Forums

Fighting VS. Blade Dancers in Arena

Roxysox

So, I'm able to beat just about every class now, but Blade Cancers get the best of me. Any tips on fighting against them?

Before anyone says anything, I've been back and forth between 1895 and 1844 for the last day or two, and really looking to hit Plat. Just need some advice for those pesky Garen wannabe's.

Don't rely on snares as they can just spin to break it, don't burn ccs then they have their Z shield up (same as ours, 5 atks for 5 secs, just spam lb attacks if mantra is on cd to burn it) spec mantra and whatever other skills have it to penetrate parry (if they're running parry spin), spec 3 for right tree 3rd down to prevent outside targeting when they back up and try to use stun/pentaslash to air combo you, use your reversal when the sword almost hits your head in grab, spec pet's pull and X for movement reduce and just kite with rb/f spam when dragoncall is down, spec void slash on pet if you can (branch right from nether pulse) for free air combos on them every 3 secs if they're kd/daze/stunned)

try those and see if it works.

Just now, Shirayuki said:

Don't rely on snares as they can just spin to break it, don't burn ccs then they have their Z shield up (same as ours, 5 atks for 5 secs, just spam lb attacks if mantra is on cd to burn it) spec mantra and whatever other skills have it to penetrate parry (if they're running parry spin), spec 3 for right tree 3rd down to prevent outside targeting when they back up and try to use stun/pentaslash to air combo you, use your reversal when the sword almost hits your head in grab, spec pet's pull and X for movement reduce and just kite with rb/f spam when dragoncall is down, spec void slash on pet if you can (branch right from nether pulse) for free air combos on them every 3 secs if they're kd/daze/stunned)

try those and see if it works.

So into BD's Dragoncall is the better spec? Helix isn't worth the points? I'm guessing it's due to the penetration that Call gives over Helix?

Just now, Roxysox said:

So into BD's Dragoncall is the better spec? Helix isn't worth the points? I'm guessing it's due to the penetration that Call gives over Helix?

Not just that, dragon call can be bursted faster than helix, so if you get them in a cc lock when they have no chi and burn your big CDs (so ex: make them waste TAB escape and F, then just burst them while they're air locked/stun locked with dragoncall/awakened rupture/rb&v&f spam)

I'm not a professional WL and it's pretty much up to preference, if you like the sustained dmg abilities of helix (which mind you is harder to get off because all 3 Vs must hit in order to equal the dmg of 1 dragoncall, considering that most classes have evades it's more insurance than anything imo, but helix can be used more often) then use it, if you like a more reliable and quick burst (taking in to account they're CCd properly) take dragon call.

Archived