Why do chained/frozen enemies still hit you with their leaps?

Prototypemind

Gubong, Deva, etc get locked in place, yet their aoe from their leap still hits you when you're across the room. Game has been out for years and the impact is coded to be separate from the location of the enemy's body/weapon? I'm lost as to how this has never been addressed.

My favorite is the stupid red fish boss who does that bite and pick up attack...you can be clear behind it a good 8m and then your corpse teleports straight into it's mouth. Pinchy's burrow also will still hit you even if his body doesn't leave the spot.

5 hours ago, Killian said:

My favorite is the stupid red fish boss who does that bite and pick up attack...you can be clear behind it a good 8m and then your corpse teleports straight into it's mouth. Pinchy's burrow also will still hit you even if his body doesn't leave the spot.

The bite of Hujikar is a targeted attack and not an aoe, that is why regardless of the targeted character position unless evaded it will still get you (he gets target lock on the char with agro). Yes it looks weird as all hell, but its just how the mechanic is set up. The animation is just *cricket*ing slow and al"lows for you to "move out of the way" but not really.  Just time a dodge/immune skill and all is well. Same goes for Thrasher's bite attack.

What I find stupid is how inconsistent it is.
Sometimes the hitbox from some enemies wont get you from 5 yards away, and sometimes it will. It's really bad game design and should be revised; nothing should be inconsistent to how the player experiences enemy engagement unless indicated beforehand.

Assassin vs Blade Master/Destroyer: "Oh, I tab swap you as you throw your sword/axe? I still get pulled and stunlocked. Oh, I tab swap you as you leap stun me? I still get stunlocked."

Yeah... Really annoying when I'm not even in the position to be harmed at all.

Guess this brought up the fact that a lot of the targeting mechanics have just never been properly fixed, or that their windows are just too tight. I know I've read elsewhere that basically everything was made to cater to KR players in cafes with 20ms ping.

The leaps I just can't understand though. Milliseconds aren't even in that. They're long, obvious, and shouldn't be an issue when the boss is pinned half way across the screen.

There are ton of issues with hit box from bosses, I got hit many time even I was nowhere near them and out of the red indicator. For example i did shit load fight with BW and I knew exact where to go and when to SS and where the safe distance to avoid his big red ground AoE but i still got hit from time to time, sometime I don't get hit at all and sometime I just got hit when I'm not suppose to get hit at that distance lol

It almost seems as if the skill is "cast" and the animation is just a follow up to the attack. I get hit SO many times when I am not even anywhere remotely close OR I am in the air flying over the top of them, (KFM and lance mobs are bad at this). some boss skills like Hae Mujin's Red circle jump cant be stopped, however you do stop him actually moving to location he intended to. Also you need to note the infite gap closer (or) stun skills a mob will get if you run away from it, <---- this is more annoying imo.

Archived