@players asking for 400 attack power for a dungeon?

Devinator00

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other issue with this "elitism" is people leaving parties. Say you have like 4 HM1s and like a HM3 in the party. a HM4 or 5 join in and see that majority of the party is HM1 and ASSUMES that they have no knowledge of anything and is "undergeared" so they leave. The process happens over and over again until someone that is decent minded joins and stays. I've run into countless people who SHOULD have enough experience to play through the current end game dungeons with their "I spent a lot of time and work getting 440AP" yet still manage to fail just as bad as beginners. It really sickens me when they discriminate against those who are averagely  geared for said dungeons.

Back to the topic of attack power though, if you're running around with Inferno weapons then you shouldn't even be attempting these dungeons. Stick with E Fleet and Nightshade for money/shields then come back when you have at least Profane. True Profane is good enough for all three.

These requirements are starting to turn into standards.

I will just say this man. Nothing wrong with you trying to run any dungeon, it is a game, do what you want. People will probably kick you because it is very hard to run with many people under 380 attack power in Naryu Labyrinth. To be honest though, people can't queue cross server and expect a perfect party. If you want to queue for Naryu, I would said do it. It takes only about 350 attack power on your team to clear the 1st 2 bosses. Games like these are about having fun and progressing, so do whatever it takes. Noob this, noob that, we all just sitting on our butt behind a computer screen. Just do whatever you feel like and whatever makes you enjoy the game cause haters will hate no matter the circumstances.

Oh and btw, for the rest of you, I am not a noob saying this, as I myself have 436 attack power. If you wanna whine about having to carry someone, make your own premade and don't do cross server.

23 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

Yesterday I got removed or trying to join a dungeon party that required 400+ attack power. Now I don't play this game all day so my gear is bad only got 320 ap right now but i just dont get why people are being so elitist in this game now. I left world of warcraft for this same reason. I hope this game doesn't start becoming this way. Not everyone is a hard core player. I'm a casual and I don't have time for getting all the fancy shitt so please stop this now.

Uhhh...welcome to mmos in general?

Since people are unlikely to change I'd recommend finding another solution. Join an active clan, play with friends, etc. Stop doing pugs.

Elitism is what will eventually kill this game if this trend keeps up.

I know a similar game, vindictus had ridiculous attack requirement to enter and enjoy new content, eventually this led to an exodus of new players and a circle jerk of elitist cancers, what's even more hilarious is how some groups still failed even when they meet the requirement.

350+ AP should be enough in general, if you want 400 AP, create a private group/guild and stay out of cross server matching.

Higher attack power means potentially faster runs. But only potentially.

Some people are decked out in True Pirate / Siren gear yet when it comes to gate mechanics, they know nothing of the sort. I was just in 4-man Bloodshade Harbor and a 458 AP player didn't know how to joint combo to nullify big AOE attacks - it tried to blame me when I have double daze and KD specced.

For those runs where is preferably that you have over 400 AP, I highly recommend going with your clan members or friends because pugging into those parties through cross-server-queue is a hit or miss.

if you dont want to deal with the people who are making their own groups, just use the party matching.  

people who cant be bothered to level up their gear are not forced to deal with those of us who seek faster smoother runs.

complaining about them making their own party with an ap requirement is like complaining about some guild... over there!!!  hey wtf!!!  why arent you letting me run in your guild run!! you dirty elitist bastards!!!

now thats just not elitist, its just how they want to play.   now, go play with other randoms in the party matcher instead of complaining that you cant get carried.  because thats what this complaint amounts to.

12 minutes ago, Audabon said:

if you dont want to deal with the people who are making their own groups, just use the party matching.  

people who cant be bothered to level up their gear are not forced to deal with those of us who seek faster smoother runs.

complaining about them making their own party with an ap requirement is like complaining about some guild... over there!!!  hey wtf!!!  why arent you letting me run in your guild run!! you dirty elitist bastards!!!

now thats just not elitist, its just how they want to play.   now, go play with other randoms in the party matcher instead of complaining that you cant get carried.  because thats what this complaint amounts to.

Here is where the other problem lies.

You go in cross server and click LFP. You get thrown into a party and as soon as you load into the dungeon lobby, people leave the party because of AP. Now you're back to being stuck not able to do the run because everyone that joins keeps leaving because of said AP.

