have been enjoying it so far. The problem is as a bm I was able to use block as my blocking skill, how do I block big bosses here as a destroyer? I try to solo them and sometimes I'll die especially when he spawns adds at the same time. I don't get how t block his skills, some people say use hurricane and move out the way but is that the only way?

Hurricane is generally the best way to deal with too many enemies at a time if you spec it to increase your defense while using the skill (Tier 4 Stage 2). Then you circle the enemies to better avoid being hit. You can also combine it with Emberstomp (Tier 3 Stage 2, it gets even better at Tier 5 if you get its skill book at current endgame) for an even better defense for a bit.

Now, if you need a healing from a skill but it's too risky to use Cleave (Tier 4 Stage 3) or Smash (Stage 2, although some prefer ditch the healing by going Stage 1 for the extra range and charge properties, especially for PvP) before being DPS'd to death, there's Stone Shield (many default to Stage 4 due to the stun and deflect penetration properties, but I prefer Stage 3 for pure healing due to shorter cooldown), which is the closest thing Destroyer has to a more traditional block... but even Stage 3 has a bit of a long cooldown at 30 seconds.

Don't forget the iframe skills either when you can't really afford to take damage:  Leap Back, Searing Strike (I put it at Tier 1 to reduce its Focus cost), Fury (Tier 4 Stage 1) and even Ram (Tier 4 Stage 2).

Also, don't be afraid to pop up a Healing Tonic on occasion, especially for the endgame stuff. You should have hundreds if these by the time you get there and they aren't hard to come by anyway. There are also gems with life drain properties: start with Amethyst, then get Citrine.

Hope this helps.

21 minutes ago, SayianPrince said:

I see, so is survivability hard on a destroyer? Do they die more often than other classes?

No?

They can block with stone shield, they can block by grabbing enemies and using them as a shield from frontal attacks. You got iframes on C. Hurricane for good dmg reduction and mobility. You can cc alot. Your health regen is the best. Pop fury with emerstomp form 2 and while using the lifesteal cleave, should take you from 1% to 100% health in a couple of sec.

I'd say l2p.

2 hours ago, cvnoz said:

I rather go with parry on hurricane with the 0.5 sec deflekt if you time your spins so mobs hit in to deflekt you dont take damage at all.

Not likely the most lag-friendly spec, though, so it's kind of unreliable, even if it's technically better at mitigating/avoiding damage. Tier 4 Stage 2 is often good enough for pretty much everything, plus it's a lot more forgiving with timing and lag.

For what is worth, a combination of all what I said above was good enough to, say, tank Hae Mujin's AOE wipes in the 6-man version (so a non-bot Destroyer has its perks in Bloodshade, people :P). Yes, I did it twice yesterday and with True Profane (with 25 Attack power Diamond, but still). I don't think any other class can boast about that kind of thing. So yeah, Destroyer can be quite good at not dying if you spec his skill to regenerate as much health as possible.

Use the defense version of emberstomp and use the defense version of hurricane on my Destro during hurricane while standing in emberstomp I have almost 8.5k defense bosses hit me like a wet noodle and as for lots of adds use typhoon with the stun you can easily kill tons of adds without them ever even hitting you 

As others said, you need defense + damage reduction on Hurricane (middle column). Use it when a boss is doing a big attack and you will take close to no damage.

If you want to aoe 2139234234 mobs at the same time, spec Typhoon into stun (middle column all the way down), spec Emberstomp into defense (second column) and let it rip.

Overall, I find myself surviving better than most other classes.

Ok I'm getting the hang of this. You actually gotta learn to play him properly (not fully exped, just with a bit experience) and you start doing a lot better. xD I just wondering how I should setup my typhoon? I like that skill but should I go down the path that keeps it at 30 cool down, or the other one that changes it to 1 minute cd but has a lot of other perks with it? I do spam that skill as soon as I can, any suggestions?

22 hours ago, SayianPrince said:

Ok I'm getting the hang of this. You actually gotta learn to play him properly (not fully exped, just with a bit experience) and you start doing a lot better. xD I just wondering how I should setup my typhoon? I like that skill but should I go down the path that keeps it at 30 cool down, or the other one that changes it to 1 minute cd but has a lot of other perks with it? I do spam that skill as soon as I can, any suggestions?

I thought you was gonna to dump warrior to play a sin? :P About typhoon i almost always run with the 30sec in pve, if i know the mobs can cc me i'll switch to the 1min.

I don't spec my Typhoon mainly because I already used my points in skills that, at the time, I deemed less situational. But once I reach HM3 and take away 1 point I put in Scorching Strike, I can spec Typhoon to T3S2. That seems to be the generally favored spec for that skill but, as said above, if mobs can't CC you, not speccing Typhoon works too.

Just remember you can spam it if you hold Q and you have the focus to abuse it. I felt stupid about learning the 'hold Q' bit so late, but now I'm making sure to have a blast with that as soon as True Profane effects kick in and I can pretty much spam Typhoon for at least about half the cooldown duration. xD

Likely not as efficient as anicanceling, but what do I care? I'm still inexperienced with anicancel and Typhoon spam is more fun anyway. :P Remember to combine it with Emberstomp with the right spec for extra defense.

Archived