@players asking for 400 attack power for a dungeon?

Devinator00

3 hours ago, Anonym said:

I rather have 390 AP with the "True Profane" weapon then 405 with the "Siren" one. People like to show off how much attack power they have but damage wise it can be even less then before due to the lack of focus-recovery. Just my 2 cents.

Greetz A.

Siren seems to proc more, which grants 100% recovery, if I recall.

I am sure that it boosts damage though, chi aside.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Duniak said:

Yeah, because people complain about 390 AP in any other dungeon lol

People complained I had 350 ap with True profane for BSH 6 man..... I repeat, BSH 6 man....... -_-"

EDIT: Besides, he said he had 320 ap not 390

So how many complain post is OP gonna make before they realize the fact that there's a difference between being elitist and being reasonable and knowing about how to deal with a dungeon?

This is about as bad as your "I'm OK with Bots" thread 

Just now, TopKEK said:

So how many complain post is OP gonna make before they realize the fact that there's a difference between being elitist and being reasonable and knowing about how to deal with a dungeon?

Well sure but we don't even know which dungeon he's talking about.

1 minute ago, Eye said:

Well sure but we don't even know which dungeon he's talking about.

I'm more than sure it's gonna be BSH or Naryu Lab

That's the only places where people would consider kicking you out for having low AP like 320. Nowhere else. 

And I mean Nowhere else

3 minutes ago, soju soju said:

yeah, what dungeon was it "really" OP?

I'm sure it was 4men Grandpa / 4men Naryu / 6men Naryu.

Sure 320 AP is okay, if you know wtf you're doing.

And if it was 4man Grandpa, 4man Naryu or 6man Naryu.

I don't want a 320 AP on my party. :l

You should read before talking smack, otherwise you'll look foolish, as you do now.

3 hours ago, TopKEK said:

I'm more than sure it's gonna be BSH or Naryu Lab

That's the only places where people would consider kicking you out for having low AP like 320. Nowhere else. 

And I mean Nowhere else

4 hours ago, Devinator00 said:

I haven't seen those request for BSH or Blackram but the dungeons i'm talking about are the blue ones i dont know their names.

Just now, Akamu said:

You should read before talking smack, otherwise you'll look foolish, as you do now.

Pfft please I read this thread and I knew instantly what he was on about.

As I said before, Nowhere else will there be someone asking for 400 AP outside Naryu and no one will complain over 320 AP unless its either BSH or Naryu

I did those blue dungeons on an Awakened Infernal weapon, not once have I ever gotten myself in a situation where people complained. Heck I haven't seen one legitimate dungeon run where  someone complains over AP on the Big 4 Blues. Those dungeons don't even require Profane so I have no idea why anyone would even think of complaining over the Big Blues. Nice try defending but this thread is just another pointless complaint. 

2 hours ago, soju soju said:

Nope, I'm sure he's covering up.

It's more likely you're the one covering up, because you didn't bother reading and now you're being shown to have been a judgmental... mean person.

2 hours ago, TopKEK said:

Pfft please I read this thread and I knew instantly what he was on about.

As I said before, Nowhere else will there be someone asking for 400 AP outside Naryu and no one will complain over 320 AP unless its either BSH or Naryu

I did those blue dungeons on an Awakened Infernal weapon, not once have I ever gotten myself in a situation where people complained. Heck I haven't seen one legitimate dungeon run where  someone complains over AP on the Big 4 Blues. Those dungeons don't even require Profane so I have no idea why anyone would even think of complaining over the Big Blues. Nice try defending but this thread is just another pointless complaint. 

Well, you don't know the people he was talking about. I've run into somebody who had less AP than me whine that I was too nooby to do Lab. Unreasonable people exist. You're just erecting a scare crow.

So nice try covering your own butt, but next time simply read.

3 hours ago, soju soju said:

What are you his mom? :)

Jokes aside, why are we evening replying in this worthless thread... haha

I'm his guardian angel. 0:)
I'm likely replying because I have homework due today that I really don't want to do.

