Forums

Why I think all classes in BnS are boring to play

Atlantae

1 minute ago, Atlantae said:

yes, to RELAX. I can accept that some people might appreciate "button push spam", altho the point of this thread is asking to see how that's possible tho. But with that said, I cannot agree with you can say it is relaxing to "button push spam". please justify how it is relaxing to do that, at least physically speaking. 

now on top of side stepping my question, u r pretending u didn't just make an obvious exaggeration in an attempt to valid whatever it was u were trying to say. 

please name 1 mmorpg that uses 15 buttons for dps rotation or admit u were exaggerating. 

I never said a word about 15 button anything. That was someone else. They also replied WoW ( just to save you the time of going to look) Nobody is going to be able to justify what relaxes them to you. Because different people find different things relaxing. Anyone that feels the same way you do, which is apparently the only people you can understand in regards to this, are going to agree with you, therefore no justification needed. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

You have a ton of different skills for each character, so its not like you have to click the same 2-3 buttoms and spam stuff. There's no 'right' way to play the game you can play however you like, so it's not really boring then. If you have 20-30 skills why do you only gotta use 2-3, you can vary it as you like. There isn't any rules to it, and who cares if your combat then isn't the strongest... it's a game, just play however you want to.

there most certainly is a "right" way to play sir, because we r talking about dps rotation, and dps rotations are called that because they are the sequence in which skills are used to achieve the highest possible dps. 

yes, I can play any class and simply hold down lmb. yes it is possible. then u take 2 hours to kill a boss. 

2 minutes ago, drkn335 said:

It's not the 'classes' themselves that are boring, they don't limit you if you play creatively. Instead it's how you're choosing to play them that is boring, so it's your own fault.

we r not talking about creative ways to play each class. we r talking about dps rotation. 

Just now, Atlantae said:

there most certainly is a "right" way to play sir, because we r talking about dps rotation, and dps rotations are called that because they are the sequence in which skills are used to achieve the highest possible dps. 

yes, I can play any class and simply hold down lmb. yes it is possible. then u take 2 hours to kill a boss. 

First of all, it's Miss. Second of all, there isn't a 'right' way to play at all - people CHOOSE how they want to play. You don't sign up to a game and it says no matter what you must only focus on DPS. People do whatever the *cricketing* heck they want. 

14 minutes ago, Atlantae said:

AS FAST AS U CAN.

Really do wonder what you play, KFM for example relies on rhythm, not spamming as fast as you can. Afaik most classes lose DPS if they just try to spam as fast as they can.

Also no one is forcing you to minmax your damage, if you don't like anicanceling... don't do it. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantae said:

we r not talking about creative ways to play each class. we r talking about dps rotation. 

DPS rotation varies depending on resistances, number of people in the group, what classes are represented and what co-op attacks you have going off. So you are incorrect. There is not just one proper way to DPS. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantae said:

yes, to RELAX. I can accept that some people might appreciate "button push spam", altho the point of this thread is asking to see how that's possible tho. But with that said, I cannot agree with you can say it is relaxing to "button push spam". please justify how it is relaxing to do that, at least physically speaking. 

now on top of side stepping my question, u r pretending u didn't just make an obvious exaggeration in an attempt to valid whatever it was u were trying to say. 

please name 1 mmorpg that uses 15 buttons for dps rotation or admit u were exaggerating. 

There are other reasons to why people play games, not just because of combat. If they don't like the combat, then they find being immersed in the open world of the game's beauty fun. Or they might like the storyline or plain hanging out with people.

On to the topic of clicking 2-3 keys, this game like any other, has instant cast skills and skills with cooldown timers. Unlike others, this game has a bit more of instant casts whereas other games you have tons of skills to rotate through simply because they have instant cast for lets say normal basic attacks and the high damage dealing skills have cooldowns.

In Blade and Soul, you have several other skills you can use instead of spamming instant casts. For instance, stacking up fire/ice buffs on FM for other uses or SIN's poison stacking for more damage on certain skills, or any character with skill specs that let them deal more damage on CC'd enemies.

3 minutes ago, Atlantae said:

Idk about other classes but for FM you can spec ice 2 and hold down 2 during the whole boss fight and press z twice per 45 seconds. The dps is only 20% less than perfect ani canceling with burning build.

Animation Canceling is the core of dps as a destroyer, but it is far from the only thing you have to do in combat.  The dps rotation is really only a small part of the fight in my experience.  Just standing in one place to ani-cancel will get you killed on most bosses in 4 man, and the fact that most bosses like to move around a lot.  I have to cycle through different resist skills/def increase skills with the use of either C, V, Tab, SS.  Also as a destroyer I find that most people leave it up to me to CC a boss seeing as I can double stun and double knockdown and then keep the boss held for 4-6 seconds.

As far as animation canceling goes in other games, Tera had it as well if you played a Slayer.  Heart Thrust could be shortened with Overhand Strike, and Overhand Strike could be shortened with Eviscerate (Slayer is the only class I played).  Vindictus also had animation canceling as a Lann (twin spears) using dodge to cancel attack and attacks to cancel dodge.  I have been told Hurk can animation cancel as well but I never played Hurk.  

The reason people find it enjoyable is because they like having high dps in games.  I personally enjoy the system because I don't have to have all these extra skills slotted to do as much damage as possible.  Playing a Annihilation Marauder on SWTOR there are 10 skills in the dps roation, with 3 different rotations to go through (opener, dps, execute phase) as well as all my other defensive cooldowns.  It is alot more taxing to me to maneuver around my keyboard then it is to fight the right pace to animation cancel.   

And as other people have stated already just mashing lmb and rmb as fast as you can will not give you animation canceling.  If you do it too fast, as a destroyer, you will only ever use cleave.  

25 minutes ago, Atlantae said:

yes and from time to time u have to dodge boss attacks etc etc. doesn't change the fact that when u r dpsing, it's just spamming 2-3 buttons as fast u can. 

u r still trying to justify this combat system instead of just simply answering my question of how u find spamming 2-3 buttons as fast as u can to be fun. 

The same way I find all combat in MMOs fun.  Do I or do I not, enjoy the animations?

There's a reason I like to solo hunt and it's called "aerial combos" :p  PvP?  Still doing the aerial combos.  If you are sticking to just RM+F spam, that is all on you :p

8 minutes ago, Brand X said:

The same way I find all combat in MMOs fun.  Do I or do I not, enjoy the animations?

There's a reason I like to solo hunt and it's called "aerial combos" :p  PvP?  Still doing the aerial combos.  If you are sticking to just RM+F spam, that is all on you :p

Ariel combos are great. Still havent figured out how to land a 3 hit combo on my kfm, but it is definitly fun to kick stuff around.

I main an Assassin, and I find the game fun because most of the games, a good percentage of the damage I deal comes from damage over time effects. Poisoning the opponent and keeping the stacks up, trying to stay in stealth most of the fight and fooling him into burning I-Frames/Counters.

If my opponent does mess up, of course I'll take advantage of it, and perform a combo.

The full combo goes as: Tab-1-LMB-Tab-1-4-(wait a second)-Tab-X-SS-V-1-4-LMB-RMB-LMB-RMB-F-Tab-LMB-RMB-LMB-RMB-F-Z-3-2-RMB.

As you can see, I do animation canceling 4 times in a full combo (4 times LMB-RMB). Rest are different skills, and this rotation is adaptable depending on in my opponent has a counter/escape up, and what my cooldowns are.

So yes, the for me it's fun because I don't find this becoming too repetitive and mindless spamming, as most of my damage comes from sources outside animation-canceling

Archived