On 3/11/2016 at 7:57 PM, Chikki said:

Yeah because you need 400AP to clear BSH or POH. That's some upper elitist bullshit right there. 350 is PLENTY to clear that unless the party tries to make up for no skills by stacking AP and facerolling? Funny, because higher AP people in my parties tend to die first in MOBS, then call the rest noobs and leave.

This is so true lol,i have no problems with people who arent geared much in being in my party,heck i did Lab 6man and i was only one with 400+ AP,cleared it without a problem and i don't see a problem if i helped carry them a bit,glad to help people.

True if you have below 350 AP then you shouldn't even considering going to Lab,at least not with randoms cause that's just a mess usualy,but if people know what to do and are okay with dungeon taking a bit longer,don't see a reason for all the hate.

Profaine weapon is more then enough for POH/BSH 4 and 6 man both,for naryu lab it should at least be siren gear,knowing what to do and strategy us more important then gear.

True enrage timers can be a a problem if you don't have decent DPS,but that's mostly problem at Naryu Lab, POH and BSH is all about strategy and surviving.

I think people are over analyzing this situation and the time idly spent could be applied towards character progression.  It is highly unlikely the people requesting a certain AP min threshold are sitting there with a calculator calculating the potential DPS that you could contribute but are vaguely glancing over, and using the base AP value as a general value and doing so when people simply want a 'speed run' without any flux.   At the same time, it is a bit crazy that someone requested 400 AP min threshold for any other dung then 4lab/4bsh/4poh, and if it was the blue dungs, the player that requested has some problems because at 400+ AP min you ought to be able to solo the blue dungs by yourself.

On 3/10/2016 at 5:21 PM, Duniak said:

350 is low for BSH, so it's understandable.

EDIT: Besides, topic name is "asking for 400+", so 390 is also too low. Only Naryu has such crazy requirements. Thinking soooo hard.

For 6 man?? that doesn't make sense at all.

Summary of thread ... people won't let my un-geared character into THEIR runs and instead of looking at it from their point of view as to why or just not joining their runs at all, I'm going to cry on the forums about it.

tl;dr

I want to post my experience today.I have 371 ap atm,with no ap gem and i did lab for the First time today with only 2 ppl over 400ap and the run was perfect,so there you have it.

On a side note i want to add something today that i seen a party advertising 400+ap to do nightshade harbor,yes the 24 man,i am still laughing about it after so many hrs,haha.

Lab doesnt have insane requirements,only ppl ask for it and its the same thing as some lower levels try to do a dungeon,instead of throwing away all the items,some person undergeared get it.How many times you do a dungeon and noone bids on a soul shield?The point is that some person actually could use that and he/she get it,improving his/her gear so in the long run it'll be much easier to find better geared ppl for all your runs.

39 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

tl;dr

I want to post my experience today.I have 371 ap atm,with no ap gem and i did lab for the First time today with only 2 ppl over 400ap and the run was perfect,so there you have it.

On a side note i want to add something today that i seen a party advertising 400+ap to do nightshade harbor,yes the 24 man,i am still laughing about it after so many hrs,haha.

Lab doesnt have insane requirements,only ppl ask for it and its the same thing as some lower levels try to do a dungeon,instead of throwing away all the items,some person undergeared get it.How many times you do a dungeon and noone bids on a soul shield?The point is that some person actually could use that and he/she get it,improving his/her gear so in the long run it'll be much easier to find better geared ppl for all your runs.

So because your one run went perfectly, group leaders who are putting in the actual work of forming a group should let in any random person and not ask for gear requirements?  For every one run like yours theres 20 runs full of randoms that gets stuck at Clown and wastes a bunch of people's time.  If you don't like them doing it then you are free to form your own 4 man with 371 AP requirement (or none).

I am pretty sure big part of the players that believe they entitled to get carried are same people on social funds.  the lack of respect of others is mindblowning

I have 460+ AP, i didnt get that by getting carried.  I was running 100 Brightstone runs before 28-01, to gain me gold.  I DIDNT do POH4-6 Man before my weapon was awk siren.    I leveled a FM i did labs last night... with clan mates with my 385 AP ( THIS IS A FRESH 45 toon).  

my first move into lab was 450 on Des.  but 390-400 AP for lab Is UNDERSTANBLEABLE. and i would require same.

