Forums

Everything is just a grind now.

UnitedStrafes

I have to agree that this game is a MASSIVE grind. That said i'm in no hurry to actually get all the end-game stuff anymore. Started when BnS went live lvled a KFM to 45 in 4 days. At the moment i'm still at profane and don't feel like upgrading the weapon anymore for now. The high costs killed trying to progress for me. I like doing fun thing and simply grinding gold is not in my list of "fun things". In the meanwhile i simply play some PVP against bots, lvl some alts and in general try to find people with the same mindset to spend some time with.

At first i tried as hard as i can to keep up with players from other servers with shitloads more experience. Seeying how that drove me mental with the high costs i simply took like 6 steps back and started enjoying the game instead of trying to get to the "end" as fast as possible. I have no idea how long that will last, since it seems outside of upgrading your weapon/gear there isn't a whole lot to do. 

Personally i feel it fails a bit in the "random" things to do, but other then that it's a ok game to play. If something like C9 combat comes out with open world i'm gone from this game though thats for sure. I admit this game requires skill in pvp, but more then that it requires knowledge about your opponent and i'm not sure i'm intrested enough to actually learn that in this game. Oh well for now i'll keep on playing till something more worthwhile comes out.

TL:DR it's a ok game for now.

Edit: Games like C9 and dragons nest is what i call "action mmo's". This game feels allot more strategic then action based in my oppinion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is no where near a grind. For example in Cabal 2 to go from level 45 to 46 you require 13 million Experience. Now the quests give maybe 70k - 100k at most and the dailies give about the same. The mobs drop maybe 100k exp at most. Now most mmorpg's are like Cabal 2 grind wise. In fact BnS is one of the best games when it comes to not  requiring a lot of grinding. I get it the Hongmoon Levels seems like it can take a while but if you do your E Fleet, Night Shade Harbor, Blood Shade Harbor, Black Ram Supply, Mushin's Tower, Naryu Labyrinth and the 4 Blues you will level in no time. Also PVP is a good way to level as well. You and everyone else can do this!! You can make good money too. Good luck if you decide to stay!!  :D

4 hours ago, Rockbridge said:

Looks like we found the Blackwyrm noob. You should be iframing those roars not running in and out. Also, find a good tank, makes killing the thing very easy.

Back on topic, I do find this game and the things you mentioned fun. I don't understand people like you who come in here and act like fun is some objective thing that we all ought to feel the same about. I'm a f2p player who's been playing since first week of Feb. This is one of the least grindy, least P2W MMO's I've ever played. The great combat system is what makes this game fun to me

As others have said, show me any MMO that doesn't have some type of grind at endgame where you do the same thing over and over. Would you rather kill endless numbers of mobs, grind the same quests daily, do the same PvP warzones forever, raid once a week every week on schedule, etc. Pick your poison.

I just love how people pretend they know what they're talking about when in reality they don't know jack-all.

I can't block the roar, I can't ice block or shield or spin and petal storm is only effective against the poison - it does dick for the roar. Ergo, the only thing I can do for the entire, mind-numbing, boring as *cricket* encounter is SS out ever 20 seconds. Like I said.

Back on topic. You and a few thousand Koreans find tedium fun. Good for you.

what do you say if i tell you that

your grind is due to NCSoft thinmking we wester players are kids who need to be spoonfed hence they delay the content to let us upgrade everythinmg so we are not weak enough for further content?

On 3/11/2016 at 1:35 AM, NN13 said:
  • For now, remove the reasons for Bots in Arena - Soulstones from Arena. That will minimize bot invasion since the profits will be cut.
  • Captcha solving before each and every arena match. It might be a little inconvenient for players, but they will face less bots.
  • Auto-kick AFKers from Dungeons. No need for Vote-kick if NCSoft thinks it will be abused, but an auto-kick will help. If you do not deal any damage for 2 minutes, you are kicked.
  • Apparently, NCSoft already have a mechanism to stop AFKers. Field Bosses need you to deal a percentage of damage to get rewards. So, why not implement them in Dungeons? A player gets reward chest and the ability to bid in Auction only if he/she/ 'it' dealt enough damage. Simple.
  • Design a kick-bot for chat. Anything remotely similar to dollar,$,pound,sterling, etc. will kick you from chat until you log out and log back in. Something similar to what we have in Warframe. If you say WTS or WTB in any chat except trade chat, you get auto-kicked until you re-login.
  • Fix the Block list so that it actually blocks friend request and whispers(I mean the sound) of those blocked.

Well, it is entirely your opinion and I respect that.

