Everything is just a grind now.

UnitedStrafes

Was about to log in and play when I realized everything I can think of to do is just a huge grind.

Start getting my BM leveled, grind after leveling 2 toons already.

Do dailies on my main, grind pvp bots for pvp dailies, AFKs and bots in the big 4, another Blackram/Bloodshade 24 man ugh, but at least that has remained pretty much bot free.

Run Ruins again and again for my Brightstone gauntlet needed for my KMF upgrade. Open box after box after box.

Grind Misty Woods crimson base for my starter soul shield needed on my Warlock.

Just ugh, think I'll just go play something that doesn't seem like a second job that I'm paying for.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really Star Wars while leveling up I play pvp 1st you can fast travel everywhere automatically now, main story missions will give you more than enough XP to level to 60 and never have to touch a side mission. By the time you're there and have been playing pvp (objective based bot free pvp mind you with 16 players) you'll will have enough comms to buy a complete set of the highest tier pvp gear which is more than enough for 95% of end game content.

Money, I just craft. You can send out up to 6 companions to gather and up their affection which will yield more mats through critical successes during crafting missions, all that with just a button click.

I can go in to Star Wars now sit on the fleet and just run pvp warzones while sending companions out and having them craft and make a million credits, and never leave the spot I'm standing on.

9 minutes ago, ThaiTanic said:

Didnt you just describe 9 outta 10 mmorpgs on the market today?

He sure did and still neither of the MMOs that i tried have never felt like this one.

Even in Aion where you basically needed to farm medals and AP for PvP gear never felt so grindy,game with 2 different armor and weapon sets (PvP and PvE) felt less grindy and less like a second job then this one.

2 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

He sure did and still neither of the MMOs that i tried have never felt like this one.

Even in Aion where you basically needed to farm medals and AP for PvP gear never felt so grindy,game with 2 different armor and weapon sets (PvP and PvE) felt less grindy and less like a second job then this one.

Right and unless you have 8 hours a day to play video games forget ever getting alts to a decent level of gear in any kind of timely manner.

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

Right and unless you have 8 hours a day to play video games forget ever getting alts to a decent level of gear in any kind of timely manner.

Alts are easy to lvl even with only few hours of playtime a day,my bigger problem while lvling that i must do quests in order to lvl and progress in game,and the game shouldnt relay on alts to keep people in the game or to get more of certain items (soulstones) 

7 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Not really Star Wars while leveling up I play pvp 1st you can fast travel everywhere automatically now, main story missions will give you more than enough XP to level to 60 and never have to touch a side mission. By the time you're there and have been playing pvp (objective based bot free pvp mind you with 16 players) you'll will have enough comms to buy a complete set of the highest tier pvp gear which is more than enough for 95% of end game content.

Money, I just craft. You can send out up to 6 companions to gather and up their affection which will yield more mats through critical successes during crafting missions, all that with just a button click.

I can go in to Star Wars now sit on the fleet and just run pvp warzones while sending companions out and having them craft and make a million credits, and never leave the spot I'm standing on.

That is still a grind.  :p  You're still doing the same thing over and over.  It's wrapped up in different dressing is all.

7 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Alts are easy to lvl even with only few hours of playtime a day,my bigger problem while lvling that i must do quests in order to lvl and progress in game,and the game shouldnt relay on alts to keep people in the game or to get more of certain items (soulstones) 

Ya the level process, I just send an alt 10g and some OP gems and blast through it, I'm talking about getting alts to 45-50 then starting the gear grind a grind that is already overly tedious and rng based.

1-2 alts doable for a pretty casual player

3-4 getting pretty rough

4-8 is a *cricket*ing nightmare senario

3 minutes ago, Brand X said:

That is still a grind.  :p  You're still doing the same thing over and over.  It's wrapped up in different dressing is all.

Um no?

I play pvp warzones over and over it's what I like in the game. I don't play 50 1v1 matches against Destroyer bots over and over.

Also for me there is no gear grind I have a set of end game gear automatically at 65 from doing my pvp so would most pve players from collecting crystals from leveling up.

That set of gear will be good for a year until the next tier of gear or a new level cap.

1 minute ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Ya the level process, I just send an alt 10g and some OP gems and blast through it, I'm talking about getting alts to 45-50 then starting the gear grind a grind that is already overly tedious and rng based.

1-2 alts doable for a pretty casual player

3-4 getting pretty rough

4-8 is a *cricket*ing nightmare senario

Um no?