1 minute ago, Akamu said:

Well, you don't know the people he was talking about. I've run into somebody who had less AP than me whine that I was too nooby to do Lab. Unreasonable people exist. You're just erecting a scare crow.

So nice try covering your own butt, but next time simply read.

Except I do know the people he was talking about. The only person here who doesn't is you. AP isn't even noteworthy in the big 4 blues to begin with so that's just defo an excuse. AP Elitism began with BSH came in, hell I can say it came in during Naryu Labyrinth. And do you know which dungeon people ask for 400+ AP right now in this game? Oh look, It's Naryu. 

When you're done doing your homework, then come back and tell me what I missed outside of the excuse "but you dunno people he dealin with".

Except I do know the people he was talking about. The only person here who doesn't is you. AP isn't even noteworthy in the big 4 blues to begin with so that's just defo an excuse. AP Elitism began with BSH came in, hell I can say it came in during Naryu Labyrinth. And do you know which dungeon people ask for 400+ AP right now in this game? Oh look, It's Naryu. 

When you're done doing your homework, then come back and tell me what I missed outside of the excuse "but you dunno people he dealin with".

Really? What were the IGNS? Didn't think so. For all we know, it was a group of elitists who wanted to spam the blue dungeons for Moonwaters/money and they were whining about how he'd slow them down. All we know is it was people asking for 400AP for "the blue dungeons." You can't pick parts and say "one is a lie, and this is the truth, so you're an idiot." Scroll back to Pepperino, he's seen stupid requirements; or is he lying too?

Even Naryu doesn't require 400AP. You can get away with lower.

2 hours ago, Chikki said:

Yeah because you need 400AP to clear BSH or POH. That's some upper elitist bullshit right there. 350 is PLENTY to clear that unless the party tries to make up for no skills by stacking AP and facerolling? Funny, because higher AP people in my parties tend to die first in MOBS, then call the rest noobs and leave.

did i ever say you needed 400AP for BSH?

i said i cringe if i see someone BELOW 350AP.

Have i carried before?  Yeah in BSH i do it a lot, because WL soulburn allows that one person who has sub 350 to be carried by people who have sub 400.  

However have you ever joined a pug group where your the only one who has a AP of 350+?

The rest have absolute crap gear in BSH. 

I think there should be some respect before poping your head into these dungeons and groups.  

And well, if you get yelled at, or kicked, or the entire party disban's its obviously because they dont want to deal with it, so you should learn and change what is making them leave or not join at all period.  

And no im trying hard not to sound like an elitist, however some maps/dungeons were intended on just that. 

If its the big4, blue dungeon or even POH, i dont think anyone cares what AP your running. 

I dont even mind if a lvl44 comes into one of the big4 as i prefer that over a Leech bot any day of the week.

However dont come into 4man BSH, or Naryu thinking your innocent, and not expect to get yelled at.  

35 minutes ago, Akamu said:

You should read before talking smack, otherwise you'll look foolish, as you do now

It's a fair assumption, rofl. Anyway, people can make any requirements they want for their own parties. Should we also start forcing hardcore guilds to invite every player, no matter their motivations, just so no one feels left out? If you don't fit the requirements, make your own party or use F8. Nbd.

Ergh.

3 hours ago, Gratus said:

It's a fair assumption, rofl. Anyway, people can make any requirements they want for their own parties. Should we also start forcing hardcore guilds to invite every player, no matter their motivations, just so no one feels left out? If you don't fit the requirements, make your own party or use F8. Nbd.

Ergh.

I still don't think it's a fair assumption. Look at it closer. That thread was posted before this one, meaning he had prior knowledge that people were elitist about that dungeon (320 AP is too low for that, but some whine when you have 380, which is enough for this dungeon if you know how to run it). It also lets us know that he knows of that dungeon. As I quoted before, here he is talking about  "the dungeons i'm talking about are the blue ones i dont know their names."