One thing I want to point out is - Just because other games have similar Daily Quests does not make it good or interesting. If I played Tera, I probably would have complained there as well. Doing the same things everyday for a month or 2 is never fun.

Unfortunately, in my area, Tera is published by Gameforge and not Enmasse and given the reputation of gameforge, I avoided it.

you can play americas tera from europe. 

Part of why doing the daily grind feels boring and unrewarding is the end result seemingly getting further and further away (fueled by people leaving the game, player greed and rewards to time etc etc).

If the grind wasn't a singularity upon reaching the end game it wouldn't seem so bad... Like put lvl based faction pvp zones in each major part of the game (so Viridian coast) and have the area give rewards based on the zone (so less rewards for lower areas and greater higher up).

Even this would give the game more fun since you can start the massive grind early enough to enjoy it properly... And not feel daunted by trying to get the end result.

On 3/11/2016 at 8:09 PM, Shukran said:

what do you say if i tell you that

your grind is due to NCSoft thinmking we wester players are kids who need to be spoonfed hence they delay the content to let us upgrade everythinmg so we are not weak enough for further content?

Delay the content? They are actually rushin with content considering how much behind we are actually of other versions and cause of tournaments. Only reason we didnt get legendary weps this patch was cause people arent rich enough cause upgrading legendary costs 5k+ gold.

We are actually much stronger then we should be considering our patch,it was also alot harder before to upgrade/evolve stuff. Also release of of lab was actually much later then mushin f7-8 ,means we also have alot more HP then we should have as other stats as well.

True mobs/bosses are also boosted but its still much easier then it should have been if we only were on normal update path.

If they released updates even faster as well as legendar it would make the gap between newcommers and old players too big as well as casuals (ppl with life) vs no life 24/7 playtime.

Game is too new to let that happen,would only lead to even more players leaving. Considering theres not too many low lvls that are actually that new other then bots and casuals.

11 hours ago, Eladriel said:

Delay the content? They are actually rushin with content considering how much behind we are actually of other versions and cause of tournaments. Only reason we didnt get legendary weps this patch was cause people arent rich enough cause upgrading legendary costs 5k+ gold.

We are actually much stronger then we should be considering our patch,it was also alot harder before to upgrade/evolve stuff. Also release of of lab was actually much later then mushin f7-8 ,means we also have alot more HP then we should have as other stats as well.

True mobs/bosses are also boosted but its still much easier then it should have been if we only were on normal update path.

If they released updates even faster as well as legendar it would make the gap between newcommers and old players too big as well as casuals (ppl with life) vs no life 24/7 playtime.

Game is too new to let that happen,would only lead to even more players leaving. Considering theres not too many low lvls that are actually that new other then bots and casuals.

What u wrote is what i actually mean for spoonfeeding.

i just reassumed it.

My main feeling is that the problem is that each time you upgrade you're left with almost nothing once you reach end game. All the resources you gathered, including most of your gold, is burned in the process. GW2 is similar to this if you truly gear your character as you level and especially with Ascended items at end game. Vindictus is very, very much this way, with RNG burning additional gold if you try to enchant/enhance yourself.

As someone else mention, SWTOR was nice in that there were multiple approaches to leveling, even more so now, and in that you didn't have to grind out day after day after day to get your upgrades. You could do your weekly Operations, do dailies on multiple planets, PvP, craft, do conquest, etc. No game has a perfect system, but I never felt like it was a chore to do those things whether it was group content or solo.

In this game I am leveling alts and I'm enjoying myself, but I'm having to limit how many dailies I do at 45 on characters as it just becomes tedious because of the limited choice available to actually earn rewards.

One other issue this game is going to face is that it doesn't have difficulty modes. SWTOR has Normal, Hard, Nightmare; Vindictus has Easy, Normal, Hard, with the addition of Season of Macha for even more difficulty. In this game once you out gear or out level content the challenge is gone and there's no reason to return on top of rewards being limited in lower areas. Naryu Lab and Mushin 8 have been added, but again, because there's no difficulty choice the Devs simply tossed a ton of HP on the bosses to gate it behind a DPS check meaning that currently the majority of players at 45 likely still can't touch it.

To me the main problem again, is that this game like Vindictus and GW2 has a gold standard for increasing your gear and each bit of progression leaves you in the poor house. Players who grind it out early get rich because they can clear the content more easily and sell resources to others, players who grind a bit do alright, and players who don't have a lot of time to invest are pretty much just on the slow road to tedium. GW2 wasn't as bad because players could PvP for certain items/rewards, etc, but all three titles do a poor job of presenting limited content for progression at end game and it takes away the joy of playing.

Archived