Even if i run poh,bsh and labs. i refuse to bother with anyone with less than 370. If they fail at understanding how easy they can get AP,  they probly also lack the class and dung knowlegde. meaning i have to ress their dead bodies of the ground While carrying them to need every single loot. 

My 460 AP, i can smash you for upward 30k in One hit. If you can do same please join me with less otherwise. Do not waste my  playtime on carrying you. you showed disrespect by thinking you are entitled to be carried. 

I have spend many hours getting my gear, and i  should use extra time on carrying someone ignoreant enough to believe they are doing their job with 350 that have not had to grind for days to just to effort ONE MTS at 13g.  And you complain about 30g upgrade cost.. I´m speechless, you say you have to do these dailies.. You are wrong.. 

L2P is fitting. You read up on game, you learn the game. and you will easily get 380+ no time. instead QQing about being bad on forums..

Call me a weirdo or stupid but i'm the person just like to help out people, i don't even care if i work for hours and spent 500g to upgrade my gears just so i could help/carry others.

For those whines about it, shame on you. You are better to play with clannies than public dungeons.

Just now, TryGoogleThis said:

Well if you enjoy to carry so much keep doing it,. i will do it for clan mates, but no fack way i will do it for ungrateful pugs that believe they are hotstuff.

Usually clannies think they are the hotstuffs, it disguise me more than pugs.

Just now, Aevri said:

Call me a weirdo or stupid but i'm the person just like to help out people, i don't even care if i work for hours and spent 500g to upgrade my gears just so i could help/carry others.

For those whines about it, shame on you. You are better to play with clannies than public dungeons.

Well if you enjoy to carry so much keep doing it,. i will do it for clan mates, but no fack way i will do it for ungrateful pugs that believe they are hotstuff.

55 minutes ago, Aevri said:

Usually clannies think they are the hotstuffs, it disguise me more than pugs.

well some of us have well working clans with good social behavior, and bonds with some of the people in our clan. 

we aimed our clan at 30 active 45s, with room for one alt. certain rules to use of TS and website. it worked out great so far. only *cricket* being myself.

in reality, it is possible to do POH with 320+, BSH with 350 +, and naryu with 400+. Reason why people prefer 400 + is because it's showing that at least that person somewhat understands what they are doing in this game. I'm not going to say that this is completely fair, but this game gives you all the necessary resources to make gold. It is pricy and grindy but it is an mmo, what did you expect. from the 24 mans thats nearly 4 gold, running POH and BSH is at least another 2, while doing tower can easily be another 3g, not to mention to can sell small spoils that you receive, sell soulstones, keys. I sell moonwater stones but i don't buy any of the mats i just farm em to get full profit. It takes time but when it's able to pay for my gear and helping out my guildies, its all worth it. Don't call me an elitist and say that i would prefer higher up people, but when i see someone with a damn blue moonwater shield using a dokumo weapon to get in BSH because they don't even have true profane, that's kinda annoying, because at that point, we're 5 manning it. 

13 minutes ago, PCComet said:

in reality, it is possible to do POH with 320+, BSH with 350 +, and naryu with 400+. Reason why people prefer 400 + is because it's showing that at least that person somewhat understands what they are doing in this game. I'm not going to say that this is completely fair, but this game gives you all the necessary resources to make gold. It is pricy and grindy but it is an mmo, what did you expect. from the 24 mans thats nearly 4 gold, running POH and BSH is at least another 2, while doing tower can easily be another 3g, not to mention to can sell small spoils that you receive, sell soulstones, keys. I sell moonwater stones but i don't buy any of the mats i just farm em to get full profit. It takes time but when it's able to pay for my gear and helping out my guildies, its all worth it. Don't call me an elitist and say that i would prefer higher up people, but when i see someone with a damn blue moonwater shield using a dokumo weapon to get in BSH because they don't even have true profane, that's kinda annoying, because at that point, we're 5 manning it. 

and thats why AP requirements became a thing, people tired and sick of carrying people that REFUSE to learn game and doesnt feel bad about burden they put on party. *cricket* the blue ones, i was basicly carrying that shit with true profan. its easy mode, and so are purple ones but no point . i rather share 20g bids with people that deservered it than some leech

Archived