Why the English localisation get such a small budget?

MagnumDI

Missing 90% of the games voice audio seems like a pretty big deal to just overlook. And that audio that is present is often inconsistent in quality between dialogue lines.

So whats the deal with this? The other regions all seem to have gotten a full voice cast. Why go cheap on this version?

They should've just avoided the problem completely and left the korean voices.

I changed to JP a while ago and while playing with my gf I constantly comment on NPCs talking and she says they don't in english.

I've switched to JP as well for exactly that reason.

It seems like the early levels got all of the voice work so they could make a good first impression on new players, and then the rest of the game is completely hollow.

not only that, some character's line are completely changed from original translation.

With from JP voice or KR voice , some stuff (even in main story) don't even match up with ENGLISH subtitles.

NC west must have used their own office ppl for voice acting, rather than using legit voice actors, because they are TERRIBLE. 

I wonder what NC west actually do.

• translations are horrible. 
  • horrible voice acting.
  • Bot banning is so slow and ineffective, you still see so many bots in blue dungeons and pvp arena.
  • All they do is waiting for patch from other regions; they are not actually making new region or new quest themselves.
  • they cannot solve the game guard issue
  • same goes with optimization issues.

To be honest, this is the MMO i played with better traslations and voice acting. I don't know how it compares to other versions, but when compared to other online games out there it stands out. Of course it is not perfect, but I at least am not looking for single-player-game quality when I play a MMORPG, as many of you seem to be. Just my unpopular 0.02€, I guess...

4 minutes ago, Amkatar said:

To be honest, this is the MMO i played with better traslations and voice acting. I don't know how it compares to other versions, but when compared to other online games out there it stands out. Of course it is not perfect, but I at least am not looking for single-player-game quality when I play a MMORPG, as many of you seem to be. Just my unpopular 0.02€, I guess...

LOL sound of a fan boy!

2 minutes ago, NoMoreBnS said:

LOL sound of a fan boy!

Yep. And how do you call complaining about absolutely, positively, everything in a game? Sound of a rage boy perhaps? Sound of a hater?

Look, the game has problems. Bots and hacks are obviously one of them. The game has optimization problems. The game has things going for it, and things against it. Localization is just not one of those problems, imo. To each its own. If you complain about everything i don't know why you play the game anyway. Or, if you dont play anymore, why you still lurk in the forums.

Just now, Amkatar said:

Yep. And how do you call complaining about absolutely, positively, everything in a game? Sound of a rage boy perhaps? Sound of a hater?

Look, the game has problems. Bots and hacks are obviously one of them. The game has optimization problems. The game has things going for it, and things against it. Localization is just not one of those problems, imo. To each its own. If you complain about everything i don't know why you play the game anyway. Or, if you dont play anymore, why you still lurk in the forums.

Don't you notice my forum name...of course i don't play this game anymore but it doesn't stop me spreading the negative voice/comment to NEW COMERS so they can stop and think about their decision before wasting their time with this game!

10 minutes ago, NoMoreBnS said:

Don't you notice my forum name...of course i don't play this game anymore but it doesn't stop me spreading the negative voice/comment to NEW COMERS so they can stop and think about their decision before wasting their time with this game!

So, you are just butthurt the game didnt live up to your expectations and cant leave at peace with yourself without making your rage public in the forum. Suit yourself.

8 minutes ago, Amkatar said:

Did it ever occur to you that maybe people are angry because they actually CARE about the game?

They CARE about the proliferation of bots and hacks

They CARE about the poor optimization

They CARE about the shoddy localization

I can go on about a myriad of issues that people just might CARE about that are not being addressed in a forward and progressive manner by NC.

You can only say "we're working on it" so often before it becomes a catch-all excuse to deflect attention away from the real issues that plague this game.

I love this game and I'm passionate about this game and it is absolutely painful to watch what NC is doing(not doing) to it with this Western release.

Some of it's great, some of it's crap. Any business school worth its salt teaches that inconsistent product is a sign of a bad system, and it just makes me think that whoever coordinates this operation has no idea how to manage it properly. It's the same thing with Nexon and Vindictus though. Multi-million dollar titles, money being lost constantly because of poor standardization of their systems. Experiences may vary regionally because of differences in the target audiences, but the quality should not.

The Vindi servers in NA/EU are scraping the bottom of the barrel population-wise because of years of bad management, but feel free to follow them if that's the way you want to go, NCSoft. What's funny is that the places where the voice acting and foley work has been done really well stand to make the bad production that much more of a pain to endure.

Speak with your wallet; I stopped spending with Nexon because they ignored customers, and I won't spend here until they show that their responsive to what we ask for and that their serious about keeping the quality of this game consistent.

My thoughts on it.

Grilled yutay sounds good, or maybe friWHAT SHOULD WE HAVE FOR DINNER?

honestly i kinda enjoy some of the vo [like most of the blackram cause they're funny, and juwol cause she is bae] (and hate some.. I'M LOOKING AT YOU CHENGUM/ILSIM >->), but some of them feels so.. emotionless, idk why..

I also hated when i found out that they were using the same dubbers for different ppl.. in the main story line (yes i'm looking at you again chengum/ilsim)

and also, somes are even missing a vo (like poor old cobalt) or have some odd translations (like, the womans from tomb of exiles, they're like "oh get me out of this place" "ugh this stinks" "save me" but their dialog box is like "dont touch my husband!" like wtf..)

Archived