So we know:

1. It's a blue dungeon (Not Lab, then).
2. He knows the Lab dungeon, and did not reference it in his rant about the dungeons. Why wouldn't he mention the name? Because "i dont know their names."

I think it's fair to expect people to be reasonable. 320 AP is reasonable for Skittering Caverns and the rest of them. Pigsty would be a bit of a challenge, but 320 is still enough.

Now, I'd have told him what you're all telling him in that other thread, but Lab is a whole other beast.

if the OP got kicked for having less then400 AP in the blue 4... then that is utter BS.

Because im sure 10/10 any player would prefer to have a human lvl44 player even, then a BOT.  

But as others have said the ONLY time i ever see people demanding 400AP is Naryu + 4 man BSH for obvious reasons.  

1 hour ago, Eye said:

People complained I had 350 ap with True profane for BSH 6 man..... I repeat, BSH 6 man....... -_-"

EDIT: Besides, he said he had 320 ap not 390

350 is low for BSH, so it's understandable.

EDIT: Besides, topic name is "asking for 400+", so 390 is also too low. Only Naryu has such crazy requirements. Thinking soooo hard.

7 minutes ago, Duniak said:

350 is low for BSH, so it's understandable.

EDIT: Besides, topic name is "asking for 400+", so 390 is also too low. Only Naryu has such crazy requirements. Thinking soooo hard.

350~ is standard for True Profane. 370+ is with AP Diamond. Both of which isn't low for the run.

I'm just going to leave this here.

WgEYKnl.png

2 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

350~ is standard for True Profane. 370+ is with AP Diamond. Both of which isn't low for the run.

I'm just going to leave this here.

WgEYKnl.png

I have 387 with True Profane and I got to 45 like 5 days ago -.-

4 minutes ago, Duniak said:

I have 387 with True Profane and I got to 45 like 5 days ago -.-

Are you using Awakened/True Siren accessories? Are you using a Soul/AP35 gem?

By standard, I'm saying basic True Profane max10 with Awakened Inferno accessories max10.

14 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Are you using Awakened/True Siren accessories? Are you using a Soul/AP35 gem?

By standard, I'm saying basic True Profane max10 with Awakened Inferno accessories max10.

Pirate Bracelet and Awakened Siren BUT, I had only 70g before I leveled, rest is all from dailies. One can easily make 12g from daily cash, 20 soulstones and 30 soulstones from pvp, so it's possible to do it in like 10 days or so. And 25 AP gem, but it's only 26-28g or so.

While super high requirements are an annoyance, the reasoning behind it is simple.  People like to play with other folks at the same gear level.  If someone is too well geared you feel useless in a run and its not very fun.  If someone is too low geared you feel like they're a liability or barely better than a afk bot.

The most common requirement is 400 for the new dungeon or for 4man farms.  Everyone knows you can complete them with less, but if you're not at 400 then farming the easier dungeons will get you larger upgrades and faster gold for the time spent.  So you not only slow down their run, you slow down your own progression.  So keep plugging away at solo brightstone, blackram dungeons, and tower.  You'll be there before you know it.

Another reason for high AP and player skill requirements is speed runs. Usually if the requirement is insanely high like 450 ap or something like that. People requiring such levels of skill and power will post it up front when requesting a party. If you try to join a party where the player asked for a certain AP minimum and you have less than that, then you are the rude one. It's pretty much like trying to play in the MLB because you feel you can pitch well in little league. You WILL be kicked out.

I personally don't find this as being elitist since they are telling you up front what they would need/want from you in their parties. Another thing is respect. These peoples worked to get their characters to where they are. For some, it was a massive undertaking to get a perfect rolled soul shield, or getting the necessary items to power up. So it's natural that some wouldn't want to carry others when they had to push through themselves without help. Yes, sure, there are also the real elitists, but those can be identified after awhile and not even honest players will put up with them because of the annoyance. :P

Archived