I play pvp warzones over and over it's what I like in the game. I don't play 50 1v1 matches against Destroyer bots over and over.

Exactly.  You're doing the same thing over and over.  That's what grind is.  Doing something over and over.  Same thing different window dressing.

3 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Exactly.  You're doing the same thing over and over.  That's what grind is.  Doing something over and over.  Same thing different window dressing.

I think main point is that theres not much to do in game,im not trying ro hate the game or spread any hate,its just my 1st time seeing that so many people actually got bored so fast of the game that came out 2months ago.

I may not have tried lots of MMO but sure the hell spent years of time on some and all of them were much more fun and enjoyable. They all had to offer more then just latency based arena and endless grind.

2 minutes ago, Brand X said:

No pvp warzones are what is fun for me, I don't need the rewards by any means a typical reward is 100 warzone comms I have over 50,000. I don't need to grind them for any reason.

Now maybe people LOVE playing the PvP bots, maybe people LOVE doing the big four with a bot or 2 or 3 and some AFKs, however it's not what I call fun, just a grind.

37 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Was about to log in and play when I realized everything I can think of to do is just a huge grind.

Start getting my BM leveled, grind after leveling 2 toons already.

Do dailies on my main, grind pvp bots for pvp dailies, AFKs and bots in the big 4, another Blackram/Bloodshade 24 man ugh, but at least that has remained pretty much bot free.

Run Ruins again and again for my Brightstone gauntlet needed for my KMF upgrade. Open box after box after box.

Grind Misty Woods crimson base for my starter soul shield needed on my Warlock.

Just ugh, think I'll just go play something that doesn't seem like a second job that I'm paying for.

I wouldn't call doing a series of dailys everyday being a grind, but more of pulling 10 ~ 15 monsters and AoEing them for hours to gain 5% exp a grind (much like BDO)

1 minute ago, Luffs said:

I wouldn't call doing a series of dailys everyday being a grind, but more of pulling 10 ~ 15 monsters and AoEing them for hours to gain 5% exp a grind (much like BDO)

It sure as *cricket* is when there's bots and afks involved.

Normally I love levelling alts, WoW, Rift, Swtor, Aion, AoC, GW2 hell even Tera wasn't too bad, but I have no motivation to level any alts to 45(50). It's hard enough coming in to this game so late now trying to farm gold to evolve my weapon before the 50 patch comes ( whenever that is ). It wouldn't be so bad if crafting wasn't insanely ridiculous. Why can I only craft 1 item at a time it just doesn't compute. It feels like it's forcing me to have alts just to craft, which generally isn't something I enjoy doing, but you kind of have to. doing dailies allows me to buy 2 moonwater stones a day maybe I'm not managing my gold properly.

I do love this game and I'll just keep plotting along. 

1 minute ago, UnitedStrafes said:

No pvp warzones are what is fun for me, I don't need the rewards by any means a typical reward is 100 warzone comms I have over 50,000. I don't need to grind them for any reason.

Now maybe people LOVE playing the PvP bots, maybe people LOVE doing the big four with a bot or 2 or 3 and some AFKs, however it's not what I call fun, just a grind.

People love Arena in this game cause you dont need gear for it,all you need is max lvl of the class you like and you can enjoy the game in every update,PvE for those kind of people is just a DLC :) something to kill time.and relax after PvPing alot.

1 minute ago, Eladriel said:

People love Arena in this game cause you dont need gear for it,all you need is max lvl of the class you like and you can enjoy the game in every update,PvE for those kind of people is just a DLC :) something to kill time.and relax after PvPing alot.

I like the arena well enough but its not an arean anymore it's me against what might as well be Destroyer npcs with a few real players peppered in RARELY, I'm also a Destroyer on my main so the bots never win. Up to 1860 since the patch almost to plat still nothing but bots after bots after bots. Going for silver to gold on my new Warlock 40 matches FOURTY bots, I never played an actual player.

3 minutes ago, Synfour said:

Normally I love levelling alts, WoW, Rift, Swtor, Aion, AoC, GW2 hell even Tera wasn't too bad, but I have no motivation to level any alts to 45(50). It's hard enough coming in to this game so late now trying to farm gold to evolve my weapon before the 50 patch comes ( whenever that is ). It wouldn't be so bad if crafting wasn't insanely ridiculous. Why can I only craft 1 item at a time it just doesn't compute. It feels like it's forcing me to have alts just to craft, which generally isn't something I enjoy doing, but you kind of have to. doing dailies allows me to buy 2 moonwater stones a day maybe I'm not managing my gold properly.

