BeK

Ruby Additional Damage Gem vs Ruby 1 Critical Gem?

Recommended Posts

BeK   

Which is better in your opinion? I personally like the Ruby 1 Critical.

Thoughts?

Edited by BeK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaliga   

I refer the additional damage on crit hit cause I'm controlling the output more or less, the 1 crit is pure on RNG proc rate and it's a hidden CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the 1 crit gem. However the additional damage gems preoc rate is somewhere around 5-10%. Low enough to make using it a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaliga   
8 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

However the additional damage gems preoc rate is somewhere around 5-10%. Low enough to make using it a waste.

Why waste? it's 100% proc on your crit hit lol

Edit: We are talking 2 different gems hehehehe

Edited by Kaliga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naekuh   
Just now, Kaliga said:

Why waste? it's 100% proc on your crit hit lol

 

it is not..

 

it is somewhere like 5-10% as sorcerer states.

Which is also why i am also starting to think they are a complete POS waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaliga   
1 minute ago, Naekuh said:

 

it is not..

 

it is somewhere like 5-10% as sorcerer states.

Which is also why i am also starting to think they are a complete POS waste. 

We were talking 2 different gems :P moving on hehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kaliga said:

Why waste? it's 100% proc on your crit hit lol

Edit: We are talking 2 different gems hehehehe



If you read it. I said I wasn't sure about the 1 crit gem. <~ This one, not sure what the proc rate on it is.

The 5-10% proc rate is on the additional damage gem. <~This is the PoS gem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Naekuh   

we are talking about the ruby which is suposed to PROC additional damage right?

Because if you think it proc's that additional damage everytime you crit, you are sadly wrong.  

 

There has been a couple of threads of people complaining about it.

 

It is not a 100% proc on crit like a leech amethyst is.  

This is why i think i may agree a + critical ruby maybe a better gem overall.  

Edited by Naekuh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shunn   
24 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Not sure about the 1 crit gem. However the additional damage gems preoc rate is somewhere around 5-10%. Low enough to make using it a waste.

you guys are ill informed, the additional damage gems are on a 5 second internal cooldown.. it's not a percentage chance. Sill worth using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The additional damage gem works fine on my force master. Most players assume it procs and adds the damage onto your regular attacks, however, it adds it as a separate damage stack entirely, which is currently why i auto attack level 45's to death after one stun in open world. yes, the level 45's that were killing the level 26 at soulstone scar, I am  looking at you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arithin   

Crit ruby can be traded, but not listed in market.  Proc chance is tied to gem quality and internal cooldown and even number of hit is tied to gem type.  I hear the top line crit ruby can do multiple hits.

If it isn't Ap or drain, it's unlikely to have any noticeable impact.  So you can just use whatever you want.  Additional damage isn't as good as it seems because its a proc chance, not 100%.  The damage isn't modified by anything, and it can't crit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arithin said:

Crit ruby can be traded, but not listed in market.  Proc chance is tied to gem quality and internal cooldown and even number of hit is tied to gem type.  I hear the top line crit ruby can do multiple hits.

If it isn't Ap or drain, it's unlikely to have any noticeable impact.  So you can just use whatever you want.  Additional damage isn't as good as it seems because its a proc chance, not 100%.  The damage isn't modified by anything, and it can't crit.

nobody in soha seems to know about em.so my only chance to get one would be rng transmute till i get one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeK   
6 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

nobody in soha seems to know about em.so my only chance to get one would be rng transmute till i get one?

Yes that is the only way to get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elynya   

It's very easy to get that critical ruby gem

you can only get it from uncommon gem box (green name) pentagonal one is fine proc rate is fine also no cooldown.

a prove is here (not my vid)

at 0:16 - 0:20 you can see it's proc 2 time back to back.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeK   
6 hours ago, LinaCrysta said:

After like 30 transmutes finally got one.damn this is great ruby to use

Each of my 4 characters has one. I agree it's' a great ruby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amkatar   

square ruby crit proc rate is around 2.5% (tested on dummies), which is basically equivalent to +1% crit rate (at 60% crit rate).

 

square ruby additional damage proc rate on the other hand is around 7.5% (for 100 additional damage), which traslates to 7.5 additional damage on every hit (or equivalently, around 1 AP).

 

So, at least when comparing same grade gems, critical one wins by a large margin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeK   
On March 10, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Shunn said:

you guys are ill informed, the additional damage gems are on a 5 second internal cooldown.. it's not a percentage chance. Sill worth using.

Can you prove this my friend? Maybe with some captured footage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To give an idea how good this gemsy is.I was using a raw damage ruby,i switched for one of these crit gems a pentagonal one.It shaved 22 seconds of my kill timer of killing mushins darkness than my previous attempts without it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LinaCrysta said:

To give an idea how good this gemsy is.I was using a raw damage ruby,i switched for one of these crit gems a pentagonal one.It shaved 22 seconds of my kill timer of killing mushins darkness than my previous attempts without it

What class are you and how high was your crt rate before putting on the gem? You said you killed Mushin 22 seconds faster with this crt gem but what addtional damage ruby gem were you using before? I'm an destroyer with 50% crt and using the 360 addtional damage ruby at the moment. Not sure if i should switch to this crt gem.

Edited by TopDollar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a fm,2500 crit rate.I was using 360 dmg gem before. The Crit gem dosent give crit rate per se,it procs and next hit u do is a critical.The gem has no cooldown too so it can proc back to back

Edited by LinaCrysta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now