I do love this game and I'll just keep plotting along. 

I wouldnt mind this type.of craft system if it was the least rewarding,wanted to try skin weapon craft....too bad my class KFM has such ugly wep skins. Played with stalker gauntlet until silver deva came.

7 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

See!  Different dressing!  You think it's not a grind because you like it.  Others see the grind here and like it.  So it's all a grind, that's what MMOs are!

2 minutes ago, Brand X said:

See!  Different dressing!  You think it's not a grind because you like it.  Others see the grind here and like it.  So it's all a grind, that's what MMOs are!

There's people who like 1v1 with bots over and over and over? I have 3 friends in the game all quit a week ago for that specific reason but ok...if there's people who think 1v1 vs bots is fun more power to em.

Don't even get me started on tags since it's 90% chance you'll have an AFK on your team. "Get your own team" you say, a fine idea then we get to play 2 afks on the opposite team.

23 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

I agree, but I dont think it is all about the grind, in this version of BnS it is more about the lackluster rewards, I mean like 2 or 3 runs of Mushin tower for Shields and your done no need to go back and certainly NOT worth the time involved to grind through the floors for the gold, at least in other versions of BnS even the gold rewards are better. this version is set to take and cost as much gold as poss from players and rewards as little  as poss back and yet gold is a necessity to up grade gear,  

Looking at alot of players in the game some have quite obviously bought gold and to be honest if they have the cash and dont have the time, its not surprising they have, I have played MMORPG's for like 15 years so I know what grind is and usually there is a goal at the end which makes it worth while, BUT this game its like 'one step forward and two steps Backwards'  LOL, even the DEV's dont know what they are doing one week on the live stream they state one thing and they are going to do this or that, then the next week they do something entirely different

6 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

There's people who like 1v1 with bots over and over and over? I have 3 friends in the game all quit a week ago for that specific reason but ok...if there's people who think 1v1 vs bots is fun more power to em.

Don't even get me started on tags since it's 90% chance you'll have an AFK on your team. "Get your own team" you say, a fine idea then we get to play 2 afks on the opposite team.

Not the games fault for AFKers, and I've played TOR's warzones, they have afkers in them too.  More so when they had forced PvP to get a companion :p

Just now, Brand X said:

Not the games fault for AFKers, and I've played TOR's warzones, they have afkers in them too.  More so when they had forced PvP to get a companion :p

OFC it is. Haven't played many MMOs Star Wars, TERA and this. both games there would be no reward if you were AFK and if you were afk not helping with the dungeon you'd get kicked out, hows that NOT the game's fault?

OFC it is. Haven't played many MMOs Star Wars, TERA and this. both games there would be no reward if you were AFK and if you were afk not helping with the dungeon you'd get kicked out, hows that NOT the game's fault?

I've played both those MMOs and I didn't see any AFKers get kicked out of the dungeons.  In fact, with TOR it could be worse because, oh hey, you need to chat with an NPC as a team.  :p  And for some reason the kick feature didn't always work.

Different design philosophies and communities. It would help if they introduced a way to kick AFK players, but NC Soft West believes that it would just be abused by players (and they have a point, just look at master looting before it was changed). It also doesn't help that NC Soft West doesn't even have a development team; they are a skeleton crew. 

Anyway, all MMORPGs are going to have a grind. Brand X already made solid points about it. You enjoyed the grind in different games. Korean MMORPGs are notorious for this level of grind (just look at RO back in the day). But some people enjoy that type of grind. Arena is a totally different story. I agree that fighting destroyer bots is not fun. Its easy wins, but because you didn't really have to put much effort into getting there, it gives you a false sense of skill. 

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I've played both those MMOs and I didn't see any AFKers get kicked out of the dungeons.  In fact, with TOR it could be worse because, oh hey, you need to chat with an NPC as a team.  :p  And for some reason the kick feature didn't always work.

Then you haven't played either, AFKs would get kicked within a minute, Star Wars warzone would be different because noobs don't even know how to kick the AFKs, but any decent group you'll get kicked right away because you're hiding somewhere, if you get killed by an enemy player you get returned to the spawn where you're auto kicked after 60 seconds if you don't leave.

So that's options in both games BnS has ZERO options except "deal with it".

Archived